Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:49 am

(20-17)Image at Image(11-25)

Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Zach Zarba (#15), Lauren Holtkamp (#7), Eric Lewis (#42)

Replay Center: Mitchell Ervin, Kane Fitzgerald, Jason Goldenberg, Bill Kennedy

Line: OFF

National TV: ESPN

Image

GAME PREVIEW: THUNDER AT LAKERS


by NBA.com

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Lakers open their longest homestand of the season on Wednesday against the Oklahoma City Thunder, and the next five games at Staples Center could be key in turning their season around.

The Lakers (11-25) have lost seven straight and 10 of 11, most recently committing 24 turnovers in a 114-96 loss at the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday night.

The franchise record for consecutive losses is 10, and the Lakers will face a tough test against Oklahoma City, but then host the Charlotte Hornets, Atlanta Hawks and Sacramento Kings -- all of whom are at least nine games under .500.

"We continue to hold guys accountable for the way that we play, for the way that is acceptable for us to play," Lakers coach Luke Walton said. "We trust that our players are made up of the character that they're going to keep working extremely hard, because they don't like losing and they want to get better. As long as we do that, we'll be just fine at the end of it all."

Los Angeles is hoping to have rookie point guard Lonzo Ball back during the homestand. He has missed the past five games with a sprained left shoulder, and he and fellow starters Brook Lopez (sprained ankle) and Kyle Kuzma (quad contusion) are listed as questionable against Oklahoma City.

Ball's play was heavily critiqued during the first two months of the season, but his value to the team has been much more noticeable in his absence.

"Any time you have your starting point guard it always helps," Lakers veteran Corey Brewer said. "Lonzo's big for us, so hopefully he gets back out there and we can get this thing turned around."

The Thunder have lost two in a row by a combined five points following a six-game winning streak.

"We've played 18 games in 31 days and had very little practice time," Thunder coach Billy Donovan said. "I think there's been a lot of slippage. The only way you can correct it and deal with it is you try to show it on film and point it out. We need to get back to our identity as an elite defensive team."

Russell Westbrook is coming off his 12th triple-double of the season, totaling 38 points, 15 rebounds and 11 assists in a 116-113 loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday.

The Thunder (20-17) played without starting guard and defensive specialist Andre Roberson, and he'll also miss the next three games with patellar tendonitis. Josh Huestis made his first career start in Roberson's place against Dallas and he'll likely maintain that role.

Donovan said Roberson's defense will be missed.

"He's as good as anybody I've ever been around and ever seen," Donovan said. "There are a lot of great defenders in this league. I think he's certainly right up there with the best of them, if not the best."

Paul George (20.6 points per game), Oklahoma City's second-leading scorer, sat out Friday's loss to the Milwaukee Bucks with left knee soreness, but returned Sunday and said his knee felt fine afterward.


http://www.nba.com/games/20180103/OKCLAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby Julius Russell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:21 pm

PG13 starting to assert himself.
Julius Russell
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:52 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:24 pm

We started off great going up 10 to 0.....
User avatar
Lakers4Life
 
Posts: 2371
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:09 pm
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 326 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:25 pm

.....But now we’re down 10 (47 to 37)
User avatar
Lakers4Life
 
Posts: 2371
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:09 pm
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 326 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:39 pm

This is getting old. Obviously we need Lonzo back. He's much more of a difference maker on this team than we even knew.

HAVING SAID THAT, why the fuck would Paul George want to come here unless another big name player came, too, especially when he's already on a team with two superstars?

Fuck.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby Julius Russell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Without Lonzo this team is pure shit....


Hoping he turns this energy around.

Ingram is starting to play terribly ...particulary stylistically
Julius Russell
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:52 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:58 pm

Damn we are now down 71-48. Their Big3 has been playing a lot better lately. That is a scary team, they really haven't played consistently good all season and they still are a 5 Seed as of now. PG has 20 Points already on 7-10 of shooting and is 3-5 from deep. Please come to the Lakers PG!
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5212
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 773 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:00 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:This is getting old. Obviously we need Lonzo back. He's much more of a difference maker on this team than we even knew.

HAVING SAID THAT, why the fuck would Paul George want to come here unless another big name player came, too, especially when he's already on a team with two superstars?

Fuck.


We need him and Boogie :slamdunk:
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5212
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 773 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby Lakers4Life » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:22 am

I couldn’t continue watching the train wreck tonight. I turned it off in the 3rd quarter. That’s the first time I’ve done that in awhile
User avatar
Lakers4Life
 
Posts: 2371
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:09 pm
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 326 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby Lakers4Life » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:26 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:This is getting old. Obviously we need Lonzo back. He's much more of a difference maker on this team than we even knew.

HAVING SAID THAT, why the fuck would Paul George want to come here unless another big name player came, too, especially when he's already on a team with two superstars?

Fuck.


Hopefully the answer is because he loves the purple & gold and he gots a pair made of stone. Maybe he dares to be the one to help bring this franchise back to repectability.
User avatar
Lakers4Life
 
Posts: 2371
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:09 pm
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 326 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:34 am

Turned it off at halftime.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:55 am

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:57 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:


That's my guy, come to LA Paul and be the face of the team. You took Indy to the brink of the Finals (LeBron 7 games). Time to elevate our youngsters and make them a Playoff team and contender. It will take more than the great Paul George though to win us a Championship. George may be the 2nd best player of all-time in Pacers history (Reggie Miller) but when compared to other Lakers he's a bit down the list. We need Boogie to Kenny.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5212
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 773 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:50 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:That's my guy, come to LA Paul and be the face of the team. You took Indy to the brink of the Finals (LeBron 7 games). Time to elevate our youngsters and make them a Playoff team and contender. It will take more than the great Paul George though to win us a Championship. George may be the 2nd best player of all-time in Pacers history (Reggie Miller) but when compared to other Lakers he's a bit down the list. We need Boogie to Kenny.


Steve Kyler does not believe that Boogie would be a good fit. Apparently the Pellies don't play as effective with him on the court despite his numbers. Who knows. Look, the bottom line is that the Lakers are not going to be able to be picky. Players will pick their destinations, just like CP3 forced himself on to the Rockets, Carmelo Anthony forced himself on to the Knicks, LaMarcus Aldridge forced himself on to the Spurs and Kevin Durant forced himself on to the Warriors. None of those teams had cap space, but when the player says that is where I want to play, it forces a sign and trade. They are more rare these days, but if LeBron says "I want to play with James Harden," believe me he will wind up on Houston. Cap space has proven to be a whole lot of nothing for us so far (pun intended). In fact, it has HURT us as proven by the signings of Deng and Mozgov. Sure, on rare occasion it works (like Isaiah Thomas, Gordon Hayward and Al Horford signing with the Hated Ones), but typically you have to have attractive pieces in place. I would not get all worked up over any of these top tier FAs coming here just because we have cap space. I still see it as a long shot to sign any of them.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Game 37: 01/03/18 Thunder at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:05 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:That's my guy, come to LA Paul and be the face of the team. You took Indy to the brink of the Finals (LeBron 7 games). Time to elevate our youngsters and make them a Playoff team and contender. It will take more than the great Paul George though to win us a Championship. George may be the 2nd best player of all-time in Pacers history (Reggie Miller) but when compared to other Lakers he's a bit down the list. We need Boogie to Kenny.


Steve Kyler does not believe that Boogie would be a good fit. Apparently the Pellies don't play as effective with him on the court despite his numbers. Who knows. Look, the bottom line is that the Lakers are not going to be able to be picky. Players will pick their destinations, just like CP3 forced himself on to the Rockets, Carmelo Anthony forced himself on to the Knicks, LaMarcus Aldridge forced himself on to the Spurs and Kevin Durant forced himself on to the Warriors. None of those teams had cap space, but when the player says that is where I want to play, it forces a sign and trade. They are more rare these days, but if LeBron says "I want to play with James Harden," believe me he will wind up on Houston. Cap space has proven to be a whole lot of nothing for us so far (pun intended). In fact, it has HURT us as proven by the signings of Deng and Mozgov. Sure, on rare occasion it works (like Isaiah Thomas, Gordon Hayward and Al Horford signing with the Hated Ones), but typically you have to have attractive pieces in place. I would not get all worked up over any of these top tier FAs coming here just because we have cap space. I still see it as a long shot to sign any of them.


The thing about PG is he wants to be Laker which is huge. You can tell and if he comes, others will too. Just with PG on the team + Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma/Randle/Clarky - I then believe we will be a Playoff team, probably a 6-8 seed but it's a start. We still need a Center to be a Championship contender though IMO is why I bring up Boogie. If PG signs, Boogie may be like I am in too? We will just get rid of Lopez and KCP who are Free Agents anyway salary wise. Even Kobe needed Shaq and Pau. When the Pacers were on the verge of the Finals, PG had Roy. Yes Roy wasn't a stiff in 2013 and 2014. Roy was Very Good in 2013. PG needed his help and West's helped inside to be a Championship contender.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5212
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 773 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Next

Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests