The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue May 14, 2019 7:16 pm

:kingclaphands:
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:18 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Well, maybe our luck just turned, although #4 is a just another crapshoot. Maybe they can parlay it into a real NBA player.

This gives us the ammo we need to trade for Davis now. Pelicans got the #1 pick and will want to build around Zion. Zion will be a Superstar in 3 years. If we offer them Ingram, Kuzma, and our #4 that should be enough to land Davis. Of course salaries would need to match so other players to a lesser degree could be involved too. We can build around Davis the next 10 years, he is only 26. Pair Davis up with LeBron and Lonzo + whoever we get in Free Agency and we should be a playoff team for sure then and possibly a contender. If you go by this generation of players = 2000 to now, not many players have been better than Davis. Maybe 10 at most = LeBron, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Dirk, Garnett, Durant, Curry, and maybe Wade or Leonard. Outside of that Davis stands out among everyone else over the last 2 decades. I would take Davis over Cousins, Harden, or Westbrook.

On sports talk radio earlier I heard that a trade for Davis has a better chance of happening now because the Pelicans have a different VP (Griffin) and will draft Zion. It was also said that if the Lakers trade for Davis then there would be a good chance that Kyrie Irving would join the Lakers in Free Agency because of the talent they would have. Kyrie and LeBron played great together, that makes sense. Kyrie hates it in Boston and doesn't fit in there, he will be gone. If the Pelicans do not trade Davis they will then get nothing because he is leaving after the 2020 Season anyway in Free Agency.

LeBron has 2 maybe 3 years left so we don't have time to watch a draft pick develop picked at #4. If it was Zion, that would be different. By the time whoever we would draft could be good or great LeBron will be ready to retire. It's time to win now after 6 years of major losing. Time to trade for Davis and grab someone out of Free Agency that can hoop, otherwise it is a waste that we signed LeBron in the 1st place.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:38 am

The only way the Lakers get Anthony Davis is if Klutch Sports lets it be known to the rest of the league that he will only re-sign with the Lakers, although that hasn't stopped teams from trading for PG and Kawhi, so even that won't be enough.

3Peat, AD isn't coming here. Rob Pelinka needs to be smart about this. Remember the #4 pick is a $7.1M cap hold! I would love it of the Lakers went after Bradley Beal. Of course, I have had a lot of ideas since last night and read some good ones, too. We'll see what unfolds, but whatever it is won't resemble any hypothetical that you or I or any other imaginative fan has or will come up woth.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:37 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:The only way the Lakers get Anthony Davis is if Klutch Sports lets it be known to the rest of the league that he will only re-sign with the Lakers, although that hasn't stopped teams from trading for PG and Kawhi, so even that won't be enough.

3Peat, AD isn't coming here. Rob Pelinka needs to be smart about this. Remember the #4 pick is a $7.1M cap hold! I would love it of the Lakers went after Bradley Beal. Of course, I have had a lot of ideas since last night and read some good ones, too. We'll see what unfolds, but whatever it is won't resemble any hypothetical that you or I or any other imaginative fan has or will come up woth.

Yeah you probably right Ken but we need to make some kind of splash because LeBron's time is short. I think he can play 2 or 3 more years at a high level but he needs help. It will be interesting to see who we take at #4 and what we do this summer.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:48 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:The only way the Lakers get Anthony Davis is if Klutch Sports lets it be known to the rest of the league that he will only re-sign with the Lakers, although that hasn't stopped teams from trading for PG and Kawhi, so even that won't be enough.

Yeah you probably right Ken but we need to make some kind of splash because LeBron's time is short. I think he can play 2 or 3 more years at a high level but he needs help. It will be interesting to see who we take at #4 and what we do this summer.

The splash I would make is to first gauge the trade value of LeBron James around the league. I would rather build something than roll these fateful dice.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:08 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

The splash I would make is to first gauge the trade value of LeBron James around the league. I would rather build something than roll these fateful dice.

I would definitely explore that as well. We have to explore all options. Maybe the LeBron experiment isn't the way to go.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed May 29, 2019 12:38 am

