The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:56 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:"The Lakers likely don’t have the pieces to put together a really solid trade that beats what the Clippers or even Denver Nuggets could give the Grizzlies. This means that if the Lakers want him, they’ll have to wait until the 2020 NBA trade deadline passes, hope the Grizzlies can’t find a deal they like, and proceed to buy him out."

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rum ... 019/11/25/

Who needs him anyway? We good.

Some is good. More is BETTER. He could spell LeBron and help us in the playoffs with defense and clutch. We NEED a guy like him to put us over the top.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:25 am

lakerevolution wrote:Some is good. More is BETTER. He could spell LeBron and help us in the playoffs with defense and clutch. We NEED a guy like him to put us over the top.

Nah. We good. Let it blossom, let it grow.

In other Lakers news, the Lakers waived Zach Norvell and signed Devontae Cacock to a two-way contract. SMART move! They probably debated waiving mini-Giannis in lieu of the better Norvell, but they will probably continue to kiss his Greek ass and hold on to him for obvious reasons. Cacock is a Montrezl Harrell clone with the same motor and, I believe, similar upside. I was worried about losing him to another team. Solid.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:47 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/284 ... ly-la-team

"Collison's interest in a return and his focus on the Los Angeles teams sets up another possible recruiting showdown between the Lakers and Clippers, two of the NBA's primary championship contenders.

Many of the league's contenders have monitored Collison's interest in returning and have stayed in contact with his agent, Bill Duffy of BDA Sports, and others close to Collison, league sources said."

Would hate to see him help the Crippers but IDK if he'd fit with us.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:20 pm

"It has been a troubling habit all season long as the Lakers have had no issues on most nights building a sizable lead, but have had problems defending those advantages for all four quarters. Teams have routinely been able to go on big enough runs to turn matchups into nail-biters when they originally looked like they had no business being within striking distance with how well Los Angeles looked like they were playing.

A talented team like the Lakers should not have to overextend their two All-Star players to pull out certain games, but head coach Frank Vogel had no choice but to against the Suns as the bench could not maintain what was a 22-point lead entering the fourth quarter. Any time James sits, there is a noticeable dip in offensive production and could be a fatal flaw come playoff time if the roster is not addressed either through trade or the buyout market."
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:42 pm

lakerevolution wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28405389/darren-collison-mulling-february-return-likely-la-team

"Collison's interest in a return and his focus on the Los Angeles teams sets up another possible recruiting showdown between the Lakers and Clippers, two of the NBA's primary championship contenders.

Many of the league's contenders have monitored Collison's interest in returning and have stayed in contact with his agent, Bill Duffy of BDA Sports, and others close to Collison, league sources said."

Is it time for Rob to show some balls and sign Collison and waive the inferior Rondo? Do LeBron and, more importantly, Anthony Davis have to sign off on this? Stay tuned.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:56 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28405389/darren-collison-mulling-february-return-likely-la-team

Is it time for Rob to show some balls and sign Collison and waive the inferior Rondo? Do LeBron and, more importantly, Anthony Davis have to sign off on this? Stay tuned.

I would take Collison over Rondo in a heartbeat. I agree, he still has major game. How about someone like Jamal Crawford? He is old but for one year I would take him. He can shoot with anyone in the league. If LeBron drove and fed him for 3, I would feel like it was going in a majority of the time. He is an offensive machine.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:44 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I would take Collison over Rondo in a heartbeat. I agree, he still has major game. How about someone like Jamal Crawford? He is old but for one year I would take him. He can shoot with anyone in the league. If LeBron drove and fed him for 3, I would feel like it was going in a majority of the time. He is an offensive machine.

Collison and a wing defender, preferable Iggy, are the more pressing missing pieces IMO. As of today, we are now the favorites to win it all, so I don't think that there will be any major moves. The problem with Rondo is that Anthony Davis loves him and we have to keep AD happy, but Collison would be a definite improvement and a perfect fit with this team. He really doesn't have any weaknesses, whereas Rondo holds on to the ball too long and simply doesn't defend anymore.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:58 am

Can anyone tell me why Jamal Crawford hasn't been picked up by anyone? He is deadly from 3! Lance hasn't been picked up either? Possibilities for the Lakers?
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:28 am

I kind of, sort of, whatever like the Markieff Morris pick up. Look, he's a stronger version of Kuz and a veteran. He'll finally be happy again because he gets to live with his twin brother. Most important he's a big wing defender and a veteran who will blend better with our veteran team than a work in progress like Kuzma. He has very limited playoff experience, though in 2017 he put up some pretty solid numbers with the Zards, who made it to the second round. As for Boogie, he wasn't going to play again this season anyway, he will be granted full access to the Lakers training facility to continue to rehab his knee and we can sign him this summer with the MLE potentially. I am guess that has been discussed with him to soften the landing. I wish him the best. Next to The White Mamba, watching Boogie on the bench has been the most entertaining thing this season. Of course, I kid!
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:37 pm

Dion Waiters? Klutch, I suppose. Won a chip with Bron. I don't get it, but I defer to Rob Pelinka. Maybe the idea is to get him to pester the shit out of Beverley so that Bev techs his way out of games!
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:45 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:Dion Waiters? Klutch, I suppose. Won a chip with Bron. I don't get it, but I defer to Rob Pelinka. Maybe the idea is to get him to pester the shit out of Beverley so that Bev techs his way out of games!

The Jeannie-led Laker Braintrust seems to know what it's doing . . Waiter, there's a flyyyy in my soup-erman *Dwight reference* Waiter, check please *five fouls is a big thing in Title Town - see Kurt Rambis* and like Yul Brenner said in The Magnificent Seven: "We're not heading for a church social."

The Lakers are pushing all the chips to the table - and thanks to Magic and Kobe for making LeBron feel accepted in LA. We know how to embrace folks out here in Cali, and I think LeBron has done enough now to be considered as an honorary Bretheren. Gianni was his biggest fan.

#BAMF before I cry again :snapout:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:38 pm

"Meanwhile, sources say the Lakers offered a package involving Alex Caruso and draft compensation for Derrick Rose, which was rejected as the Pistons had set a high value on the former NBA MVP. The Lakers stood pat at the deadline — and VP of basketball operations Rob Pelinka instead upgraded the roster post-deadline. The Lakers remain the No. 1 seed in the West at 47-13."
lakerevolution

Previous

Return to LakerTalk