The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Didn't do too much research on the 6-11 kid we snatched from Michigan, but he sounds like a future Dirk, Kristaps or something in that style. Now to focus on RANDLE, GEORGE and . . . that other dude :slamdunk:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Kawhi is laying down an ultimatum? Have Magic and Rob sent smoke signals and what would we have to give up for Kawhi? I'd be willing to trade Zo, Kuzma, Bryant and some picks -- is that enough to get the Spurs ALBATROSS off their necks? Re-sign Randle, bring on Paul George, let Lebron burn out his candle on some East team (the better to keep Boston at bay) and roll with Isaiah at PG, Ingram at SF, Randle at PF, Kawhi and Paul as our scoring/defensive threats, and Brook et al to shore up the paint. Thoughts?
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:35 am

lakerevolution wrote:Kawhi is laying down an ultimatum? Have Magic and Rob sent smoke signals and what would we have to give up for Kawhi? I'd be willing to trade Zo, Kuzma, Bryant and some picks -- is that enough to get the Spurs ALBATROSS off their necks? Re-sign Randle, bring on Paul George, let Lebron burn out his candle on some East team (the better to keep Boston at bay) and roll with Isaiah at PG, Ingram at SF, Randle at PF, Kawhi and Paul as our scoring/defensive threats, and Brook et al to shore up the paint. Thoughts?

I would keep Zo and trade Kuzma and Ingram and some picks for Kawhi. Spurs would probably actually do that too because Kuzma is already Good and Ingram is as well. If we sign Paul George then Ingram becomes expendable. Give it a couple more years but IMO Zo is going to be very Jason Kidd like. The starting lineup would be with Randle re-signed:
PG Lonzo - 20 years old
SG Hart - 23 years old
SF Kawhi - seems like he's older but he will be just 27 when the season starts, in his prime
PF George - he just turned 28 and now in his prime
C Randle - 23 years old
-Our Small Ball death lineup, we would have 2 All-Stars (when healthy Kawhi is a SuperStar) in their prime and 3 babies that are Good players = young team. With health, this is a 50 win team my Brethren. Just have to fill out the bench with 3 quality players or so.

-My thoughts on the Mo Wagner pick = I think it was a solid pick. He played Great during the tournament. He isn't a Stiff.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:16 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Kawhi is laying down an ultimatum? Have Magic and Rob sent smoke signals and what would we have to give up for Kawhi? I'd be willing to trade Zo, Kuzma, Bryant and some picks -- is that enough to get the Spurs ALBATROSS off their necks? Re-sign Randle, bring on Paul George, let Lebron burn out his candle on some East team (the better to keep Boston at bay) and roll with Isaiah at PG, Ingram at SF, Randle at PF, Kawhi and Paul as our scoring/defensive threats, and Brook et al to shore up the paint. Thoughts?

I would keep Zo and trade Kuzma and Ingram and some picks for Kawhi. Spurs would probably actually do that too because Kuzma is already Good and Ingram is as well. If we sign Paul George then Ingram becomes expendable. Give it a couple more years but IMO Zo is going to be very Jason Kidd like. The starting lineup would be with Randle re-signed:
PG Lonzo - 20 years old
SG Hart - 23 years old
SF Kawhi - seems like he's older but he will be just 27 when the season starts, in his prime
C Randle - 23 years old
-Our Small Ball death lineup, we would have 2 All-Stars (when healthy Kawhi is a SuperStar) in their prime and 3 babies that are Good players = young team. With health, this is a 50 win team my Brethren. Just have to fill out the bench with 3 quality players or so.

-My thoughts on the Mo Wagner pick = I think it was a solid pick. He played Great during the tournament. He isn't a Stiff.

Once again brethren, apologies for my absence. My wife had her third brain surgery in 5 months this past Monday and is in a "skilled" nursing facility. She has no mobility and I fear that her brain damage may be permanent. The hope is that her brain expands over the next few weeks, that her doctor can then turn her shunt back on and that she will regain some functionality (walking with a walker, able to go to bathroom unassisted), but I am skeptical. These are very tough times for me. Please bear with me; I will figure things out.