All this stupid-ass ESPN-fueled drama with Magic, Pelinka and Jeannie . . non-Laker fans are believing Magic, while insiders know that Magic is a nails-on-a-chalkboard control freak diva (like he was as a player) and all he did in this latest stint was get LeBron in P&G. He JUST NEEDS TO SHUT THEEE FUCK up (like I said a few years ago when he was talking shit about everybody) but of course he won't, so hopefully true Laker fans and those who know what really makes a team a team will push MUTE on all this garbage journalism and be glad Magic is no longer a part of the process. Frank Vogel and Jason Kidd now. Focus on the Xs and Os. Win games, get a respectable seed, broker a trade for another all-star and just get out of the fucking gutter :pissedkobe:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:28 am

lakerevolution wrote:All this stupid-ass ESPN-fueled drama with Magic, Pelinka and Jeannie . . non-Laker fans are believing Magic, while insiders know that Magic is a nails-on-a-chalkboard control freak diva (like he was as a player) and all he did in this latest stint was get LeBron in P&G. He JUST NEEDS TO SHUT THEEE FUCK up (like I said a few years ago when he was talking shit about everybody) but of course he won't, so hopefully true Laker fans and those who know what really makes a team a team will push MUTE on all this garbage journalism and be glad Magic is no longer a part of the process. Frank Vogel and Jason Kidd now. Focus on the Xs and Os. Win games, get a respectable seed, broker a trade for another all-star and just get out of the fucking gutter :pissedkobe:

Rev, I really do not know what to believe at this point. Anything I say to defend Magic will be looked at by you and Kenny as my love for Magic right now. To me he is the greatest player in Laker history (over Kobe, Kareem, Shaq, etc.) so my love for him will always be there. I do know this, LeBron is a Laker because of Magic, we are way under the Salary Cap because of Magic, and we have Kuzma because of Magic. Before Magic was hired we were in Salary Cap hell and had no Superstar. I believe Magic when he says he was handcuffed on making decisions, one can't build a team like that. That is on Jeanie. ESPN does try to ruin teams and fuels things, I can't stand ESPN anymore.

Time to move on now without Magic and nail the summer and get this pointed in the right direction. Pressure is on Jeanie and Rob to get it done.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed May 29, 2019 8:54 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:All this stupid-ass ESPN-fueled drama with Magic, Pelinka and Jeannie . . non-Laker fans are believing Magic, while insiders know that Magic is a nails-on-a-chalkboard control freak diva (like he was as a player) and all he did in this latest stint was get LeBron in P&G. He JUST NEEDS TO SHUT THEEE FUCK up (like I said a few years ago when he was talking shit about everybody) but of course he won't, so hopefully true Laker fans and those who know what really makes a team a team will push MUTE on all this garbage journalism and be glad Magic is no longer a part of the process. Frank Vogel and Jason Kidd now. Focus on the Xs and Os. Win games, get a respectable seed, broker a trade for another all-star and just get out of the fucking gutter :pissedkobe:

Rev, I really do not know what to believe at this point. Anything I say to defend Magic will be looked at by you and Kenny as my love for Magic right now. To me he is the greatest player in Laker history (over Kobe, Kareem, Shaq, etc.) so my love for him will always be there. I do know this, LeBron is a Laker because of Magic, we are way under the Salary Cap because of Magic, and we have Kuzma because of Magic. Before Magic was hired we were in Salary Cap hell and had no Superstar. I believe Magic when he says he was handcuffed on making decisions, one can't build a team like that. That is on Jeanie. ESPN does try to ruin teams and fuels things, I can't stand ESPN anymore.

Time to move on now without Magic and nail the summer and get this pointed in the right direction. Pressure is on Jeanie and Rob to get it done.

I can separate my feelings about Magic the Showtime player from Magic the on-again-off-again "face" of the Lakers. He clearly has no qualms about throwing the franchise further into turmoil by publicly airing his dirty laundry, while teams like the Warriors and others who have found recent success through drafting and trading are just laughing and shaking their heads. I just need him to stop talking to the media, he's doing more harm than he cares about, and pushing back our recovery a few more years.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:53 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

I can separate my feelings about Magic the Showtime player from Magic the on-again-off-again "face" of the Lakers. He clearly has no qualms about throwing the franchise further into turmoil by publicly airing his dirty laundry, while teams like the Warriors and others who have found recent success through drafting and trading are just laughing and shaking their heads. I just need him to stop talking to the media, he's doing more harm than he cares about, and pushing back our recovery a few more years.

Believe it or not I can separate my feelings from the 2 as well and I agree with you he does need to keep quiet from here on out. I just don't think he should get much blame for how he went out. I blame Jeanie more than Magic, she is the owner right? She hired him and then handcuffed him from running the team personnel wise. Jim Irsay hired Chris Ballard and said here you go Chris you draft and trade for who you want and what you think we need, I will stay out of all personnel decisions. Irsay has and the Colts are a borderline powerhouse again in 2 short years. Think about this, Magic wasn't even allowed to hire the coach he wanted . Jeanie should do the same as Irsay has done and should've with Magic but didn't. Let me ask you this, if you were a GM/Pres of ops and was told you would be able to build a team however you wanted and the owner said I will stay out of your way, but then the owner blocks what you are doing, how would you feel? I would quit too. I could not work for someone that blocked things I wanted to do if I was promised they would let me build a team the way I wanted when I was hired.

Jeanie is ruining the Lakers much like Jerry Jones has the Cowboys. Owners wanting to be GM's too, it never works. Cowboys haven't won a championship in 24 seasons since 1995. Lakers are going down that same path unfortunately. If we do not nail this summer and bring in major help for LeBron we will stink again. To me it's not even all about championships, I just want a team that makes the playoffs and is a contender for now. Not a team that is the laughing stock of the league. Colts haven't won a championship since Feb of 2007 but for the most part they have made the playoffs and have went deep a couple of times since then. Now they have a great GM again and the owner is smart and stays the hell away and lets the GM make the personnel decisions.

My daily rant, thanks ladies and gentlemen :cheers:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:47 am

Latest talks, Lonzo, Ingram, and our #4 for AD. Would you guys do it if the Pels agree to that? We would still keep Kuz.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:54 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Latest talks, Lonzo, Ingram, and our #4 for AD. Would you guys do it if the Pels agree to that? We would still keep Kuz.

59 . . 58 .. 57 . . 56 . . IN A MINUTE!!!
lakerevolution

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:00 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Latest talks, Lonzo, Ingram, and our #4 for AD. Would you guys do it if the Pels agree to that? We would still keep Kuz.

Even though I love our young Guys I’d pull the trigger. Lebron + Anthony Davis gives us 2 top 10 (Probably top 5) players on our roster. A free agent would definitely want to sign up for that. Giving us our 3-headed monster!!!
Lakers4Life

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:45 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Latest RUMORS, Lonzo, Ingram, and our #4 for AD. Would you guys do it if the Pels agree to that? We would still keep Kuz.

As you can see, I changed "talks" to "RUMORS", 3Peat. There are (were) all kinds of trade deadline-like rumors flying around until yesterday. I am encouraged that it has quieted since then but I am even more encouraged that we haven't read anything from Shams (or that asshole Woj) that neither the Lakers or Pellies have pulled out of negotiations. This bullshit thing about Vegas having us as favorites to win the NBA championship next season (rich LA folk love sucker bets) is curious, but I'm not holding my breath. I hope that the Lakers can keep 1 of Lonzo, Kuz or Ingram and Hart. I THINK that we will sign Jimmy Butler whether or not we trade for AD.

HAVING SAID THAT, my hopes and dreams for AD are about as accurate as the "talks" that we truly know nothing about. I do believe we will get some news no later than Draft Day, which is only 6 days away. From what I have read, Darius Garland has a promise from either the Suns (#6) or Lakers and that the ONLY other high draft consideration who we have worked out is Culver. All of that tells me that a deal has probably been done already and that because of the complexities of keeping our cap space big enough to sign a max FA, it's the i's that still need to be dotted and the t's that need to be crossed.

With the Warriors sans KD and Klay next season, yes I would now give the fucking Pellies the whole enchilada if they want for AD. Build it and they will come, especially ring chasers on the cheap.
KobeMVP888

Postby kjkirby » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:09 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Latest RUMORS, Lonzo, Ingram, and our #4 for AD. Would you guys do it if the Pels agree to that? We would still keep Kuz.

As you can see, I changed "talks" to "RUMORS", 3Peat. There are (were) all kinds of trade deadline-like rumors flying around until yesterday. I am encouraged that it has quieted since then but I am even more encouraged that we haven't read anything from Shams (or that asshole Woj) that neither the Lakers or Pellies have pulled out of negotiations. This bullshit thing about Vegas having us as favorites to win the NBA championship next season (rich LA folk love sucker bets) is curious, but I'm not holding my breath. I hope that the Lakers can keep 1 of Lonzo, Kuz or Ingram and Hart. I THINK that we will sign Jimmy Butler whether or not we trade for AD.

HAVING SAID THAT, my hopes and dreams for AD are about as accurate as the "talks" that we truly know nothing about. I do believe we will get some news no later than Draft Day, which is only 6 days away. From what I have read, Darius Garland has a promise from either the Suns (#6) or Lakers and that the ONLY other high draft consideration who we have worked out is Culver. All of that tells me that a deal has probably been done already and that because of the complexities of keeping our cap space big enough to sign a max FA, it's the i's that still need to be dotted and the t's that need to be crossed.

With the Warriors sans KD and Klay next season, yes I would now give the fucking Pellies the whole enchilada if they want for AD. Build it and they will come, especially ring chasers on the cheap.

If they somehow traded for AD, do you think it would be more feasible to spread that $32 mil around instead of trying to get a 3rd max? There's not going to be much ball left after LeBron and AD. I'd rather get Vucevic and some shooters if possible to surround those guys with.
kjkirby

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk