The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:22 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Very interesting!

Our young guys are growing up, LeBron has to be pleased. Kuzma is just simply Good, I would say Very Good actually.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:16 am

Following up on my game-day post vs. the Jazz (1/11), Scottie Pippen said boldly on ESPN this morning that he expects the major move in the NBA to be Anthony "Unibrow" Davis joining the Lakers.

Nothing's real until it is (though I doubted for months the rumors that Magic would actually bring in LeBron), but as the winter winds blow and it's clear that LeBron is at a point where Kobe was from 2008 to 2010 - needing definitive all-star help to achieve his greatest potential - we should all hope that our front office stays aggressive, even if we lose another Randle.

Yeah, I know we're not trading Lonzo :fanshithit: :stopfire:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:30 am

"With LeBron James held out for at least another week or so, the Lakers are going to need all the efficient scoring they can come by. It’d be one thing if there was another veteran scorer they could consistently rely on, but as that person has so far been Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, they’ll need more.

This isn’t just about Beasley’s scoring, either. He operates in a way that the Lakers will need their non-LeBron role players to. He typically uses only a couple dribbles and makes decisions quickly enough to force the opposing defenses into even more awkward situations than the Lakers’ primary creators. Given how long the Lakers have taken this season to get into their sets, this is an invaluable ability."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 6582500701
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:59 am

"First, it’s hard not to notice the absolute brick Lonzo Ball throws up right at the beginning of the video and the lack of coaching that follows it. It just kind of... happens. And then they move on."

For something that's called "free", they sure have been costing us a lot.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/201 ... ton-habits
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Gird your loins, brace yourselves, bar all the doors and windows -- it's about to get ugly. We have the SECOND TOUGHEST SCHEDULE in the NBA from here on out, and this is basically last year's team without Brook Lopez and Julius Randle. With 100% health after LeBron and Rondo's return, we will be lucky to grab a 7th or 8th seed and we'll get eliminated in the first round. The Warriors are getting a healthy Boogie back soon and Houston has to deal with the loss of Capela for over a month, so in all likelihood we'll see a threepeat by Golden State.

Any trade deadline thoughts? Or do we ride out this already disappointing season and make the big moves in the summer?
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:43 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Gird your loins, brace yourselves, bar all the doors and windows -- it's about to get ugly. We have the SECOND TOUGHEST SCHEDULE in the NBA from here on out, and this is basically last year's team without Brook Lopez and Julius Randle. With 100% health after LeBron and Rondo's return, we will be lucky to grab a 7th or 8th seed and we'll get eliminated in the first round. The Warriors are getting a healthy Boogie back soon and Houston has to deal with the loss of Capela for over a month, so in all likelihood we'll see a threepeat by Golden State.

Any trade deadline thoughts? Or do we ride out this already disappointing season and make the big moves in the summer?

I heard on the radio on my way into work earlier that LeBron will miss at least 2 more games. With the Jazz coming to life now I am having a bad feeling about this team getting into the dance, meaning making the Playoffs.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:37 pm

Looking more and more like we got lucky with Jerry and Magic.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 4461931237
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:40 pm

AND??
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:47 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

AND??

Can we afford to lose Kuzma? He's our Klay. Or, put another way, will we have to bolster in the off-season if we do deal him and Ingram? I'm all for getting (and KEEPING) Davis and building around him (Rondo would likely stay, of course) but I would like to keep Kuz. His off nights are fewer and more far between than the other two. Decisions must be made quickly with a less-than-100% LeBron.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:12 pm

RUMORS.

LeBron wants Luke gone.

Anthony Davis is not open for a trade at the deadline per the Pelicans. Or is he? Boston keeps popping up as a possible destination.

The Lakers are open to dealing Ingram, Kuzma and Ball for a superstar.

The Lakers are pursuing shooters like Wayne Ellington.

The Lakers are once again pursuing Trevor Ariza.
_________

Pt. 2

How do we grade the drafting of Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Zubac, Hart and Svi? Average to good at best? Which three would you keep if you had to lose the rest in a trade deal?

It's clear that LeBron's groin strain exposed the limits of the remaining squad, and maybe that was a blessing in disguise. What happens from here on will pave the way for what happens next year. We've been patient too long . . it's time to bring the real magic back to the Purple and Gold. Yes, the Warriors will be an elite team for another 2-3 years, but if the Rockets wise up and get a superstar big to match Harden's unbelievable output, they're right there too. Another interesting summer.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:32 am

lakerevolution wrote:RUMORS.

LeBron wants Luke gone.

Anthony Davis is not open for a trade at the deadline per the Pelicans. Or is he? Boston keeps popping up as a possible destination.

The Lakers are open to dealing Ingram, Kuzma and Ball for a superstar.

The Lakers are pursuing shooters like Wayne Ellington.

The Lakers are once again pursuing Trevor Ariza.
_________

Pt. 2

How do we grade the drafting of Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Zubac, Hart and Svi? Average to good at best? Which three would you keep if you had to lose the rest in a trade deal?

It's clear that LeBron's groin strain exposed the limits of the remaining squad, and maybe that was a blessing in disguise. What happens from here on will pave the way for what happens next year. We've been patient too long . . it's time to bring the real magic back to the Purple and Gold. Yes, the Warriors will be an elite team for another 2-3 years, but if the Rockets wise up and get a superstar big to match Harden's unbelievable output, they're right there too. Another interesting summer.

I would without a doubt keep Kuzma and lean toward keeping Ball only because Ball may have huge upside. Ball being injury prone is getting a bit old though. When you are 21 years old you should seldom be injured. The others would definitely be all tradable. We may be able to get another Superstar if we package Ingram in with Hart and some Draft picks. Ingram is a good player and a lot of other teams seem to love him. Coaches like Nate McMillan and Gregg Popovich speak highly of Ingram. I would definitely try and sign Klay Thompson this summer. I would offer him a boat load of money.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:47 am

Hart is a keeper, but also attractive in a deal. Wish I could have a Q & A session with our FO.
lakerevolution

Postby Julius Russell » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:43 pm

As far as Ball being injury prone that’s a little much.

Steph seemed injury prone at one point but....

As far as kids to give up on.... it feels like 75% of the fan base doesn’t appreciate Ingram.

He’s already a good defensive player.

He is average 16 and some goodies shooting better than Kobe did.

He isn’t KD. But we have Bron so we don’t need him to be.

View him as Iggy and you won’t be disappointed. Dlo already proving haters wrong and he is just 23. Lol. Fans gotta relax
Julius Russell

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:47 pm

Julius Russell wrote:As far as Ball being injury prone that’s a little much.

Steph seemed injury prone at one point but....

As far as kids to give up on.... it feels like 75% of the fan base doesn’t appreciate Ingram.

He’s already a good defensive player.

He is average 16 and some goodies shooting better than Kobe did.

He isn’t KD. But we have Bron so we don’t need him to be.

View him as Iggy and you won’t be disappointed. Dlo already proving haters wrong and he is just 23. Lol. Fans gotta relax

Ingram's attitude and heart is enough to cover his lanky, still-developing frame. He'll have his game-winning moments on offense and defense and contribute in all facets. Lonzo was just catching up to his hype a little (minus the FTs) when he went down, and yeah maybe you can compare him to Steph's first couple years but that's a longshot. We all hoped that with all these draft picks, we'd luck up on the next Magic or Kobe (or at least the next Steph, Harden or Irving), but seeing the other early first-rounders become superstars on their teams while ours are not exactly shocking the league (except maybe Kuzma) is frustrating. We didn't want to have to need LeBron, either, but he wanted to come and now he's here proving how valuable he is by missing a whole month.
lakerevolution

Postby Julius Russell » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:56 pm

Donovan Mitchell was playing pretty bad up until a month ago.
Tatum has been up and down let alone Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier.

Simmons and Embiid are stars. Wiggins is up and down. Towns is imperfect mainly due to motor.

Ingram can literally do everything on the court from scoring to creating to defense.

If he gets incrementally better as time progresses. He’ll be great. If only some of his game improves he willl be very good
Julius Russell

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk