The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

WTF?!! Maybe this asshole Chowd scammed us.

I guess it's Caruso time! Shiiiiitttt.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:51 pm

"When LeBron James reflects back on the Cleveland Cavaliers' first NBA title in 2016, he says that accomplishment allowed him to think of himself as the best player in the game.

"That one right there made me the greatest player of all time," James said in Episode 7 of the eight-part ESPN+ series More Than An Athlete.

After breaking Jordan's record for all-time playoff points in 2017, James said: "I wear the number [23] because of Mike."

LeBron says Cavs' title 'made me the greatest' https://es.pn/2LHhTBc
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:46 pm

I posted on the TrueFan thread, just wanted to give a little thanks for everything that has led us here. May we be in Heaven 30 minutes before the Devil even knows we're dead! :cheers:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:13 am

lakerevolution wrote:I posted on the TrueFan thread, just wanted to give a little thanks for everything that has led us here. May we be in Heaven 30 minutes before the Devil even knows we're dead! :cheers:

Thanks for that. I responded.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:27 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:I posted on the TrueFan thread, just wanted to give a little thanks for everything that has led us here. May we be in Heaven 30 minutes before the Devil even knows we're dead! :cheers:

Thanks for that. I responded.

I responded as well. HAPPY NEW YEARS Brethren, thanks for everything :HNY3:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:42 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Old players is as old players do.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:29 pm

Lifted your comment from the Knicks game page:

KobeMVP888 wrote:I'm starting to wonder if playing at this fast pace contributes to the injury bug. Haven't we suffered through enough of this over the years?

I don't know if it would have helped, but maybe Luke should have played Beasley more minutes and even paired Zu and JaVale for a few minutes and slowed the damn pace down. Last night was tough on the eyes, but I suffered through it. We may not win another game until LeBron returns. Our playoff chances are very iffy at this point. That sucks.

Once LeBron and Rondo return, we'll get in. It may be a 7th seed (looks like the Spurs will be our familiar nemesis) but remember that this less-than-stellar winning percentage is exactly what is driving Magic/Rob (and LeBron the recruiter) to make a big trade for the next-level star. We - and they - can clearly see that 1) LeBron is not enough, 2) Rondo, McGee and KCP are nice (Beasley is a wash), but not who we can get to the Finals with in the West, and 3) this year is not our year - considering we were hoping that LeBron could drag us to a Finals the way he's carried his teams for the last several years.

Luke better get his act together. Our young core has to get more cohesive. LeBron MUST stay healthy. And our front office has to keep its foot on the pedal regardless.

:LOBtrophy:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:36 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Lifted your comment from the Knicks game page:

KobeMVP888 wrote:I'm starting to wonder if playing at this fast pace contributes to the injury bug. Haven't we suffered through enough of this over the years?

I don't know if it would have helped, but maybe Luke should have played Beasley more minutes and even paired Zu and JaVale for a few minutes and slowed the damn pace down. Last night was tough on the eyes, but I suffered through it. We may not win another game until LeBron returns. Our playoff chances are very iffy at this point. That sucks.

Once LeBron and Rondo return, we'll get in. It may be a 7th seed (looks like the Spurs will be our familiar nemesis) but remember that this less-than-stellar winning percentage is exactly what is driving Magic/Rob (and LeBron the recruiter) to make a big trade for the next-level star. We - and they - can clearly see that 1) LeBron is not enough, 2) Rondo, McGee and KCP are nice (Beasley is a wash), but not who we can get to the Finals with in the West, and 3) this year is not our year - considering we were hoping that LeBron could drag us to a Finals the way he's carried his teams for the last several years.

Luke better get his act together. Our young core has to get more cohesive. LeBron MUST stay healthy. And our front office has to keep its foot on the pedal regardless.

As patient as I want to be with Brandon Ingram, he does not have chemistry with anyone on the team and I'm not so sure that the way Luke is using him is the reason. He appears to be a square peg in a round hole. I understand his young, length, talent and potential, but me thinks that perhaps he is who he is as a player, albeit an unpolished version.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:13 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Lifted your comment from the Knicks game page:

As patient as I want to be with Brandon Ingram, he does not have chemistry with anyone on the team and I'm not so sure that the way Luke is using him is the reason. He appears to be a square peg in a round hole. I understand his young, length, talent and potential, but me thinks that perhaps he is who he is as a player, albeit an unpolished version.

What about his ability to share the ball, score, block and get the transition game going? If there's a square peg on this team, it's Lonzo. 48% FT, disappears for stretches, unaggressive, throws up bricks on a constant basis . . talk about an albatross around our necks.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:17 pm

lakerevolution wrote:What about his ability to share the ball, score, block and get the transition game going? If there's a square peg on this team, it's Lonzo. 48% FT, disappears for stretches, unaggressive, throws up bricks on a constant basis . . talk about an albatross around our necks.

We disagree. Lonzo adjusted to LeBron faster than any of the youngsters, including Kuzma. He is playing his role and all the things that he sucks at right now will improve. He has chemistry with everyone. Ingram, in my view, has chemistry with no one despite all the aforementioned talents he possesses. Again, these are MY observations and my opinions based on those observations. I do not believe that Ingram's basketball IQ is anywhere near Lonzo's and I believe he has a lower ceiling. I also think that he doesn't fit with this team for now and may never mesh with LeBron. All the other youngsters have meshed with LeBron, including Hart and Zu.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:24 am

Not sure how you see Lonzo has adjusted to LeBron better than anyone else. He has flashes of some skill for five minutes here, five minutes there, but his overall impact is negligible at best. Ingram can - and has - run point more effectively, and there's no disputing that. We simply don't need him. Add to this his historically horrendous FT% and the silly turnovers, plus the hype and the paternal dysfunction, the kid is a wreck. Ship him out to Phoenix or New York, he'll simply never be the player we need to get #17.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:51 am

If you have a few minutes to read this article, it was written one year ago and is a little crude from a journalistic standpoint, but it explains my views on Lonzo almost perfectly. I'll post it on the Lonzo page as well so we can discuss it further there.

https://medium.com/@relgitsjg/lonzoball ... 98992d60d8
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:08 am

lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:32 am

Very interesting!
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk