The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:14 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:So Kawhi to the East, to a team that may or may not pose a threat to the Celtics. Guess his LA dream didn't include LeBron.

Don't really know what you meant by the LeBron comment. The Spurs had control of this and preferred to remain competitive by acquiring DeRozan and shipping Kawhi out of the West. Who know what goes through Kawhi's head. There are conflicting reports from him wanting to play with the Lakers (and yes, with LeBron), to not caring whether he plays for the Lakers or Clippers as long as it's in LA, to him preferring the Clippers so he can be "the guy", to talking to other 2019 FAs to team up somewhere and not necessarily in LA (e.g., Brooklyn will have cap space). I have read literally ALL of these RUMORS. Personally, I'm glad that the kids are going to have the chance to develop alongside LeBron, although I wish one of those kids was Randle, yet KCP at 25 gets to be a "kid" again. If Kawhi wants out of Toronto, there's always a chance of a Pau-like trade that catapults the Lakers mid-season. We have a bunch of expiring contracts and the Raptors wanted out of DeRozan's contract to rebuild unless they can talk Kawhi into loving them. Masia Uriji is the GM equivalent of Sam Presti; one of the best in the business. He is betting on himself. We'll see.

This means we can get Leonard in the summer of 2019 and not give up anyone. Our young guys can get 1 more year under their belt, then we add Leonard. We are going to be unstoppable in 19-2020 if that happens. I don't see LeBron tapering off for at least 2 more seasons. In 2020 it will be our time if we add Leonard. He isn't staying in Toronto, Toronto made a Bad trade getting a 1 year rental (giving up DeRozan) because they aren't winning a Championship so what's the point? - nobody is beating the Warriors. Warriors have 1 more season which is this one coming up where they will win it again, then they will be out of gas IMO. They may even lose Klay after the season.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:21 pm

Toronto couldn't ball one more failure year with DeMar. Just like Cleveland couldn't bring back the same LeBron team that got swept. Like Basher said in Ocean's Thirteen -- "You don't do the same gag, you do the next gag." This is how ultra-competitive the NBA has become since Jordan. Titles and the promise of them make money. Oakland couldn't have asked for more.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:36 pm

Love the Beasley signing. He has grown up and was one of the better, more consistent players for the Knicks last season, with 36 mpg averages of 21.3 ppg and 9.0 rpg, plus he shot about 40% from downtown.

Who wants to fuck with this lineup?

Javale, Beasley, LeBron, Lance, Rondo. Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo ....

As one tweeter put it, LeBron probably told Magic that he needed to do something about taking the attention away from Lavar Ball. Magic: "I got you bru."
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:09 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Love the Beasley signing. He has grown up and was one of the better, more consistent players for the Knicks last season, with 36 mpg averages of 21.3 ppg and 9.0 rpg, plus he shot about 40% from downtown.

Who wants to fuck with this lineup?

Javale, Beasley, LeBron, Lance, Rondo. Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo ....

As one tweeter put it, LeBron probably told Magic that he needed to do something about taking the attention away from Lavar Ball. Magic: "I got you bru."

Great Post Kenny, you are 100% right we have enough Cuckoo's now to offset Lavar :waaaaa:
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:10 am

Barring any trade before training camp, the roster is complete:

pg: Lonzo, Rondo, Caruso (2-way), Bonga
sg: KCP, Lance, Svi
sf: Ingram, Hart, Deng
pf: LeBron, Kuzma, Beasley, Wear (2-way)
c: McGee, Zubac, Wagner

Interesting collection of characters. Lots of versatility. Tons of upside! We finally have a superstar! A nice blend of veterans who are true leaders and youth. Last season our veterans were Brook Lopez, KCP (at 24), Corey Brewer and then Isaiah for a bit. LeBron (I can stop there), Rondo and Lance are a major leadership upgrade, and you can throw in crazies McGee and Beasley who have matured. In fact, they can share going from immature young players to savvy veteran stories.

Thoughts?
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:15 am

It all will depend on Luke and the way the players are utilized. With Magic, LeBron and Rondo playing assistant coach, Luke should be able to get his starters/mid-relief/bench sparks/closers figured out by the first month of real competition (pre-season into the start of the regular season) and we will definitely have an above-.500 team. How far above .500 is the mystery. With all-NBA play from Lonzo, Rondo, Lance and Kuzma, and reasonably focused and productive play from KCP, Ingram, Hart, McGee, Beasley, Zubac and Wagner, we should be able to beat 75% of the NBA on any given night. Winning all the winnables and putting up a great fight against all the playoff/title probables while executing at steadily higher and more efficient levels as the season progresses should put us somewhere around the middle of the pack in playoff seeding . . however if we find our 4th and 5th gears early enough this year, we could realistically be the 3rd seed behind Golden State and Houston. That's my expectation, and I'm sure it's Jeannie, Rob, Magic, Luke and LeBron's as well!
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:18 pm

lakerevolution wrote:It all will depend on Luke and the way the players are utilized. With Magic, LeBron and Rondo playing assistant coach, Luke should be able to get his starters/mid-relief/bench sparks/closers figured out by the first month of real competition (pre-season into the start of the regular season) and we will definitely have an above-.500 team. How far above .500 is the mystery. With all-NBA play from Lonzo, Rondo, Lance and Kuzma, and reasonably focused and productive play from KCP, Ingram, Hart, McGee, Beasley, Zubac and Wagner, we should be able to beat 75% of the NBA on any given night. Winning all the winnables and putting up a great fight against all the playoff/title probables while executing at steadily higher and more efficient levels as the season progresses should put us somewhere around the middle of the pack in playoff seeding . . however if we find our 4th and 5th gears early enough this year, we could realistically be the 3rd seed behind Golden State and Houston. That's my expectation, and I'm sure it's Jeannie, Rob, Magic, Luke and LeBron's as well!

That's reasonable. I think it will take until mid-January or so for Luke to truly figure out the rotations. I'm think 55 wins, a #3 seed and a WCF berth after we knock off Houston in the second round. Watch out for the Utah Jazz though. OKC will be a pain in the ass, too. I'm praying for H-E-A-L-T-H!
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:20 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:It all will depend on Luke and the way the players are utilized. With Magic, LeBron and Rondo playing assistant coach, Luke should be able to get his starters/mid-relief/bench sparks/closers figured out by the first month of real competition (pre-season into the start of the regular season) and we will definitely have an above-.500 team. How far above .500 is the mystery. With all-NBA play from Lonzo, Rondo, Lance and Kuzma, and reasonably focused and productive play from KCP, Ingram, Hart, McGee, Beasley, Zubac and Wagner, we should be able to beat 75% of the NBA on any given night. Winning all the winnables and putting up a great fight against all the playoff/title probables while executing at steadily higher and more efficient levels as the season progresses should put us somewhere around the middle of the pack in playoff seeding . . however if we find our 4th and 5th gears early enough this year, we could realistically be the 3rd seed behind Golden State and Houston. That's my expectation, and I'm sure it's Jeannie, Rob, Magic, Luke and LeBron's as well!

That's reasonable. I think it will take until mid-January or so for Luke to truly figure out the rotations. I'm think 55 wins, a #3 seed and a WCF berth after we knock off Houston in the second round. Watch out for the Utah Jazz though. OKC will be a pain in the ass, too. I'm praying for H-E-A-L-T-H!

"after we knock off Houston in the second round" - I love it Kenny, that is something I would say :roflmao:

-I have us, Utah, and Thunder all at around 52 wins - that is going to be fun to see how it pans out. I am hoping we do get Houston in Round 2 because I like our chances against them alot better than I do the Warriors.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Brook and Randle were big losses and though Bron will offset that... That's pretty much all he will do is offset that production. We will need major help from the kids bc I don't think the 1 year deal guys can be depended upon to make this a team... Except Rondo.
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:19 am

Julius Russell wrote:Brook and Randle were big losses and though Bron will offset that... That's pretty much all he will do is offset that production. We will need major help from the kids bc I don't think the 1 year deal guys can be depended upon to make this a team... Except Rondo.

LeBron's presence and incomparable leadership more than makes up for the production of those two guys. I'm bummed about Randle and frankly don't understand why they didn't ink him to a long term deal, but Magic has a plan and perhaps knows something we don't (KD?). I told you guys before last season that Scott knows someone who is friendly with Luke and that Magic and Rob didn't like Randle for some reason and while one would think that his play last season would change their minds, apparently it didn't enough for them to change direction on their grand plan.

As for the one year guys, I agree with you about Rondo, but Lance, 27, McGee, 30, and Beasley, 29, are all in their primes and, with a lot of cap space out there next summer, will be motivated to play for long term deals, so we'll see. All of them are probably sick of being undervalued journeymen. I can think of no other reason why Javale McGee would not have otherwise re-signed with the Warriors. I think he is flying under the radar a bit here. He has always been gifted with elite talent as a rim protector and finisher, but obviously could not exploit those talents too much with the star studded Warriors and I truly believe he is at his peak right now, having grown past his knuckleheadedness. A big man like him who doesn't have a fuckload of wear and tear on him could be primed for the best season of his career. Also, these guys are on expiring contracts and therefore great trade deadline chips. They are also vocal veterans, something that Brook really wasn't. I didn't understand why they didn't bring Brook back on a 1 year deal though. He's more like Ilgauskas, and LeBron is obviously familiar with him having played in the Eastern Conference all those years.

Also, let’s not forget that Ingram is now a third year player, that Kuzma, Lonzo and Hart all have a season of NBA experience now, and that due to injuries they didn’t play together as much as they would have liked to. HEALTH will be key as always! I think we just need to have faith in Magic Johnson, a true basketball savant and visionary. I think this season is more likely to be fun like 2007-08 when we acquired Pau than the dreadful failed Dwight-Nash gamble season of 2012-13. As Frank would say, stay thirsty my friends!
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:52 pm

Rev kindly reached out to me today to check up on me. All is "well", but life has been very difficult this past several months. Hence, I haven't had time for much, but I am very much looking forward to the exciting season that awaits us and will be a daily participant in our little home here in TrueFanLand. After all our patience and positive attitude that we have had, let's enjoy something great together this season!

I am convinced now more than ever that Jeanie Buss has her father's "magic" touch. Sure, it took her awhile to right the ship, but let us not forget that Dr. Buss died in 2013 and he had a plan and that the family, including Jeanie, honored his plan. As it turned out, blood was a little too thick in Dr. Buss's case, but let there be no doubt about the competence, intellect and vision of Jeanie, Joey and Jesse Buss. There's always a bad apple, but even in Jim's case, there wasn't a whole helluva a lot he could do after the 2011 CBA and CP3 ordeal. Old team, payroll through the roof, no flexibility and the old Kobe factor.

It is clear that Jeanie Buss knew what she was doing by bringing in the greatest on court visionary in NBA history to run the team and Kobe's savvy agent to quickly turn things around. Magic Johnson sees what is going on on the court, knows what burns inside a player (hence the Meme Team) and understands the mix of players that will bring us back to the Promised Land. His vision extends to the basketball chemistry lab and how it will translate on the court and has a plan to crack the Warriors code, as Rajon Rondo so eloquently put it. For all intents and purposes, he has told us that his plan will be complete next summer. I am convinced that LeBron James was without question his target this summer and, whoever the Lakers sign next summer .. and they WILL sign a max player .. Magic already has his sights set on that player, whoever it is. Training camp is just around the corner, fellers, so let's get OUR TrueFan game back on! I can't wait!!
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:03 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:Rev kindly reached out to me today to check up on me. All is "well", but life has been very difficult this past several months. Hence, I haven't had time for much, but I am very much looking forward to the exciting season that awaits us and will be a daily participant in our little home here in TrueFanLand. After all our patience and positive attitude that we have had, let's enjoy something great together this season!

I am convinced now more than ever that Jeanie Buss has her father's "magic" touch. Sure, it took her awhile to right the ship, but let us not forget that Dr. Buss died in 2013 and he had a plan and that the family, including Jeanie, honored his plan. As it turned out, blood was a little too thick in Dr. Buss's case, but let there be no doubt about the competence, intellect and vision of Jeanie, Joey and Jesse Buss. There's always a bad apple, but even in Jim's case, there wasn't a whole helluva a lot he could do after the 2011 CBA and CP3 ordeal. Old team, payroll through the roof, no flexibility and the old Kobe factor.

It is clear that Jeanie Buss knew what she was doing by bringing in the greatest on court visionary in NBA history to run the team and Kobe's savvy agent to quickly turn things around. Magic Johnson sees what is going on on the court, knows what burns inside a player (hence the Meme Team) and understands the mix of players that will bring us back to the Promised Land. His vision extends to the basketball chemistry lab and how it will translate on the court and has a plan to crack the Warriors code, as Rajon Rondo so eloquently put it. For all intents and purposes, he has told us that his plan will be complete next summer. I am convinced that LeBron James was without question his target this summer and, whoever the Lakers sign next summer .. and they WILL sign a max player .. Magic already has his sights set on that player, whoever it is. Training camp is just around the corner, fellers, so let's get OUR TrueFan game back on! I can't wait!!

Yeah I had asked about you, I wasn't real worried about you but had been wondering if you were all right. Glad to hear from you. I, like you, can't wait for the season either. It will be fun once again to watch a Good product out on the floor. We haven't really had that since the 2013 Season. This is just the beginning which makes it even better. I think LeBron has at least 2 or 3 more seasons of dominance and our other main core guys are all young like Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma. I think we have a 50 win team coming this season and will at least win 1 Playoff series if we stay relatively healthy all season.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:38 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Yeah I had asked about you, I wasn't real worried about you but had been wondering if you were all right. Glad to hear from you. I, like you, can't wait for the season either. It will be fun once again to watch a Good product out on the floor. We haven't really had that since the 2013 Season. This is just the beginning which makes it even better. I think LeBron has at least 2 or 3 more seasons of dominance and our other main core guys are all young like Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma. I think we have a 50 win team coming this season and will at least win 1 Playoff series if we stay relatively healthy all season.

In the words of the immortal TrueFan: HEALTH!

Speaking of which, any thoughts on this news?

KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:03 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Yeah I had asked about you, I wasn't real worried about you but had been wondering if you were all right. Glad to hear from you. I, like you, can't wait for the season either. It will be fun once again to watch a Good product out on the floor. We haven't really had that since the 2013 Season. This is just the beginning which makes it even better. I think LeBron has at least 2 or 3 more seasons of dominance and our other main core guys are all young like Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma. I think we have a 50 win team coming this season and will at least win 1 Playoff series if we stay relatively healthy all season.

In the words of the immortal TrueFan: HEALTH!

Speaking of which, any thoughts on this news?

He looks like he's in Great shape! I had to do a double look because I thought it was Chris Bosh when I seen your clip without playing it.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:51 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:He looks like he's in Great shape! I had to do a double look because I thought it was Chris Bosh when I seen your clip without playing it.

I am going to guess that the Lakers will politely pass, but IF they at least grant him a workout, I think they should have Bynum and Zubac go at each other one on one in a game up to 50 to test both of their strength and stamina. I'm kidding, but I would love to find out what Luke has said to Magic and Rob about taking a look at his old teammate. He's does look like he's in shape though, although being away from the game for as long as he has been away from it, you can't tell a book by its cover.

I will say this about Andrew Bynum. When most Lakers fans dwelled on bashing him for waiting so long after the 2010 NBA Finals to get his knee surgery, the fact that he played through the same torn meniscus that sidelined Tim Duncan for the 2000 playoffs and literally sacrificed his career in the process is one of the most overlooked things about his toughness, mettle and what kind of a teammate he could be. Now that he is all growed up, let's see if someone takes a chance on him. Prediction: he will sign with the Memphis Grizzlies and back up Marc Gasol.
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk