The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:26 am

Julius Russell wrote:Lebron is an older version of what he always has been. His flaws are just magnified with age much like all the greats. Would love to trade him but it is what it is.

Hopefully this summer is a good one. Otherwise just keep the kids and get sensible role
Players

Yeah, I don't think the reports that superstars are going to snub the Lakers are exaggerated at all. Why not bypass them and go directly to Nikola Vucevic? Randle and D-Lo will want nothing to do with us. And knowing Magic, he wants nothing to do with them. I really don't see how this summer will be a good one. Magic has a big fucking mouth and a tampering reputation and many agents are not fans of Pelinka.

HAVING SAID THAT, if they can get two Tier 2 free agents entering their primes who can actually shoot the three, sign them to long term deals. They can always be traded for a disgruntled star (see Victor Oladipo and DeMar DeRozan). This "cap space is precious" approach has failed. Enough of the one year deals. If the Lakers think that AD in 2020 is a shoo-in, they are making a mistake IMO. If he wants to be here, they can always clear out the space (see Kevin Durant signing with the Warriors).
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:15 am

Remember, Pelinka was a Fab Five teammate of his.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:57 pm

It is looking like Frank Vogel may be our next coach. Not a done deal yet though.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Fri May 10, 2019 8:38 am

Guess no one here cares about Ty Lue. Good
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:45 am

Julius Russell wrote:Guess no one here cares about Ty Lue. Good

I am glad we did not hire him, that is my take on Lue. He got burned out in Cleveland. I am not sure I really want Vogel either. Vogel was good in Indy but was never a great coach IMO. Problem is, is LeBron coachable with who's out there? I could live with Vogel out of who's out there but not sold on him being the answer to turn the franchise around.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:43 pm

Frank Vogel is named Lakers Head Coach and Jason Kidd joins the staff as an Assistant Coach. Thoughts?
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:56 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Frank Vogel is named Lakers Head Coach and Jason Kidd joins the staff as an Assistant Coach. Thoughts?

3Peat, only YOUR thoughts matter. Come on!

OK, here are my thoughts. I believe he got his Pacers teams to over perform. Paul George became a superstar under his tutelage, George Hill played even better than he did with the Spurs and fucking Lance Stephenson was much better when Vogel coached him. He gave the Heat fits with the likes of one of the biggest stiffs in NBA history, Roy Hibbert.

With respect to his Orlando stint, he was given a roster that made no sense at all. Sure, it was geared to a defensive head coach, but SOMEONE has to put the ball in the basket and Oladipo wasn't ready for prime time when he was that young, Elfrid Payton has proven to be meh and Nikola Vucevic was developing, so I don't count his time in Orlando.

As for Kidd, SUPPOSEDLY he has a strong relationship with LeBron, which I totally get because they player together on the Redeem Team in 2008 and obviously there is probably no better coach for Lonzo on the planet. Buh-bye Rondo.

We're TrueFans. These are the very worst of times. Let's make lemonade out of lemons, y'all!

P.S. - Sorry for my absence, but I've been grieving. :ragein:

Also, as everyone knows, Jason Kidd is a snake, so don't be surprised to hear some juicy shit about him wanting to usurp Vogel. After all, this is the Greatest Soap Opera on Earth! "lol4:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:37 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Frank Vogel is named Lakers Head Coach and Jason Kidd joins the staff as an Assistant Coach. Thoughts?

3Peat, only YOUR thoughts matter. Come on!

OK, here are my thoughts. I believe he got his Pacers teams to over perform. Paul George became a superstar under his tutelage, George Hill played even better than he did with the Spurs and fucking Lance Stephenson was much better when Vogel coached him. He gave the Heat fits with the likes of one of the biggest stiffs in NBA history, Roy Hibbert.

With respect to his Orlando stint, he was given a roster that made no sense at all. Sure, it was geared to a defensive head coach, but SOMEONE has to put the ball in the basket and Oladipo wasn't ready for prime time when he was that young, Elfrid Payton has proven to be meh and Nikola Vucevic was developing, so I don't count his time in Orlando.

As for Kidd, SUPPOSEDLY he has a strong relationship with LeBron, which I totally get because they player together on the Redeem Team in 2008 and obviously there is probably no better coach for Lonzo on the planet. Buh-bye Rondo.

We're TrueFans. These are the very worst of times. Let's make lemonade out of lemons, y'all!

P.S. - Sorry for my absence, but I've been grieving. :ragein:

Also, as everyone knows, Jason Kidd is a snake, so don't be surprised to hear some juicy shit about him wanting to usurp Vogel. After all, this is the Greatest Soap Opera on Earth! "lol4:

Welcome back Ken. Rev and I have held the fort down by posting on the Baseball thread a lot and playoff thread. My take on Vogel is, I have always thought he was a good coach but not great. I think he can do well in LA with a decent roster and having LeBron. Vogel had some great coaching moments while in Indy and got his players to play hard for him. He is a solid defensive coach. Only time will tell if he is the coach to get this franchise back on top.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun May 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Frank Vogel = Terry Stotts.

Thoughts?
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:39 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Frank Vogel = Terry Stotts.

Thoughts?

That is actually a great comparison. Both are similar and I like Stotts. He has the Blazers playing hard much like Vogel did the Pacers from 2012-2014. I hope LeBron and the others buy into what Vogel wants to do.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun May 12, 2019 6:02 pm

Whatever. If Vogel can bring some stability, maturity and sense to a franchise and team that has suffered through too many bone-headed and embarrassing moments over the past few seasons, then I'm on board. Kidd can definitely make more of an impact as an assisstant than he can as a head coach, and I hope this move is coupled with one or more roster additions that give Vogel what he needs to really steer us back to perennial playoff contention.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:26 pm

lakerevolution wrote:

Whatever. If Vogel can bring some stability, maturity and sense to a franchise and team that has suffered through too many bone-headed and embarrassing moments over the past few seasons, then I'm on board. Kidd can definitely make more of an impact as an assisstant than he can as a head coach, and I hope this move is coupled with one or more roster additions that give Vogel what he needs to really steer us back to perennial playoff contention.

I am not a huge fan of Vogel but I like him better than Lue. Lue got burned out in Cleveland and had health problems because of it. Lue won a Championship I get all of that but he won when LeBron was at his very best in his prime. Saying Lue won a Championship is like saying Barry Switzer won a Championship with the Cowboys :roflmao: "lol4: :rofl4:
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:18 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Saying Lue won a Championship is like saying Barry Switzer won a Championship with the Cowboys :roflmao: "lol4: :rofl4:

Perfect analogy!
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:25 am

lakerevolution wrote:Whatever. If Vogel can bring some stability, maturity and sense to a franchise and team that has suffered through too many bone-headed and embarrassing moments over the past few seasons, then I'm on board. Kidd can definitely make more of an impact as an assisstant than he can as a head coach, and I hope this move is coupled with one or more roster additions that give Vogel what he needs to really steer us back to perennial playoff contention.

I'm definitely in the "whatever" camp. If the dysfunctional front office through Vogel and Kidd together with out even so much as a meeting of conversation between the two of them, then that could be a problem.

HAVING SAID THAT, my guess is that they know each other pretty well, both signed off on it, and are excited about working together. As for Kidd and all this twitter outrage over his DV na drunk driving past, I am hoping that he has matured and I also hope that his two premature head coaching stints were wake up calls to him. Many head coaches, like Doc Rivers, were pieces of shit before they weren't. Hell, Mike Budenholzer's Hawks won only 24 games last season, albeit his overall record with them is stellar. There's another Frank Vogel comparison. Let's face it, it is mostly about the talent, so free agency is critical and that's where I'm skeptical.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:16 pm

Well, maybe our luck just turned, although #4 is a just another crapshoot. Maybe they can parlay it into a real NBA player.
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk