The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:52 am

Names from Free Agency that would fit perfectly around LeBron and AD as fillers are:
Danny Green
Cory Joseph
Brook Lopez
Kyle Korver

Joseph is a decent PG that doesn't need a lot of shots and plays great defense, the other 3 are good to great 3 point shooters. I would also bring back McGee. We can play AD at the 4, LeBron at the 3, and bring Kuzma off the bench.

A starting lineup like this looks solid and should have good chemistry:
Joseph
Green
LeBron
AD
Lopez

-If we can bring in guys off the bench like Kuzma, Korver, and McGee that is solid as well.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:39 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Names from Free Agency that would fit perfectly around LeBron and AD as fillers are:
Danny Green
Cory Joseph
Brook Lopez
Kyle Korver

Joseph is a decent PG that doesn't need a lot of shots and plays great defense, the other 3 are good to great 3 point shooters. I would also bring back McGee. We can play AD at the 4, LeBron at the 3, and bring Kuzma off the bench.

Joseph
Green
LeBron
AD
Lopez

-If we can bring in guys off the bench like Kuzma, Korver, and McGee that is solid as well.

Cory Joseph and the Morris brothers are all clients of Klutch Sports. Bobby Marks has said that if the Lakers don't waive Reggie Bullock and his cap hold stays ($4.75M), they own his early Bird rights and can sign him for whatever they want after they pay out the remaining $20M or so. That would be a smart move. I like the idea of signing Patrick Beverley (app. 10 mil), and Terrence Ross (app. 10 mil) ... both on long terms deals, and signing Bullock on along term deal (probably about 8 mil per). Then sign KCP for the Room Exception after all the Lakers have done to line his pockets. Also, sign Trevor Ariza, Caruso, Rondo, Johnathan Williams, Jemerrio Jones, Muscala and JaVale McGee for the minimum.

c- McGee, Muscala, Wagner, Williams
pf- AD, Kuz
sf- LeBron, Ariza, Bonga
pg- Beverley, Rondo, Caruso
sg- KCP, T Ross, Bullock

That is a solid roster with plenty of guys to defend and spread the floor that is reasonable and probably affordable, unless I am missing something (like undervaluing players). Beverley is a tough nosed perimeter defender who has dramatically improved his three point shooting. KCP would thrive again in a starting role as a role playing D/3 shooting guard, which is what he does best. He can expend his energy at the defensive end this way and also provide spacing. Luke fucked him up last season by playing him in no man's land in that stupid 4 guard second unit where he got stuck playing with Lance, Hart and Rondo. Rondo, Bullock, Ross, Ariza and Kuz would be a solid second unit. Kuz could be the first guy off the bench to spell McGee, AD would slide over to the 5 and then a few minutes later, the other guys could rotate in. I should be the GM and get this done!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:36 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Names from Free Agency that would fit perfectly around LeBron and AD as fillers are:
Danny Green
Cory Joseph
Brook Lopez
Kyle Korver

Joseph
Green
LeBron
AD
Lopez

Cory Joseph and the Morris brothers are all clients of Klutch Sports. Bobby Marks has said that if the Lakers don't waive Reggie Bullock and his cap hold stays ($4.75M), they own his early Bird rights and can sign him for whatever they want after they pay out the remaining $20M or so. That would be a smart move. I like the idea of signing Patrick Beverley (app. 10 mil), and Terrence Ross (app. 10 mil) ... both on long terms deals, and signing Bullock on along term deal (probably about 8 mil per). Then sign KCP for the Room Exception after all the Lakers have done to line his pockets. Also, sign Trevor Ariza, Caruso, Rondo, Johnathan Williams, Jemerrio Jones, Muscala and JaVale McGee for the minimum.

c- McGee, Muscala, Wagner, Williams
pf- AD, Kuz
sf- LeBron, Ariza, Bonga
pg- Beverley, Rondo, Caruso
sg- KCP, T Ross, Bullock

That is a solid roster with plenty of guys to defend and spread the floor that is reasonable and probably affordable, unless I am missing something (like undervaluing players). Beverley is a tough nosed perimeter defender who has dramatically improved his three point shooting. KCP would thrive again in a starting role as a role playing D/3 shooting guard, which is what he does best. He can expend his energy at the defensive end this way and also provide spacing. Luke fucked him up last season by playing him in no man's land in that stupid 4 guard second unit where he got stuck playing with Lance, Hart and Rondo. Rondo, Bullock, Ross, Ariza and Kuz would be a solid second unit. Kuz could be the first guy off the bench to spell McGee, AD would slide over to the 5 and then a few minutes later, the other guys could rotate in. I should be the GM and get this done!

I almost mentioned Pat Beverley as well. He is a lot like Joseph. I like his toughness. How about JJ Redick?
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:07 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I almost mentioned Pat Beverley as well. He is a lot like Joseph. I like his toughness. How about JJ Redick?

Yeah, and being as though Joseph is a Klutch client, he would come for less (plus he's not quite as good as Beverley, but not that much different -- could be good value and has played in two solid systems). As for JJ Redick, the only reason I'm hesitant is because he is 35 and Terrence Ross is a player who just entered his prime and someone we could ink long term.

Never mind all that, here's some TRUE FAN Lakers discussion shit!

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:04 pm

IMO Redick can play until he is 37 or 38 because he is strictly a shooter. He was awesome last year and has been for years. Normally I am for 25-29 year old's but shooters are different.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:43 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:IMO Redick can play until he is 37 or 38 because he is strictly a shooter. He was awesome last year and has been for years. Normally I am for 25-29 year old's but shooters are different.

But Korver has slowed down too much, so no on him. Redick is a hard nosed player, so who knows when he's going to hit the wall. I won't be sad if he's a Laker.
KobeMVP888

Postby kjkirby » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:35 pm

No reddick or Korver. It's the western conference guys. Guards get eaten for breakfast all day long. 3 and D guys should be the only option. Reddick and Korver struggle in the playoffs getting their shots off when the defense intensifies and can't guard anyone. Reddick has struggled the last two playoffs.
kjkirby

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 pm

kjkirby wrote:No reddick or Korver. It's the western conference guys. Guards get eaten for breakfast all day long. 3 and D guys should be the only option. Reddick and Korver struggle in the playoffs getting their shots off when the defense intensifies and can't guard anyone. Reddick has struggled the last two playoffs.

You may be right but Redick has never played with a player like LeBron. That dude would have a field day playing with LeBron and so would Korver again. We need shooters. Age really isn't a big deal right now because I am looking at just next year. So should the Lakers since LeBron will be 35 and the Warriors will be a non-factor.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:03 am

kjkirby wrote:No reddick or Korver. It's the western conference guys. Guards get eaten for breakfast all day long. 3 and D guys should be the only option. Reddick and Korver struggle in the playoffs getting their shots off when the defense intensifies and can't guard anyone. Reddick has struggled the last two playoffs.

Yeah I'd take Reddick over Korver, he's spent. Neither one will be much of a factor unless our new coach knows how to utilize them. Youth movement, we're trying to win multiple titles, not one. Now that Magic is gone I sincerely hope our FO is gearing up for younger hungry ballers who are ready to *dare I say it* become the new Warriors. We've taken our licks and the PaperClips and Celtics have tried and failed. It's Laker time now.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:36 am

lakerevolution wrote:

Yeah I'd take Reddick over Korver, he's spent. Neither one will be much of a factor unless our new coach knows how to utilize them. Youth movement, we're trying to win multiple titles, not one. Now that Magic is gone I sincerely hope our FO is gearing up for younger hungry ballers who are ready to *dare I say it* become the new Warriors. We've taken our licks and the PaperClips and Celtics have tried and failed. It's Laker time now.

That's why Terrence Ross would be a target for me if I was GM, assuming this rumor about them still targeting a max guy by somehow expanding the AD trade to include Bonga, Wagner and J Jones by adding a third and maybe fourth team doesn't pan out. If the Lakers could sign Ross and Beverley, I would be thrilled!

BTW, this rebuild strategy from the top down reminds me of a cross between the 2007-08 Celtics and the 2010-11 Heat. Both strategies went against the grain and both reaped immediate dividends.
KobeMVP888

Postby NuggetsCountry » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:05 pm

I have been gone for a while. Do we have anybody left!? Are AD and LB going to play 2 on 5?!? WTF! :pissedkobe:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:36 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:I have been gone for a while. Do we have anybody left!? Are AD and LB going to play 2 on 5?!? WTF! :pissedkobe:

Just AD, LeBron and Kuz and some useless prospects. We have plenty of money to put a veteran team on the floor that could chase a championship if the right ring chasers come and they use the remaining cap space wisely. I wish Kobe had a megastar like Anthony Davos to play with in his waning days. This is very exciting, Nuggz. Think of it this way. If Shaq didn't leave and the Lakers stripped their roster and surrounded Kobe and Shaq with other veteran role players, don't you think they could have cashed in on another chip or 2? The problem is that it is like the boy who cried wolf. After last summer, we ASSUMED we'd be back in the playoffs, but no. So I am a bit guarded, but probably should be more excited. So now we are Ring Chasers 'R Us.

Please tell us about your journey!
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:47 pm

D'Angelo Russell may want to return to Los Angeles.

"As D'Angelo Russell is up for a restricted free agency this offseason, there's been mounting speculation on the potential to walk away from the Brooklyn Nets pending Kyrie Irving's arrival on the squad. 

If Irving does join the Nets, the organization would waive Russell's right and allow him the chance to join another franchise and according to sources close to the 23-year-old guard could be considering a return to the Los Angeles Lakers."

We may have derided DLo in his brief time here, and his "snitching" incident didn't endear him to most fans, but if Kyrie wants to be a Net then Russell can bounce his new-and-improved ball back to Staples. He wants to come back now that Magic is gone :waaaaa:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:47 am

lakerevolution wrote:D'Angelo Russell may want to return to Los Angeles.

"As D'Angelo Russell is up for a restricted free agency this offseason, there's been mounting speculation on the potential to walk away from the Brooklyn Nets pending Kyrie Irving's arrival on the squad. 

If Irving does join the Nets, the organization would waive Russell's right and allow him the chance to join another franchise and according to sources close to the 23-year-old guard could be considering a return to the Los Angeles Lakers."

We may have derided DLo in his brief time here, and his "snitching" incident didn't endear him to most fans, but if Kyrie wants to be a Net then Russell can bounce his new-and-improved ball back to Staples. He wants to come back now that Magic is gone :waaaaa:

Next Sunday can't come soon enough. Hopefully, Pelinka can trade the remaining three yutes and open up that max slot. Even if we don't get Kawhi or one of the other max dudes, we'll be in great shape!
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:47 am

At this point I am for putting great shooters around Bron, AD, and Kuz unless somehow miraculously we can get Leonard. A no to Kyrie and Russell, JMO. I am 50/50 on Jimmy Butler. One day I like him, the next I think something doesn't jive with him chemistry wise. I like Kemba better than Kyrie if I had to choose between those 2. Kyrie is also an iffy chemistry guy. I like players like Redick, Korver, Green, B.Lopez, etc.. All great 3 point shooters. You leave any of them open and it's in from 3. I also like Joseph at the point - he plays great D and rarely turns it over, just some names that are good role players.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk