The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:39 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 am

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:43 am

What would guys be happiest with:
A. Re-sign Randle, sign Paul George to go with Lonzo, Ingram, and Kuzma
B. Re-sign Randle, sign Marcus Smart to go with Lonzo, Ingram, and Kuzma
C. Re-sign Randle, sign Capela to go with Lonzo, Ingram, and Kuzma
D. Re-sign Randle, sign JJ Redick to go with Lonzo, Ingram, and Kuzma
E. Let Randle go, sign LeBron and Paul George to go with Lonzo, Ingram. and Kuzma
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:52 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:What would guys be happiest with:
E. Let Randle go, sign LeBron and Paul George to go with Lonzo, Ingram. and Kuzma

There's a common theme here. Make re-signing Randle the off season priority regardless of the cost. I agree. I also agree with the order of your top three. It's interesting that Boogie isn't in there, but he's already verbalized that he wants to play for a contender. So has Randle. So do ALL of them! The interesting part about that is that perhaps Julius has no interest in playing for the Mavs and wouldn't consider the Hawks or Bulls either. Are the 76ers the team who will sign him to an offer sheet? I think he'll return.

On a personal note, I apologize for not posting recently. My wife had a complication with the VP shunt she had implanted in her head at the end of January. She underwent emergency brain surgery on Wednesday morning for bilateral subdural hematomas and did well following the surgery, although yesterday was a bit rougher and I have this knot in my stomach about today. She was in an extremely weakened condition going into the surgery and has dementia. I am very emotional right now, but need to stay strong. I'll keep you guys posted.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:47 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

There's a common theme here. Make re-signing Randle the off season priority regardless of the cost. I agree. I also agree with the order of your top three. It's interesting that Boogie isn't in there, but he's already verbalized that he wants to play for a contender. So has Randle. So do ALL of them! The interesting part about that is that perhaps Julius has no interest in playing for the Mavs and wouldn't consider the Hawks or Bulls either. Are the 76ers the team who will sign him to an offer sheet? I think he'll return.

On a personal note, I apologize for not posting recently. My wife had a complication with the VP shunt she had implanted in her head at the end of January. She underwent emergency brain surgery on Wednesday morning for bilateral subdural hematomas and did well following the surgery, although yesterday was a bit rougher and I have this knot in my stomach about today. She was in an extremely weakened condition going into the surgery and has dementia. I am very emotional right now, but need to stay strong. I'll keep you guys posted.

-Yeah one of my options I should've added was Re-Sign Randle and Sign Boogie. I don't like Boogie's injury though, an Achilles tear especially for Big's are tough to recover from fully.

-Sorry about your wife Kenny, my prayers are with you. Just keep us Posted Brethren.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun May 20, 2018 7:28 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

-Yeah one of my options I should've added was Re-Sign Randle and Sign Boogie. I don't like Boogie's injury though, an Achilles tear especially for Big's are tough to recover from fully.

-Sorry about your wife Kenny, my prayers are with you. Just keep us Posted Brethren.

I have to apologize as well, just been busy with random stuff. Kenny I have had the pleasure of meeting your wife and I know she is so blessed to have you there. Best wishes for her health and for yours as well - try not to let stress get the best of you. Would be nice if we had some good Laker news but we're in limbo right now, waiting on whatever decisions are going to be made in regards to the team. I've been watching ESPN and several analysts think Boogie might be headed to LA. The addition of him and George would make us instant playoff contenders and keep us young. Boogie doesn't have to be a beast, he just needs to patrol the paint and maybe become a better passer. His growth, maturity and humility should make him a great team guy at this point, and with the squad we have now I think his presence would be near-perfect.

Marcus Smart isn't leaving the Celtics. Clint Capela isn't leaving the Rockets. J.J. Redick isn't joining this Lakers squad at this point in his career. And again, I don't see LeBron leaving Cleveland. If he does, it'll be to another Eastern team. Of course I could be wrong about all this!
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Tue May 22, 2018 3:43 pm

"Kuzma averaged 16.1 points and 6.3 rebounds a game while shooting 45% from the field and 36.6% from three-point range. Ball, who averaged 10.2 points, 7.2 assists and 6.9 rebounds a game, led all rookies by averaging 34.2 minutes of playing time."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp ... story.html
lakerevolution

Postby Moos » Tue May 22, 2018 9:05 pm

-----------------------------
Stay strong and up, my man. God bless!!!
Moos

Postby NuggetsCountry » Wed May 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Moos wrote:On a personal note, I apologize for not posting recently. My wife had a complication with the VP shunt she had implanted in her head at the end of January. She underwent emergency brain surgery on Wednesday morning for bilateral subdural hematomas and did well following the surgery, although yesterday was a bit rougher and I have this knot in my stomach about today. She was in an extremely weakened condition going into the surgery and has dementia. I am very emotional right now, but need to stay strong. I'll keep you guys posted.

Moos - I just had this same subdural hematoma surgery in April and am doing fine. She will be fine. The first 4 weeks are hard though............. Weak yes - the seizure meds wipe you out.
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:31 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:
Moos wrote:On a personal note, I apologize for not posting recently. My wife had a complication with the VP shunt she had implanted in her head at the end of January. She underwent emergency brain surgery on Wednesday morning for bilateral subdural hematomas and did well following the surgery, although yesterday was a bit rougher and I have this knot in my stomach about today. She was in an extremely weakened condition going into the surgery and has dementia. I am very emotional right now, but need to stay strong. I'll keep you guys posted.

Moos - I just had this same subdural hematoma surgery in April and am doing fine. She will be fine. The first 4 weeks are hard though............. Weak yes - the seizure meds wipe you out.

Thanks for the encouragement, Nuggz. Glad you're doing well!!!
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:32 am

Thank you, Moos!
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:48 am

How sweet it was!
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sat May 26, 2018 2:10 pm

So unexpected . . and so appropriate that both Kobe and Shaq missed signature shots before the ball was tapped out by Vlade :roflmao: to a ready Big Shot Rob.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:46 pm

Lets see how close I come but here's my projection of what the 2019 Lakers will look like:
PG Lonzo Ball
SG Brandon Ingram
SF Paul George
PF Julius Randle
C Brook Lopez
6th Man - Kyle Kuzma
7th Man - Josh Hart
8-12 is impossible to project as it could be a number of guys. The only way we can bring back IT or KCP is if we let Lopez go because of the Salary Cap. I would rather bring back Lopez because of our Center situation. IT will be 30 in February and injury prone as well and a huge Defensive liability. Hart is on a cheap contract which is great. KCP would want a huge contract.

-I think we re-sign Randle and bring back Lopez. We don't have a trueCenter that is any good without Lopez. Randle can play Center and probably will play a little Center when Lopez isn't on the court but he is a natural PF. Lopez is a Good scorer and can stretch the floor, I bet we re-sign him. Our only big Free Agent signing will be Paul George but it's a big one. Ingram will play the 2, George the 3.

-I could very well be wrong about Lopez and the Lakers FO may want to re-sign IT or KCP instead but that leaves our Center position very thin. When it comes to Bryant we have no idea what kind of player he will be? Zubac has a long way to go before he can get Good and he may not ever pan out?
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:52 pm

When we Sign LeBron, what do you guys think about Nuggs changing the background to Kobe, Magic, Kareem, and LeBron? If he does that, he will never have to change the background again until LeBron retires. So that may be 3 or 4 years away.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk