The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:34 am

“I was a little surprised (they didn’t come after me harder). It just didn’t end up working out. It kind of went in one direction pretty quickly. From that point, I was looking at other options.”

This season, Lopez is averaging 11.9 points per game while shooting a career-high 36.7 percent from behind the arc, on 6.9 attempts per game. He’s also swatting 1.9 shots per game, which is just a fraction short of his career-high (2.1), all while posting the highest box plus-minus of his career.

BUT . . .

The only other player over 7-feet tall averaging at least 10 points while shooting above 35 percent from behind the 3-point line and blocking at least 1.5 shots per game is Karl-Anthony Towns. So it’s safe to say things worked out for Lopez, as they did for the Lakers.

JaVale McGee might not be the floor-spacer Lopez was — or should I say, he’s not allowed to be — but he’s been one of the Lakers’ most valuable players this season.

McGee has missed just two games this season with flu-like symptoms. The Lakers lost both of those games, and they were against teams that are below .500 on the season.

McGee is also having a career year himself. Through 29 games with the Lakers, McGee is averaging 11.8 points while shooting 62.6 percent from the field and blocking 2.6 shots per game, the fourth-most blocks per game in the league.

Here is the list of players averaging at least 10 points while shooting at least 60 percent from the field and blocking at least 2.5 shots per game.

JaVale McGee

That’s it. That’s the list.

Would it have been nice to see Brook Lopez back in the purple and gold? Sure, but it’s hard to argue that both players aren’t exactly where they’re supposed to be.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 3437555706
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:24 am

JaVale McGee has proven to be just what the doctor ordered and the last two games have been proof of that. I mean seriously, who ever thought we'd be singing his praises? Tyson Chandler has been outstanding in the back up role and when we're 100% again, the team will click on all cylinders. The absence of JaVale McGee in the paint at both ends of the floor was very noticeable. The only regret I have as a fan is letting Randle go. That will always stick in my craw.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:17 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:JaVale McGee has proven to be just what the doctor ordered and the last two games have been proof of that. I mean seriously, who ever thought we'd be singing his praises? Tyson Chandler has been outstanding in the back up role and when we're 100% again, the team will click on all cylinders. The absence of JaVale McGee in the paint at both ends of the floor was very noticeable. The only regret I have as a fan is letting Randle go. That will always stick in my craw.

Ever since JaVale (and Mike Brown) came to my son's school to read books a couple years ago, he's been on fire. So I'll take credit. I run into B. Shaw once or twice a year in Tha Town too, so it's nice to feel that California Love coming through. That gut feeling that he and a few others will get moved for a superstar has me at 6's and 7's, but for now it's all about the front of the jersey. Hell, a utility guy like JaVale could give a 1980s Kareem some funk. That's how far this game has progressed.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:28 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:04 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

LaVar Ball emerges to try to kill Lakers’ Anthony Davis pursuit

By Jake Nisse

December 24, 2018 | 1:26pm

The Lakers are 2-4 in their past six games, 17th in offensive rating, and now just 1.5 games ahead of the 10th-seeded Grizzlies after their 107-99 home loss to Memphis on Sunday night.

But according to LaVar Ball, they couldn’t use rumored trade target Anthony Davis.

“They got enough,” Ball told TMZ Sportswhile next to sons LaMelo and LiAngelo at the airport early Monday.

Davis, who is averaging 28.0 points and a career-high 12.7 rebounds, has the ability to opt out of his contract after the 2019-20 season. And unless the Pelicans can convince him to sign a projected $239.5 million “supermax” extension this July, they could lose their star big man for nothing.

LeBron James seems to disagree with the patriarch of the Ball family. The first-year Laker publicly fawned over Davis ahead of the Pelicans’ visit to the Staples Center on Friday, telling ESPN it would be “amazing” to play with the five-time All-Star.

James and Davis also dined together after the Lakers’ 112-104 victory, and the two share the same agent, Rich Paul of Klutch Sports.

What may be more than coincidental of Ball’s condemnation of a Davis trade is that it may take his son, Lonzo, to move the needle in a potential deal.

The second-year guard has seen a slight dip in minutes with the arrival of James and other veterans, but still has averages of 9.0 points, 4.8 assists and 5.2 rebounds per game. Ball also has improved his two-point field goal percentage, rising to 48.6 percent from 42.0 percent last season.

According to ESPN’s trade machine, a deal consisting of Ball, Brandon Ingram and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (plus draft picks, presumably) for Anthony Davis would work in accordance with the league’s salary cap rules.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:54 am

GREAT NEWS!
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:47 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:23 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Rest him a week or two. Let us see how good we really are.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:53 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Rest him a week or two. Let us see how good we really are.

I would be interested to see how good we would play without LeBron for 2 weeks. That would tell us alot about how far the young players have come along like Ball, Kuzma, and Ingram. LeBron is basically like Peyton Manning, any team Peyton was on, when he didn't play they stunk like in 2011 with Indy and Denver hasn't made the Playoffs since he retired after winning the SB :waaaaa:. When LeBron left the Cavs both times, they became trash.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:29 pm

Over his last three games, the 21-year-old is averaging 17.7 points per game on a blistering hot 78.1 percent shooting from the field to go along with an impressive 8.7 rebounds and 2.7 blocks per game. One-way tickets to Zu Island are getting harder and harder to come by with each game.

If Zubac continues to trend upward as the season progresses, he could re-enter the conversation as being one of the key pieces of the Lakers’ young core. It’s easy to forget that Zubac is as old as Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Moe Wagner and Svi Mykhailiuk because he was drafted in 2016.

The Lakers can extend the $1.9 million qualifying offer to Zubac next summer and make him a restricted free agent. If they want to keep him around beyond this season, they can.
Last edited by lakerevolution on Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:01 pm

WTF?
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:36 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

WTF?

Don't worry -- we have Lonzo. :boozbuds:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:03 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

WTF?

Don't worry -- we have Lonzo. :boozbuds:

Great opportunity for him to lead.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:35 pm

He chose us over Golden State.

“Of course I could’ve been a help there; I feel like I could be a help anywhere I go,” Chandler said. “But for me, this was the bigger obstacle, and to me it would mean more to win here. This is where I’m from, and then there was watching Magic [Johnson] while I was younger, and then getting the chance to compete with LeBron [James] and appreciating everything he stands for on and off the court.”

It’s safe to say the Lakers are glad he chose them.

Since Chandler joined the Lakers in November, they have the fourth-ranked defense in the NBA. Prior to Chandler signing on, they were ranked 24th in the league in defensive rating."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 1411053525
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:06 am

lakerevolution wrote:He chose us over Golden State.

“Of course I could’ve been a help there; I feel like I could be a help anywhere I go,” Chandler said. “But for me, this was the bigger obstacle, and to me it would mean more to win here. This is where I’m from, and then there was watching Magic [Johnson] while I was younger, and then getting the chance to compete with LeBron [James] and appreciating everything he stands for on and off the court.”

It’s safe to say the Lakers are glad he chose them.

Since Chandler joined the Lakers in November, they have the fourth-ranked defense in the NBA. Prior to Chandler signing on, they were ranked 24th in the league in defensive rating."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 1411053525

Luke immediately found the perfect role for him, too. His defense, rebounding and screen setting have been critical to the success of the second unit.
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk