Is it me or does anyone think the NBA sucks today?

Is it me or does anyone think the NBA sucks today?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:25 am

Remember the Lakers vs Celtics in 1984/1985/1987? Magic vs Bird! We won in 85 and 87 but Bird got us in 84. Remember the Lakers vs Jazz - Stock + Malone + Eaton/Mavs - Aguirre + Blackmon/Pistons - Isiah + Dumars + Dantley in 1988? All of those series went 7. Remember series like when the Pacers had the Bulls beat in the 1998 ECFinals? I mean Jordan/Pippen and Phil got lucky as fuck to win that. Reggie played Jordan pretty even, that went 7! Bulls barely won Game 7, Smits was punking the Bulls Centers LOL. How's about Lakers vs Kings in the WCFinals in 2002, the Kings had my stomach turning that whole fucking series. Shaq and Kobe took down a stacked Kings team with Webber + Bibby + Divac! Horry saved us in Game 4 with a 3! We don't see that great play now days. Those teams were awesome!
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5111
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 763 times
Been thanked: 314 times

Re: Is it me or does anyone think the NBA sucks today?

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:34 am

You know how I feel about the way the NBA has evolved into a "live by the 3, die by the 2" league. How bothersome is it that when your team only scores 2 points on a beautiful turn around mid-range jump shot, it is more than wiped out 5 seconds later by a long chuck? 3's have lost their luster. They are almost like lay ups when a player shoots a wide open 3, especially in the corner. They are no longer even worth 3 points in my view. They need to bring back hand checking, let these guys get more physical and, most important, move the damn three point line back 18 inches and get rid of the fucking corner 3!

But the real reason the NBA sucks is because the Lakers still suck. Let's tell it like it is.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 428 times

Re: Is it me or does anyone think the NBA sucks today?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:52 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:You know how I feel about the way the NBA has evolved into a "live by the 3, die by the 2" league. How bothersome is it that when your team only scores 2 points on a beautiful turn around mid-range jump shot, it is more than wiped out 5 seconds later by a long chuck? 3's have lost their luster. They are almost like lay ups when a player shoots a wide open 3, especially in the corner. They are no longer even worth 3 points in my view. They need to bring back hand checking, let these guys get more physical and, most important, move the damn three point line back 18 inches and get rid of the fucking corner 3!

But the real reason the NBA sucks is because the Lakers still suck. Let's tell it like it is.


Yeah the Lakers not being Good doesn't help. I guess if they were Good I wouldn't of created this topic. I was just looking back on history and was remembering all of those great players and series.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5111
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 763 times
Been thanked: 314 times

Re: Is it me or does anyone think the NBA sucks today?

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:42 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:You know how I feel about the way the NBA has evolved into a "live by the 3, die by the 2" league. How bothersome is it that when your team only scores 2 points on a beautiful turn around mid-range jump shot, it is more than wiped out 5 seconds later by a long chuck? 3's have lost their luster. They are almost like lay ups when a player shoots a wide open 3, especially in the corner. They are no longer even worth 3 points in my view. They need to bring back hand checking, let these guys get more physical and, most important, move the damn three point line back 18 inches and get rid of the fucking corner 3!

But the real reason the NBA sucks is because the Lakers still suck. Let's tell it like it is.


Yeah the Lakers not being Good doesn't help. I guess if they were Good I wouldn't of created this topic. I was just looking back on history and was remembering all of those great players and series.


Hey, on a certain level, the Lakers lucked out. They were the last of the great plodding teams. Starting with the 2011 Mavs, the term "live by the three, die by the three" became obsolete. Remember kpmclean? As much as he got on my nerves, he was 100% correct in terms of where this league was headed. He saw it clearly and I refused to see it. BTW, I don't like it!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 428 times

Re: Is it me or does anyone think the NBA sucks today?

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:18 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:You know how I feel about the way the NBA has evolved into a "live by the 3, die by the 2" league. How bothersome is it that when your team only scores 2 points on a beautiful turn around mid-range jump shot, it is more than wiped out 5 seconds later by a long chuck? 3's have lost their luster. They are almost like lay ups when a player shoots a wide open 3, especially in the corner. They are no longer even worth 3 points in my view. They need to bring back hand checking, let these guys get more physical and, most important, move the damn three point line back 18 inches and get rid of the fucking corner 3!

But the real reason the NBA sucks is because the Lakers still suck. Let's tell it like it is.


Yeah the Lakers not being Good doesn't help. I guess if they were Good I wouldn't of created this topic. I was just looking back on history and was remembering all of those great players and series.


To others (like, say, Warriors fans), the NBA sucked when the Lakers were winning the Pacific Division and threarening to win it all year after year - though there were many great teams in both the East and West back then. To others, the NBA sucked when it was Jordan's Bulls and nobody else to compare. It all depends on the fans and what excites audiences. The game, the rules and the way the product is marketed (and how players choose to buddy up) has all shifted the landscape - particularly for guys like us who have watched the evolution since the 70s.

But everything new becomes old again, and I still see the purity in the way these new-age ballers do their thing. The NBA itself is confused, I think, about what it wants to be - but in the meantime nothing stops the show. Kaepernick didn't stop the NFL from proceeding on its usual highly-viewed path, and despite our Lakers continuing to struggle, the NBA will keep being popular with fans across the globe. Yes, some of the players have become softer than a wet sock and social media has turned everyone into a gossiping betty, but as long as the round ball is being chucked at the orange hoop, the NBA will always be full of action.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 152 times
Been thanked: 285 times

Re: Is it me or does anyone think the NBA sucks today?

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:18 am

lakerevolution wrote:But everything new becomes old again, and I still see the purity in the way these new-age ballers do their thing. The NBA itself is confused, I think, about what it wants to be - but in the meantime nothing stops the show. Kaepernick didn't stop the NFL from proceeding on its usual highly-viewed path, and despite our Lakers continuing to struggle, the NBA will keep being popular with fans across the globe. Yes, some of the players have become softer than a wet sock and social media has turned everyone into a gossiping betty, but as long as the round ball is being chucked at the orange hoop, the NBA will always be full of action.


A thing of beauty, Rev. :xclaphands: :kingclaphands: :kingclaphands:
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 428 times


Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron