Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Some defense, yay!
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:10 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Some defense, yay!

He does have to clear waivers, so there's this:

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:20 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Tyson Cleotis Chandler (born October 2, 1982) is an American professional basketball player who last played for the Phoenix Suns of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Chandler was the second overall pick of the 2001 NBA draft by the Los Angeles Clippers, then was immediately traded to the Chicago Bulls. He has also played for the New Orleans Hornets, Charlotte Bobcats, Dallas Mavericks, and New York Knicks. As starting center for Dallas, he played an integral role in the franchise's first NBA championship in 2011. He was also a member of the United States men's national basketball team's gold medal runs in the 2010 FIBA World Championship and the 2012 Summer Olympics.

Chandler was born to Frank Chandler and Vernie Threadgill, though he did not meet his father Frank until later in his life. He grew up in a family farm in Hanford, California, just south of Fresno, California. Chandler began playing basketball at the age of three years on a basket Chandler's grandfather, Cleotis, fixed on a tree. Chandler grew up doing farm work such as milking cows, slopping pigs, and cultivating crops. At the age of nine years, Chandler and his mother moved to San Bernardino, California; he was already nearly six feet tall. As a child, Chandler was teased because of his height; children on his school basketball team joked that he was older than he really was, and that he had been left back several times in school.

Chandler and his family then moved to Compton, California, where he enrolled at Dominguez High School, a school known for its athletics, producing basketball players such as Dennis Johnson and Cedric Ceballos. In his freshman year, Chandler made the varsity team and played with future NBA player Tayshaun Prince, who was then a senior. With the Dominguez Dons, Chandler became a teenage sensation; current players such as DeMar DeRozanwatched him play and claimed "he was like Shaq". Point guard Brandon Jennings, who was a ball boy for Dominguez at the time, said, "You'd see the girls around Tyson, the Escalade he drove, and you wanted to be like him".
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:28 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:26 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

At this point not really sure what he can bring? Maybe some Defense which would help.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:12 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

At this point not really sure what he can bring? Maybe some Defense which would help.

He's a solid veteran who can give us 10-15 minutes per game. We needed a back up center in the worst way. It's a pretty significant get for nothing at this point of the season.

HAVING SAID THAT, you're right.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:49 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

He's a solid veteran who can give us 10-15 minutes per game. We needed a back up center in the worst way. It's a pretty significant get for nothing at this point of the season.

CLEOTIS!!! Grew up with his grandparents milking pigs and throwing slop to cows! Eliminated us 7 years ago and now poised to be the biggest back-up center threat since Adam Morrison! This virtually locks us into a 5th seed.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:41 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

CLEOTIS!!! Grew up with his grandparents milking pigs and throwing slop to cows! Eliminated us 7 years ago and now poised to be the biggest back-up center threat since Adam Morrison! This virtually locks us into a 5th seed.

:rofl4: "milking pigs and throwing slop to cows!" Oh my God this is the funniest thing I have ever read. Sounds like something us hicks would do out in the country here in Indy :waaaaa:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:17 am

Tyson Chandler paying dividends already! I seen where he had 12 Boards last night and some highlights where he was playing great Defense. Kings only scored 86 points, maybe Chandler is a better pickup than I thought he would be. :kingclaphands:.

I like the fact he and McGee split the minutes at Center, both had 23 minutes respectively.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:01 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
I like the fact he and McGee split the minutes at Center, both had 23 minutes respectively.

Health, fresh legs, stability, longevity, court savvy, veteran I.Q. LeBron is going to make all these guys better. I sense .600-or-better ball being played and a balanced attack coming on a daily basis.

Randle who :imok:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Lakers Assign Rookies Moritz Wagner & Svi Mykhailiuk To South Bay

By Corey Hansford - 

11/12/18

The Los Angeles Lakers assigned rookies Moritz Wagner and Svi Mykhailiuk to their G League affiliate, the South Bay Lakers, on Monday. This marks be Mykahiliuk’s first trip to the G League, while Wagner is returning after playing in the team’s regular season opener.

Wagner, the Lakers’ first-round pick in the 2018 NBA Draft has yet to see the court for the parent team. A knee contusion cost Wagner the entire preseason, but he was cleared to play and started for South Bay in their season-opening loss. He played 29 minutes and finished with 17 points and 4 rebounds.

With the Lakers recently adding veteran Tyson Chandler, the path to minutes for Wagner became practically impossible. He was the fourth-string center with Ivica Zubac also ahead of him on the depth chart.

Mykhailiuk has appeared in six games for the Lakers so far this season. Unfortunately, he has yet to find his jumper, shooting just 26.7 percent from the field and 14.3 percent from three-point range. This could serve as a way for him to get more comfortable and regain his confidence in his shooting stroke.

The two join some familiar faces in South Bay. Fellow 2018 draft pick Isaac Bonga has been excellent so far, averaging 18.0 points and 6.7 rebounds while shooting 62 percent from the field. Two-way players Alex Caruso and Jonathan Williams have also shined in South Bay as has last year’s late season call-up Andre Ingram.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:57 am

Ahhh, the struggle of having so many legends and HOFers around to give their criticism. Magic and Kobe, making headlines for their armchair coaching. In a perfect Lakers world, Ball, Ingram, Kuz, Hart, Svi and Mo keep rising to the top of their games as LeBron, JaVale, Lance, Rondo and Beasley keep providing just enough veteran strength, skill and savvy to keep us legitimate.

"Walton is playing James 34.7 minutes per game, which would be a career low for the 16-year veteran. The coach explained months ago that his plan is to manage James for the long run, making sure the four-time MVP can be at his best when the Lakers' championship window opens." 

www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25454384/le ... s-workload
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:04 am

So epic how Luke's dad is coveted by ESPN on the old school Grateful Dead Hippie Trip cannabis culture tip. Ken I know you feel it. We're due for another night of debauchery, in celebration of our continued fanhood. I'll bring the smoke this time.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:38 am

lakerevolution wrote:So epic how Luke's dad is coveted by ESPN on the old school Grateful Dead Hippie Trip cannabis culture tip. Ken I know you feel it. We're due for another night of debauchery, in celebration of our continued fanhood. I'll bring the smoke this time.

Indeed. Speaking of which, I'm heading down to Playa del Carmen, Mexico in mid-January to take in 3 Dead and Company shows at Playing in the Sand.
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk