Game 25: 12/9/17 Lakers at Hornets GAME THREAD

Game 25: 12/9/17 Lakers at Hornets GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:39 am

(9-15)Image at Image(9-15)

Saturday, December 9, 2017, 4:00 PM PDT
Spectrum Center • Charlotte, NC

Referees: David Guthrie (#16), Curtis Blair (#74), Matt Boland (#18)

Replay Center: Zach Zarba (#15), Karl Lane (#77), Brett Nansel (#44)

Line: Hornets -5.5

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT HORNETS

by NBA.com

The Lonzo Ball show comes to North Carolina for the only time this season when the Los Angeles Lakers visit the Charlotte Hornets on Saturday night.

The attention-grabbing rookie enjoyed arguably his best game of the season in his only stop at Philadelphia on Wednesday, putting on an all-around display before a national television audience that featured 10 points, eight rebounds, eight assists, three steals and four blocks in a 107-104 win against the 76ers.

The four blocks equaled a season best, while the three steals were two fewer than his season high.

The 20-year-old came within two rebounds and two assists of his third triple-double. Only two players -- Russell Westbrook (seven) and Ben Simmons (three) -- have recorded more than two triple-doubles this season.

Ball's first triple-double of the year -- 19 points, 12 rebounds and 13 assists at Milwaukee on Nov. 11 -- came at the age of 20 years and 15 days. He surpassed LeBron James (20 years, 20 days) as the youngest player ever to record a triple-double in the NBA.

The UCLA product's big night in Philadelphia might have gone for naught if not for teammate Brandon Ingram's game-winning 3-pointer with 0.8 seconds remaining. Ball assisted on the hoop.

"He made a great pass," Ingram said in sharing the credit with Ball. "I had the confidence to shoot it."

The win snapped a five-game Lakers losing streak and tipped off a four-game trip that still has stops remaining in New York and Cleveland.

In the Hornets (9-15), the Lakers (9-15) will be seeing a team playing for the second straight night, both at home.

Charlotte suffered a double-whammy in the opener of the sequence on Friday, which extended into overtime before the Hornets fell 119-111 to the Chicago Bulls.

Four of the five Hornets starters played 40 or more minutes, due in part to the fact that two key reserves -- Frank Kaminsky (sprained right ankle) and Cody Zeller (torn meniscus in left knee) -- were injured in the club's previous game and did not play Friday.

Dwight Howard made the most of his 43 minutes, going for 25 points and 20 rebounds.

With two of his big-man sidekicks out of action, Howard got unexpected support from Treveon Graham, who had totaled just eight points in 12 games since Nov. 10.

Graham came off the bench and scored 12 points against the Bulls.

"Treveon did a great job," Hornets interim coach Stephen Silas said. "I love that kid, the way he fights, the way he hustles. He made some shots tonight. Showed a lot of character, a lot of fight, and he has some skill, too."

The Hornets swept a pair of tight games from the Lakers last season, including 117-113 last December in Charlotte.

That was before the Lakers used the No. 2 pick in the June draft to select Ball, and the Hornets acquired Howard and his lucrative contract in a trade with his hometown Atlanta Hawks.

Howard led the NBA in rebounds at 12.4 per game in one season with the Lakers in 2012-13.

Playing for Houston and Atlanta, he has faced the Lakers 10 times since, recording eight double-doubles while winning seven times.

http://www.nba.com/games/20171209/LALCHA#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 25: 12/9/17 Lakers at Hornets GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:08 am

Another one we can't afford to lose. Plus we get to thumb-nose Dwight. Dominate from opening tip to 00:00 and get this win Lakers!!!
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:19 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Moos » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:59 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Another one we can't afford to lose. Plus we get to thumb-nose Dwight. Dominate from opening tip to 00:00 and get this win Lakers!!!

But, they have no experience in the fourth qtr- always comes close losing games if they are leading. The 76ers game
were we out of timeout? Or Luke pulled a PJ playbook page letting them play? Lots of IFs, Could've Would've, anyways.
I'm thinking we go 3-1 this road trip.
Moos

Postby Julius Russell » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Kemba and Dwight the 2 best players on the floor. This is gone to ve tougher than our fans seemingly want to admit or maybe the fanbase is deluded.

We arent favored in any road game. And no team in the league is so bad that we are assured a victory.
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:49 pm

Great win. Luke stuck with the lineup that was working and we benefitted from the Hornets tiring down the stretch after their OT loss to the Bulls last night. TrueFan used to call it "the long 82." We benefitted from a schedule glitch and now have two more days to rest before we invade Madison Square Garden. Like I pointed out earlier, Clarkson is still improving and why the fuck shouldn't he at only 25 years of age? Great all around, team performance despite missing so many at the rim and the continued free throw woes.

While of course I defer to Luke Walton in his infancy as the head coach, I would really like him to replace Nance with Julius in the starting lineup and then bring in Kuzma for Lopez at the 6 minute mark, much like Golden State sits their stiffs down at that point and slides Draymond to the 5. Julius is much stringer than Lopez and IMO is a better matchup against Dwight who they say is much bigger than Julius, but it didn't look that way to me. Dwight is the strongest player in the NBA, but Julius Randle has no problem banging with him. Please keep Julius, Magic.

FWIW, we have the identical record that we had last season after 25 games.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:27 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Great win. Luke stuck with the lineup that was working and we benefitted from the Hornets tiring down the stretch after their OT loss to the Bulls last night. TrueFan used to call it "the long 82." We benefitted from a schedule glitch and now have two more days to rest before we invade Madison Square Garden. Like I pointed out earlier, Clarkson is still improving and why the fuck shouldn't he at only 25 years of age? Great all around, team performance despite missing so many at the rim and the continued free throw woes.

While of course I defer to Luke Walton in his infancy as the head coach, I would really like him to replace Nance with Julius in the starting lineup and then bring in Kuzma for Lopez at the 6 minute mark, much like Golden State sits their stiffs down at that point and slides Draymond to the 5. Julius is much stringer than Lopez and IMO is a better matchup against Dwight who they say is much bigger than Julius, but it didn't look that way to me. Dwight is the strongest player in the NBA, but Julius Randle has no problem banging with him. Please keep Julius, Magic.

FWIW, we have the identical record that we had last season after 25 games.

I love what I have seen the last 2 games. It's tough winning on the road regardless of the opponent. Beating Philly the other night with the beautiful pass by Lonzo to Brandon for the winner was just beautiful Basketball. We played with tons of energy against a tough talented Philly team and I thought tonight once again we played with a lot of energy which translates into great things. Kemba and Dwight are no slouches! Yes like last year we are 10-15. I think at this point we should just keep our main guys moving forward and be patient = Lonzo, Brandon, Clarky, Kuzma, Pope, Nance, and Randle . Just add either a couple of Good Role Players next summer that can shoot the 3 or one Superstar like PG. Lopez is perhaps the expendable one, I think we should keep Randle and the others I mentioned in bold.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:22 am

Lakers Get Their Second Straight Win Beating The Hornets 110 - 99 Improving To [10-15] On The Season

Player Stats

Brandon Ingram - 18 Points / 6 Rebounds / 1 Steal

Lonzo Ball - 5 Points / 5 Rebounds / 9 Assists / 1 Block

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - 15 Points / 2 Assists / 2 Steals

Julius Randle - 12 Points / 6 Rebounds / 3 Assists / 1 Steal / 2 Blocks

Kyle Kuzma - 12 Points / 14 Rebounds / 2 Assists / 1 Block

Jordan Clarkson - 22 Points / 5 Rebounds / 6 Assists / 1 Steal

Key Stats

- Lakers Bench - 53 Points - Hornets Bench - 31 Points

- Held Charlotte To Only 14 FTA

- 6 Different Lakers In Double Figures

- Efficiency! Lakers Shot 50.6% From The Floor