As for our beloved Lakers, I agree with the approach that the front office is taking. Moe Wagner is a bright, enthusiastic player with a great stroke and is a winner. I think he'll surprise a lot of people next season, but don't be surprised if he spends a lot of time in the G-League. He could also be included in a trade. With respect to Kawhi Leonard, that is in the Spurs hands. After deciding to wait on PG last summer and seeing the reports that he may stay in OKC, do the Lakers take the same approach as last summer or try to get the bird in the hand now? I don't know if Kawhi is worth Ingram, Kuzma and a pick. While it seems steep to me, Kawhi is a top 3 player, so based on that it isn't. And what about these Vegas odds of landing LeBron? Would he come without assurances of having another star alongside him? Would re-signing Randle, keeping our young core and signing a couple more veteran FAs be enough? These are all questions that none of us can answer. All we can do is make sure that we have an ample supply of popcorn and watch the show unfold!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:27 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

PG Lonzo - 20 years old
SG Hart - 23 years old
C Randle - 23 years old

Once again brethren, apologies for my absence. My wife had her third brain surgery in 5 months this past Monday and is in a "skilled" nursing facility. She has no mobility and I fear that her brain damage may be permanent. The hope is that her brain expands over the next few weeks, that her doctor can then turn her shunt back on and that she will regain some functionality (walking with a walker, able to go to bathroom unassisted), but I am skeptical. These are very tough times for me. Please bear with me; I will figure things out.

As for our beloved Lakers, I agree with the approach that the front office is taking. Moe Wagner is a bright, enthusiastic player with a great stroke and is a winner. I think he'll surprise a lot of people next season, but don't be surprised if he spends a lot of time in the G-League. He could also be included in a trade. With respect to Kawhi Leonard, that is in the Spurs hands. After deciding to wait on PG last summer and seeing the reports that he may stay in OKC, do the Lakers take the same approach as last summer or try to get the bird in the hand now? I don't know if Kawhi is worth Ingram, Kuzma and a pick. While it seems steep to me, Kawhi is a top 3 player, so based on that it isn't. And what about these Vegas odds of landing LeBron? Would he come without assurances of having another star alongside him? Would re-signing Randle, keeping our young core and signing a couple more veteran FAs be enough? These are all questions that none of us can answer. All we can do is make sure that we have an ample supply of popcorn and watch the show unfold!

-Once again my prayers go out to your wife. I know you are going through a stressful time and I am not even sure I could handle what you are going through if I was married and my wife was going through that.

-Yeah regarding what may happen with our team, who knows? We may end up with LeBron and just re-sign Randle and get 1 or 2 Good fillers to bring off the bench? Keep Kuzma and Ingram as well, I doubt Lonzo is going anywhere. PG may stay in OKC, Leonard may stay with the Spurs. It is a Crap Shoot. So like you said lets get our Popcorn ready and see how things unfold. Next week it will get real interesting.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:05 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Ken, keep the faith. Serious health issues are overrunning us. Stay as strong as possible, but take a bit of time for yourself, often. Agencies help. I wish my nurse step-daughter had not moved from LA, so she could assist you.

Thanks for generously keeping this forum alive! I'll get to the backgrounds and such after my upcoming heart surgery & recovery.

I hope we stay away from Lebronze. I like the core we have built up of youngsters and hope we can get a couple of stars to take less and come to go after the Greenies. Stay the course Buck!
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:13 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:Ken, keep the faith. Serious health issues are overrunning us. Stay as strong as possible, but take a bit of time for yourself, often. Agencies help. I wish my nurse step-daughter had not moved from LA, so she could assist you.

Thanks for generously keeping this forum alive! I'll get to the backgrounds and such after my upcoming heart surgery & recovery.

I hope we stay away from Lebronze. I like the core we have built up of youngsters and hope we can get a couple of stars to take less and come to go after the Greenies. Stay the course Buck!

Damn, Nuggz, another surgery? You're about the toughest motherfucker I've ever met. If the Lakers didn't have Randle, I'd suggest that Magic call you! Good luck and I'm sure you'll do just fine. I think I have things under control with my wife. I'm taking it one step at a time but also considering the long game, too. Hopefully, my life will be back in some sort of order soon, but I am accepting that it will be limited for quite awhile. Living in So Cal is a luxury that I will never take lightly.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:29 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Ken, keep the faith. Serious health issues are overrunning us. Stay as strong as possible, but take a bit of time for yourself, often. Agencies help. I wish my nurse step-daughter had not moved from LA, so she could assist you.

My prayers are with you as well Nuggs. Dont worry about the background until you can get to it and you feel like jacking with it. I brought it up a couple of weeks but didn't realize you were having open heart surgery. I almost feel bad now. Between Rev and I we have kept the forum alive by chatting about Baseball, etc.. Your Yankees look daman great! There really hasn't been any major Laker news except rumors. Shit is about to hit the fan next week though. Take care Nuggs.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:23 pm

Good to hear from you Nuggs! And I agree about LeBronze" . . I think every true Laker fan has diatribed, deliberated and determined whether they can accept him in P&G or not. I think he needs tp stay in the Eastern Conference, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Commish has weighed in on that subject with him - there are a dearth of all-stars in the West and for the NBA's best player to tip the scales even further would be bad for business. If the Cavs can transact a couple trades while keeping the core talent that got them to the Finals, I think LeBron should just stay. He's got a better-than-even chance to go deep in the East Finals again, and a Kyrie/LeBron rivalry would be great for telelvision. Clarkson kind of stunk it up in the post-season but Nance Jr. had a very nice showing, so we'll see what happens to those two.

On the flip side, I'm wondering if our front office is contemplating putting Isaiah Thomas in the driver's seat and shopping young Mr. Ball. Yeah, I know he's going to be the next J.Kidd or whatever, but Thomas is energetic, seasoned and a guaranteed 15-20 points a night, if not more. He's short, not a pure passing PG, and he's had injury issues, but I like his energy and his hunger. Plus he has a chip on his shoulder from his Boston days.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:04 pm

"Going west is not LeBron's style. He would have to contend with more that one team winning 50 games and he wouldn't be handed the East like he has his entire carreer in that joke of conference. When things don't work LeBron blames his team, then sits back and looks at who has the best players and jumps on that team. Stay where you are, try to build at home, and stop your super team mess. How hard is it to make the Eastern conference finals..Anyway??..Allen Iverson did it with a way worse team the LeBron had and even won the first game against the Lakers. Either way you have six finals losses. To compare this dude to MJ or even Kobe for that matter is funny. This dude is trying to go to LA and stack a team to win another ring. Not happening bro. This isn't the East. You have to beat good teams all season long. Can't hide in the west. Been that way since about 97. Back when the East was actually good."

- Random comment plucked from an ESPN Conversation thread (yeah they still have those)
lakerevolution

Postby Moos » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:56 pm

Go Lakers! :: :LOBtrophy:
Moos

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:16 pm

My girl Ramona Shelburne says she has a great feeling LeBron will end up in LA and so will Paul George because George will follow. I have to roll with what she says. She just said it on Around the Horn on ESPN. I trust her as a Laker reporter over most. I haven't seen her this happy in a while. The look on her face says it all.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:51 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

PG Lonzo - 20 years old
SG Hart - 23 years old
C Randle - 23 years old

love u bro...thoughts with your entire family

i like the draft picks because feel we have athleticism but lack shooting...though the Nance/Clarkson/IT/Frye trade balanced that out some last season

though lebron had a great playoffs his defense is beyond slipping and he feels secure in his legacy...

i believe he could play effectively in a system like ours IF he is willing to concede

Kawhi being hurt and the intriguing nature of Ingram makes me wanna pass... and im not as high on Kuzma as most but to include him is too much given the injury and the one year left on his contract
Julius Russell

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:11 pm

The Lakers aren't trying to be the Warriors to beat the Warriors -- I think they're going to resemble the 90s Bulls more than anything. That being said, here's our Paxson/Kukoc/Kerr:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/201 ... t-analysis
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:23 pm

lakerevolution wrote:The Lakers aren't trying to be the Warriors to beat the Warriors -- I think they're going to resemble the 90s Bulls more than anything. That being said, here's our Paxson/Kukoc/Kerr:

Interesting stuff on Svi. Remember, there is still 5.5 mil in cap space left and many free agents left on the market. I'm hoping (maybe praying a little bit) that Brook Lopez takes that money on a one year deal. Maybe they can even sign Wayne Ellington to the vet min. Signing Bonga to a guaranteed contract was interesting. Maybe we only sign one more free agent to fill out the staff unless a trade is still being worked on for Kawhi Leonard. Whatever.

Rajon Rondo made some insightful comments yesterday, but this is the one I liked the best:

“Obviously a lot of teams are shooting the three ball,” he responded. “But I think it’s kinda crazy if you think you’re going to outshoot Golden State at this point. They proved it three or four years straight that no team can really shoot with them. There’s other ways you have to try and beat those guys, and I think we’re going to try and crack that code.”

It has always been my opinion that you can't be them to beat them. No, you have to "crack that code" another way. With LeBron having cracked that code already (pre-KD, of course), perhaps he suggested to Magic Johnson that the Lakers try to sign guys like Rondo, Javale McGee and Lance. After all, LeBron has had his playoff battles with all three of those guys and know what they bring to a team.

Rondo also said:

“We might have a roster where there’s five ballhandlers on the court at one time,” he shared. “Five guys that can play make and create offense for each other versus just one dominant ballhandler. So we’re very versatile, and I don’t think you’ll be able to scout and stick to one game plan as far as trying to stop a certain player.”

Now that's some code cracking shit!
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk