The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:55 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:At this point I am for putting great shooters around Bron, AD, and Kuz unless somehow miraculously we can get Leonard. A no to Kyrie and Russell, JMO. I am 50/50 on Jimmy Butler. One day I like him, the next I think something doesn't jive with him chemistry wise. I like Kemba better than Kyrie if I had to choose between those 2. Kyrie is also an iffy chemistry guy. I like players like Redick, Korver, Green, B.Lopez, etc.. All great 3 point shooters. You leave any of them open and it's in from 3. I also like Joseph at the point - he plays great D and rarely turns it over, just some names that are good role players.

If I could wish it into existence, I would expand the AD trade and get rid of the contracts of Bonga, Wagner and Jones, and hopefully The Brow VOLUNTARILY waives his trade kicker and use the approximate $32M on Patrick Beverley, either Danny Green, Terrence Ross or JJ Redick, and Brook Lopez. Perhaps they can take slight haircuts the first year on multi-year deals. Then hopefully JaVale McGee will return for the minimum, along with Kyle Korver (buyout), Robin Lopez, Cory Joseph, Alex Caruso and maybe even Trevor Ariza (if he's interested in a little ring chasing). I'd offer KCP or Reggie Bullock the Room Exception and perhaps even bring back Mike Muscala, and sign the rookie, of course.

pg- Beverley, Joseph, Caruso
sg- Green, Ross or Redick, Bullock or KCP, THT
sf- Bron, Ariza, Korver
pf- Brow, Kuzma, Muscala
c- Lopez, McGee (or DeAndre Jordan - yeah right), R Lopez

TW- Norvell
TW-
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:At this point I am for putting great shooters around Bron, AD, and Kuz unless somehow miraculously we can get Leonard. A no to Kyrie and Russell, JMO. I am 50/50 on Jimmy Butler. One day I like him, the next I think something doesn't jive with him chemistry wise. I like Kemba better than Kyrie if I had to choose between those 2. Kyrie is also an iffy chemistry guy. I like players like Redick, Korver, Green, B.Lopez, etc.. All great 3 point shooters. You leave any of them open and it's in from 3. I also like Joseph at the point - he plays great D and rarely turns it over, just some names that are good role players.

If I could wish it into existence, I would expand the AD trade and get rid of the contracts of Bonga, Wagner and Jones, and hopefully The Brow VOLUNTARILY waives his trade kicker and use the approximate $32M on Patrick Beverley, either Danny Green, Terrence Ross or JJ Redick, and Brook Lopez. Perhaps they can take slight haircuts the first year on multi-year deals. Then hopefully JaVale McGee will return for the minimum, along with Kyle Korver (buyout), Robin Lopez, Cory Joseph, Alex Caruso and maybe even Trevor Ariza (if he's interested in a little ring chasing). I'd offer KCP or Reggie Bullock the Room Exception and perhaps even bring back Mike Muscala, and sign the rookie, of course.

pg- Beverley, Joseph, Caruso
sg- Green, Ross or Redick, Bullock or KCP, THT
sf- Bron, Ariza, Korver
pf- Brow, Kuzma, Muscala
c- Lopez, McGee (or DeAndre Jordan - yeah right), R Lopez

TW- Norvell
TW-

That is my thinking now too. If we had most of those guys we would be real tough to beat. I like all those guys. I would love to see McGee back.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Hey fellas -- been a little outta the loop lately and just spent three days in Las Vegas . . maaaan what a blur :snapout: .!!! Had a lot of fun but damn it was scorching hot. Needless to say I'm super-hyped for what we can accomplish this year -- these whiny Warrior fans really got their hats handed to them between the Finals failure and the loss of some key players!! Most of them hate the Lakers and now they have to share the Pacific Division with us and the PaperClips again.

Health. Health. Health. And buckets, and defense.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:34 pm

Anthony Davis doesn't want to be mainly a 5, and it sounds like Rob, Frank and the rest of the staff will be on board with it:

"When Anthony and I first started talking about the roster, he did say, ‘Hey, I would love to have some fives that can bang with some length.’ He’s 26, we want a decade of dominance out of him, so we’ve got to do what’s best for his body,” Pelinka said. “Having him bang against the biggest centers in the West every night is not what’s best for his body or our team or the franchise. That’s why we were so excited when we got commitments from JaVale McGee. Just with his size and length, and [Davis] playing at the four, that length is extraordinary.”

November can't come soon enough. Exciting times in Laker Nation -- it's not at all out of the realm of possibility that we will be somewhere in the top 3 of the entire league. I know we'll be at least a top-3 in the West if we all play healthy, loose and set the tempo against whoever we face . . but until the team gets 15-20 games under its belt and Vogel can see his most productive lineups, it's probably best for fans that we reserve judgement, don't get ahead of ourselves and just be thankful for being contenders again.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:41 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Anthony Davis doesn't want to be mainly a 5, and it sounds like Rob, Frank and the rest of the staff will be on board with it:

"When Anthony and I first started talking about the roster, he did say, ‘Hey, I would love to have some fives that can bang with some length.’ He’s 26, we want a decade of dominance out of him, so we’ve got to do what’s best for his body,” Pelinka said. “Having him bang against the biggest centers in the West every night is not what’s best for his body or our team or the franchise. That’s why we were so excited when we got commitments from JaVale McGee. Just with his size and length, and [Davis] playing at the four, that length is extraordinary.”

November can't come soon enough. Exciting times in Laker Nation -- it's not at all out of the realm of possibility that we will be somewhere in the top 3 of the entire league. I know we'll be at least a top-3 in the West if we all play healthy, loose and set the tempo against whoever we face . . but until the team gets 15-20 games under its belt and Vogel can see his most productive lineups, it's probably best for fans that we reserve judgement, don't get ahead of ourselves and just be thankful for being contenders again.

I think we're all a bit shell shocked and guarded after all the bad luck we've had, so it will be one long NERVOUS TIME for me! This team MUST develop chemistry and that likely won't happen until January or so, but remember how quickly the 2007-08 Chowds came together. It took the Heatles about 30 games or so. HEALTH!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:25 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Anthony Davis doesn't want to be mainly a 5, and it sounds like Rob, Frank and the rest of the staff will be on board with it:

I think we're all a bit shell shocked and guarded after all the bad luck we've had, so it will be one long NERVOUS TIME for me! This team MUST develop chemistry and that likely won't happen until January or so, but remember how quickly the 2007-08 Chowds came together. It took the Heatles about 30 games or so. HEALTH!

I am a little nervous and it's mainly because of health issues. LeBron and AD both need to stay healthy the majority of the season. LeBron was injured for a while this past season and AD has been too in the past at times. If the team as a whole stays healthy, I see no reason at all why we can't win 57-60 games.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:38 pm

I'm closer to joining Sam than you guys, so I relish that I have seen amazing things in my life from the moon landing, amazing classic rock concerts, seeing my sons die and come back to life that first 24 hours several times, retiring at age 45, the best parents in the world, my unbelievable wife Sherry, Mayor Pro Tem of my town, and KOBE FOR 50!!!!!

I wish all of us well in our Lakers future towards besting the greenies. I wish it were with our steadfast Lakers, like Kobe and Fish, but maybe I can get past this new age of NBAAU and see it through.......................

:xclaphands:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:27 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:I'm closer to joining Sam than you guys, so I relish that I have seen amazing things in my life from the moon landing, amazing classic rock concerts, seeing my sons die and come back to life that first 24 hours several times, retiring at age 45, the best parents in the world, my unbelievable wife Sherry, Mayor Pro Tem of my town, and KOBE FOR 50!!!!!

I wish all of us well in our Lakers future towards besting the greenies. I wish it were with our steadfast Lakers, like Kobe and Fish, but maybe I can get past this new age of NBAAU and see it through.......................

:xclaphands:

You have lived a charmed life through dedication to family, hard work, ambition and perseverance. You will see #17 and fall in love with Anthony Davis in the process. Hopefully he will put in 10 years as a Laker and be remembered that way, similar to Kareem and Shaq. You never know, but maybe we'll be talking about Kuz in a similar manner to the way we talk about Fish.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:16 pm

Lakers best starting lineup without a doubt in my mind is:

PG Cook
SG Green
SF LeBron
PF Davis
C Boogie
6th man should be Kuz.

Green and Cook both can spread the floor by shooting 3's and that frontline is scary great.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:42 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Lakers best starting lineup without a doubt in my mind is:

PG Cook
SG Green
SF LeBron
PF Davis
C Boogie
6th man should be Kuz.

Green and Cook both can spread the floor by shooting 3's and that frontline is scary great.

If HEALTHY:

PG- Bradley
SG- Green
SF- LeBron
PF- Brow
C- JaVale (only for about 6-7 minutes each half)

Bench:

PG- Rondo (need the play making and experience; he'll play better with veterans)
SG- KCP
SF- Dudley
PF- Kuz
C- Boogie

I think that's an awesome rotation with Daniels, Cook and Caruso sprinkled in.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:47 pm

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT ...

The Lakers hired Mike Penberthy as the team's shooting coach. He had the same job working with AD on the Pellies last season. Welcome back, Mike!

Also, the Lakers claimed Kostas Antetokounmpo, the 21 year old younger brother of Giannis, off waivers and signed him to a two-way contract. He's 6'9" with a 7'2" wingspan and a nice three point stroke. I love this move! Phil Handy developed Pascal Siakam, a player with similarities to Greek Freak 2.0.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:30 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:IN CASE YOU MISSED IT ...

The Lakers hired Mike Penberthy as the team's shooting coach. He had the same job working with AD on the Pellies last season. Welcome back, Mike!

Also, the Lakers claimed Kostas Antetokounmpo, the 21 year old younger brother of Giannis, off waivers and signed him to a two-way contract. He's 6'9" with a 7'2" wingspan and a nice three point stroke. I love this move! Phil Handy developed Pascal Siakam, a player with similarities to Greek Freak 2.0.

Seems like Magic got a rabbit pulled out of the back side of his hat . . ever since he quit AGAIN we've made boss moves. Go grab your son and some pom-pons and root from the sidelines, Earvin. And when we start winning, you and Mark Jackson can share a club soda.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:47 am

What is the latest word on Iggy? I haven't heard much about his situation. I hope he becomes a Laker so Steve Kerr can complain some more :roflmao:
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:56 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:What is the latest word on Iggy? I haven't heard much about his situation. I hope he becomes a Laker so Steve Kerr can complain some more :roflmao:

Iggy ain't going nowhere anytime soon and I think he is a pipe dream. The Grizzlies know that he is coveted by playoff teams, so they will take their time to find a trade partner.

As for Steve Kerr, I actually agree with him 100%. Why is it OK for these superstars to be perpetual free agents while lesser players are treated like chattel and find out about getting traded from social media?
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:04 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:What is the latest word on Iggy? I haven't heard much about his situation. I hope he becomes a Laker so Steve Kerr can complain some more :roflmao:

Iggy ain't going nowhere anytime soon and I think he is a pipe dream. The Grizzlies know that he is coveted by playoff teams, so they will take their time to find a trade partner.

As for Steve Kerr, I actually agree with him 100%. Why is it OK for these superstars to be perpetual free agents while lesser players are treated like chattel and find out about getting traded from social media?

Kerr specifically brought up Davis getting traded to the Lakers. That is the problem I have with his comments. Why not bring up Paul George or Russell Westbrook wanting out of OKC? Davis simply wanted out of New Orleans and we gave them a good deal so why would Kerr comment on that? Kerr needs to get over it, JMO.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk