The Lonzo-est Yard

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:34 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Trying to trade Lonzo while he's out injured is the funniest part of this whole twisted debacle. A wasted draft pick.

We will probably always disagree on Zo until he proves one of us right. The funny part is that based simply on the Lakers' record with him vs. when he's been hurt, he has proven me right, but you refuse to see that. He affects both sides of the basketball court more than any player on the Lakers other than LeBron whether you want see that or not. :shrug:
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:33 pm

Here's my take on Ball. I am in the middle of how Kenny and Rev think. I think he is a good player, plays great defense at times, and passes well but I have my doubts he will ever be the best player on any team. I have my doubts he will ever be an all-star but the kid does have talent.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:02 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Here's my take on Ball. I am in the middle of how Kenny and Rev think. I think he is a good player, plays great defense at times, and passes well but I have my doubts he will ever be the best player on any team. I have my doubts he will ever be an all-star but the kid does have talent.

He better NOT be an all-star shooting as poorly as he does, that would be a disservice to the NBA. He's not the best young passing talent of the recent draft classes, he isn't putting up 2nd overall pick numbers, and his hype has crushed him. I'm still not sure how to have faith in this kid, but clearly Kenny does. I have to agree with Lavar -- Zo would be lovely in Phoenix!
lakerevolution

Postby Julius Russell » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:54 pm

People who don’t like Zo usually think Kuz is a great player in the making. It’s my litmus test for Laker fans
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Julius Russell wrote:People who don’t like Zo usually think Kuz is a great player in the making. It’s my litmus test for Laker fans

Regarding myself, I like Zo but I do think Kuzma is better as of now. I have my doubts whether or not either will ever be great. This Lakers team just doesn't impress as a whole right now. 4 things that can not be disputed are: Our Chemistry isn't that good, we are a lousy FT shooting team, we are a lousy 3 point shooting team, and our key players have trouble staying healthy. Just facts that can not be disputed at the moment. Also when LeBron doesn't play we are 7-13, so when he doesn't play we are a bad team. With LeBron we are 20-14. Certain players just play better on different teams, like Russell for the Nets. He is having a solid season but fits in there better. Oladipo was considered a bust until Indy traded for him and then he turned into a borderline SuperStar. That is what I mean, our chemistry is out of whack.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:26 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Julius Russell wrote:People who don’t like Zo usually think Kuz is a great player in the making. It’s my litmus test for Laker fans

Regarding myself, I like Zo but I do think Kuzma is better as of now. I have my doubts whether or not either will ever be great. This Lakers team just doesn't impress as a whole right now. 4 things that can not be disputed are: Our Chemistry isn't that good, we are a lousy FT shooting team, we are a lousy 3 point shooting team, and our key players have trouble staying healthy. Just facts that can not be disputed at the moment. Also when LeBron doesn't play we are 7-13, so when he doesn't play we are a bad team. With LeBron we are 20-14. Certain players just play better on different teams, like Russell for the Nets. He is having a solid season but fits in there better. Oladipo was considered a bust until Indy traded for him and then he turned into a borderline SuperStar. That is what I mean, our chemistry is out of whack.

I love Kuzma's laid-back swagger, how he's gone on scoring binges and his overall contribution as a teammate, so to me that makes him our Klay. He's not going to be 2nd team all-defense or be aggressive on drives into the paint, or body up on bigger F/C types on the blocks a lot - that's clearly not his game. He needs others to create opportunities for him.

Ingram, on the other hand, has done just about everything we've asked of him on offense and defense, and done it fairly well. Of the three, he's been our most consistently productive player, though he has lots of room for improvement. He's a lot like KD: Quiet, moody, focused amd determined when the ball is in his hands and he's looking to score. He keeps his head up, he looks to pass and he gets to spots where he can score or rebound.

Lonzo has wowed us in flashes with his passing in transition and in half-court sets, and he's tried his best to make up for his weaknesses by playing lockdown defense and crashing the boards, but overall he lacks that fire and vocal presence that a team needs in order to be led in a winning directon. He's looking for a coach (or his dad) to direct him or motivate him, or he feels lost. He's going to have to do some serious self-evaluation over the summer if he wants to be any kind of valued player in this league.

I'd love to keep Kuz if we can afford to have that kind of scorer. I doubt we can afford to wait for Lonzo to become something he clearly may never be. Of the three, I feel that Ingram is the most valuable to us going forward.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:36 am

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

I love Kuzma's laid-back swagger, how he's gone on scoring binges and his overall contribution as a teammate, so to me that makes him our Klay. He's not going to be 2nd team all-defense or be aggressive on drives into the paint, or body up on bigger F/C types on the blocks a lot - that's clearly not his game. He needs others to create opportunities for him.

Ingram, on the other hand, has done just about everything we've asked of him on offense and defense, and done it fairly well. Of the three, he's been our most consistently productive player, though he has lots of room for improvement. He's a lot like KD: Quiet, moody, focused amd determined when the ball is in his hands and he's looking to score. He keeps his head up, he looks to pass and he gets to spots where he can score or rebound.

Lonzo has wowed us in flashes with his passing in transition and in half-court sets, and he's tried his best to make up for his weaknesses by playing lockdown defense and crashing the boards, but overall he lacks that fire and vocal presence that a team needs in order to be led in a winning directon. He's looking for a coach (or his dad) to direct him or motivate him, or he feels lost. He's going to have to do some serious self-evaluation over the summer if he wants to be any kind of valued player in this league.

I'd love to keep Kuz if we can afford to have that kind of scorer. I doubt we can afford to wait for Lonzo to become something he clearly may never be. Of the three, I feel that Ingram is the most valuable to us going forward.

I think as of now out of Zo, Ingram, and Kuzma, Kuzma is the better player out of the 3. I can only go by how their career's have gone so far and my eye test.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:09 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I think as of now out of Zo, Ingram, and Kuzma, Kuzma is the better player out of the 3. I can only go by how their career's have gone so far and my eye test.

Kuzma is a scorer - primarily from the perimeter. He's tall and fast enough and has a great attitude and is serviceable in transition. His numbers are comparable to Ingram's, but I don't see him as a more multi-faceted player. If he goes through a shooting slump he hurts the team, as opposed to an Ingram who will get asissts, rebounds, blocks and will get to the line more frequently as he gets stronger in the paint.

Of course all these "values" make each player more (or less) attractive in a trade vs. being retained. If this AD trade did go through and we could keep Hart and Zubac, I'd have to be OK with that.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:15 am

Get rid of him. He's awful!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

We will have the last laugh, we didn't get rid of anyone and Lonzo isn't going anywhere + we can sign whoever we want this summer. I want Klay Thompson personally. We can offer Klay the biggest contract ever in reality if we want too. His dad played with LA and he loves the Lakers too. Durant will not come here IMO. Shit for brains Dell Demps says now he plans to play Davis the rest of the season :roflmao: , good luck with that. Dude just doesn't get it, Davis doesn't want to be there "lol4: so that team is all fucked up.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:53 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

And yet with all these stats, he's still considered by many analysts (and casual fans) to be a headcase, underdeveloped, obviously injury-prone and certainly not our second-best or even third-best player. For me to take him seriously and respect his worth, he has to put together a solid season in which his numbers approach all-star level (you see D'Angelo got there) and he has to find his stroke from the field and at the FT line. I can't take you seriously as a PG if you can't make at least 60% of your FTs, unless you're getting 10+ assists a game and among the league leaders in steals. I see his potential, but I question his head, heart and determination. He's still growing up out of the huge shadow his daddy cast for him.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:04 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

And yet with all these stats, he's still considered by many analysts (and casual fans) to be a headcase, underdeveloped, obviously injury-prone and certainly not our second-best or even third-best player. For me to take him seriously and respect his worth, he has to put together a solid season in which his numbers approach all-star level (you see D'Angelo got there) and he has to find his stroke from the field and at the FT line. I can't take you seriously as a PG if you can't make at least 60% of your FTs, unless you're getting 10+ assists a game and among the league leaders in steals. I see his potential, but I question his head, heart and determination. He's still growing up out of the huge shadow his daddy cast for him.

Kuzma IMO is clearly the 2nd best player on our team, Kenny knows that (at least I think he does) but Ball has a lot of potential. Russell is having a solid season but I still think he lacks leadership qualities, he isn't winning anything big with the Nets. Ball has a higher Basketball IQ than Russell does and plays much better defense.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:06 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Kuzma IMO is clearly the 2nd best player on our team, Kenny knows that (at least I think he does) but Ball has a lot of potential. Russell is having a solid season but I still think he lacks leadership qualities, he isn't winning anything big with the Nets. Ball has a higher Basketball IQ than Russell does and plays much better defense.

For his sake and ours, I hope he outlasts the early silliness and finds a home and a role in our climb back to the elite of the NBA. It's completely up to how seriously he takes his professional craft and how determined he is in becoming one of the team's leaders. That whole "offer everybody" trade that included him was a joke -- but it made clear that he is tradeable and his dad's mouth will follow him. Whether he comes back and has a serious impact in a hopeful playoff run, or continues to struggle with his shooting and +/-, there's no guarantee he'll be retained this summer. He needs better shooters around him like Fish had.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:58 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

For his sake and ours, I hope he outlasts the early silliness and finds a home and a role in our climb back to the elite of the NBA. It's completely up to how seriously he takes his professional craft and how determined he is in becoming one of the team's leaders. That whole "offer everybody" trade that included him was a joke -- but it made clear that he is tradeable and his dad's mouth will follow him. Whether he comes back and has a serious impact in a hopeful playoff run, or continues to struggle with his shooting and +/-, there's no guarantee he'll be retained this summer. He needs better shooters around him like Fish had.

Only time will tell how good he will become. I do not like his dad at all, seems narcissistic to me.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:53 pm

3Peat, Lonzo exhibits all the traits of an abused child.

Go Lakers.
lakerevolution

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk