Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:35 am

(2-15)Image at Image(7-8)

Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 4:00 PM PDT
Verizon Center, Washington, DC

Referees: Tony Brown, David Jones, Karl Lane

Line: Wizards -10

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT WIZARDS

By NICOLINO DIBENEDETTO, NBA.com

An eight-game road trip is serving as the start of Kobe Bryant's farewell tour. The first stop of it couldn't have gone much worse.

The Lakers try to avoid an eighth straight loss Wednesday night against the Washington Wizards, who are coming off their most impressive performance of the season.

Los Angeles (2-15) owns the worst record in the Western Conference as it continues its rebuilding phase. Bryant won't be part of the project beyond this one, announcing Sunday that he's retiring at the end of the season.

The Lakers may have had their best chance for a victory Tuesday against winless Philadelphia, Bryant's hometown. Although Bryant hit his first three shots - all from 3-point range - he finished with 20 points on 7 of 26 from the field and watched as the 76ers earned their first win of the season, 103-91.

Philadelphia ended a 28-game losing streak - a record in major U.S. pro sports - as the sellout crowd cheered Bryant throughout the game.

"I wasn't expecting that type of reaction, ovation," Bryant said. "Deeply appreciative beyond belief. It was really, really special."

Similar receptions are expected for Bryant, but the Lakers have bigger concerns and chief among them is a seven-game losing streak and an eight-game skid on the road.

This entire season has been a struggle for the retiring superstar but Bryant's last four games have been particularly alarming. He's averaged 14.5 points on 23.8 percent (19 for 80) shooting, including 8 for 36 (22.2 percent) from beyond the arc.

Facing Washington (7-8) isn't likely to help. Los Angeles has surrendered an average of 109.0 points while losing five straight to the Wizards.

Bryant missed three of those matchups because of injury, totaling 50 points over the other two.

Washington ended a four-game losing streak in the unlikeliest of places Tuesday, winning 97-85 at Cleveland to send the East-leading Cavaliers to their first home loss. John Wall had a season-high 35 points, 10 assists and five rebounds for the Wizards, who scored the game's first 10 points and went on a 9-0 run to begin the second half.

"We are an unpredictable team," said center Marcin Gortat, who had 15 points and 11 boards. "Last year, we proved we could beat good teams by 20, but we can lose at Philly. We are a crazy team."

Wall's performance came after he averaged 13.6 points and shot 33.8 percent from the floor in the five previous games.

"Every team is trying to make me make jump shots this year, so I was just being aggressive and getting to the basket. I got into a rhythm early and it helped us get going," he said.
Wall is averaging 24.2 points while shooting 50.0 percent from the field over the last five meetings with the Lakers.

Bradley Beal is scoring 21.3 points per game during the past three matchups. He had 27 points and connected on 11 of 19 field-goal attempts while Wall scored 17 with 16 assists in a 111-95 home victory over Los Angeles on Dec. 3.

The Lakers are getting 20.0 points per game out of Jordan Clarkson over the past three contests. The second-year guard had 18 against the Wizards in January.

http://www.nba.com/games/20151202/LALWAS/gameinfo.html
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Gm 18: Lakers at Wizards GAME THREAD

Postby Julius Russell » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:34 pm

Wow
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Been so busy today I missed the game and we won. Kobe put in 31! Randle had 19 Rebounds. 19! Great stuff. By the way guys, you do know if you don't set your lineup in the Fantasy League the players you have in your starting lineup still play. You still get credit for whoever you have in. I didn't set my lineup today and had Aldridge and Jackson on the bench so I didn't get credit for their stats but luckily I still had 7 players play including Curry and got credit for those stats.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:31 pm

:WTFface: We WON???

I'm guilty too of not checking the game times . . gonna check the recap and see just how we accomplished such a feat.
lakerevolution

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Vintage Kobe!!
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:53 pm

These vintage games from Kobe used to be a common occurrence. Now they are few and far between. So when they do occur, I enjoy them immensely.
Lakers4Life

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:24 pm

Thanks for posting the Kobe highlights on Facebook, Craig. I'll watch Compacto tomorrow. So happy for Kobe. Let's not throw the towel in on him quite yet. As he adjusts to his broken down body, he may just show us some consistency in the process and the team may very well improve along with him. There may still be some more fun other than his farewell tour this season yet! Go Lakers!!!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:40 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:Thanks for posting the Kobe highlights on Facebook, Craig. I'll watch Compacto tomorrow. So happy for Kobe. Let's not throw the towel in on him quite yet. As he adjusts to his broken down body, he may just show us some consistency in the process and the team may very well improve along with him. There may still be some more fun other than his farewell tour this season yet! Go Lakers!!!

Randle's 19 Rebounds was sweet! Kobe turning back the clock gave me chills. When I got off work I watched a lot of the highlights. I am just going to stay positive on our Site from now on Kenny, even if we go 3-30 LOL. I love the Lakers and just want to see Russ, Clarky, Randle improve and watch Kobe do his thing. By the way on your preview it says Lakers at Sixers but compared to my generic shit that could easily be overlooked. THE JORDAN/KOBE PIC WAS EPIC SO WHO CARES. Hell I just now noticed both things, I was pretty busy yesterday and didn't even set my lineup either :roflmao:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:37 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:By the way on your preview it says Lakers at Sixers

I don't know what you're talking about. :anfinger: "lol4:
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk