The Lonzo-est Yard

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:59 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:I find it interesting how all the focus is on Lonzo's shitty shooting when he has affected the game in so many other ways. For all the responsibility that has been bestowed on him, he is having a fine rookie season. He will be an all-star in this league at some point in the next 5 seasons, as will Kuzma and Ingram. I think Randle has that potential, too. I just hope it's with the Lakers.


A future star, one as hyped as Lonzo, needs to come out guns 'a-blazing. Or at least firing consistently without jamming. If his plan is to build a complete game and let his teammtes be the "primary scorers" then he has to let them set him up in return, and not just decide to fire away at random times. I believe he'll come around after several more games.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:19 am

Paul George tonight vs. the Mavs:

2 points
1/12 Fg
0/4 3pt
Played 40 mins.

Bird in the hand. No Pacer puns.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:04 am

lakerevolution wrote:Paul George tonight vs. the Mavs:

2 points
1/12 Fg
0/4 3pt
Played 40 mins.

OKC drops 7 straight? Billy Donovan needs to return to Rick Pitinoville :waaaaa: ??

What has the NBA become? Magic and Jeannie better get the squad Celtic-level real quick cuz LeBron's team is TOAST.

C'mon Lonzo. Make your dad proud.

Bird in the hand. No Pacer puns.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:03 am

lakerevolution wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Paul George tonight vs. the Mavs:

2 points
1/12 Fg
0/4 3pt
Played 40 mins.

OKC drops 7 straight? Billy Donovan needs to return to Rick Pitinoville :waaaaa: ??

What has the NBA become? Magic and Jeannie better get the squad Celtic-level real quick cuz LeBron's team is TOAST.

C'mon Lonzo. Make your dad proud.

Bird in the hand. No Pacer puns.


That is really the 1st real bad game PG has had with OKC. He has been pretty consistent all season giving them 20 Points a night and playing Great Defense. OKC so far is struggling a bit but it's early. They smoked the Warriors the other night so the potential is there with that team. Only time will tell.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4434
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 671 times
Been thanked: 264 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:39 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:I find it interesting how all the focus is on Lonzo's shitty shooting when he has affected the game in so many other ways. For all the responsibility that has been bestowed on him, he is having a fine rookie season. He will be an all-star in this league at some point in the next 5 seasons, as will Kuzma and Ingram. I think Randle has that potential, too. I just hope it's with the Lakers.


A future star, one as hyped as Lonzo, needs to come out guns 'a-blazing. Or at least firing consistently without jamming. If his plan is to build a complete game and let his teammtes be the "primary scorers" then he has to let them set him up in return, and not just decide to fire away at random times. I believe he'll come around after several more games.


Like any other rookie, you have to give him time. He'll find his mojo. He's clearly too good of a player not to.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 349 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:20 am

Once Lonzo improves his shot, he will really have no weaknesses. He is a Great Rebounder for a PointG, A Good Passer, I would say Average to Above Average Defender, and shows pretty Good leadership.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4434
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 671 times
Been thanked: 264 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:55 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Once Lonzo improves his shot, he will really have no weaknesses. He is a Great Rebounder for a PointG, A Good Passer, I would say Average to Above Average Defender, and shows pretty Good leadership.


He looks like a scared pimply teenager who's trying to impress his dad . . and falling way short. Balloons rise high, which is great, but then swell due to lack of air pressure -- then *POP*!!! Lonzo is going to literally grow up before our eyes, like The Truman Show, and if Kobe isn't mentoring and working this guy out then he should be. Simply because Kobe grew up before our eyes too.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:04 am

Averages through 20 games:
Record: 8-12

Averages:
Kyle Kuzma - 16.7 ppg / 6.1 rpg / 1.6 apg

Jordan Clarkson - 15.2 ppg / 2.8 rpg / 2.8 apg

Brandon Ingram - 14.9 ppg / 5.4 rpg / 2.9 apg

Brook Lopez - 13.8 ppg / 4.7 rpg / 1.8 apg

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - 13.8 ppg / 5.2 rpg / 2.6 apg

Julius Randle - 12.1 ppg / 6.8 rpg / 1.7 apg

Larry Nance Jr. - 10.4 ppg / 7.6 rpg / 0.8 apg

Lonzo Ball - 8.7 ppg / 7.3 rpg / 7.1 apg

Corey Brewer - 3.2 ppg / 1.5 rpg / 0.9 apg

Josh Hart - 2.9 ppg / 2.1 rpg / 0.4 apg

Andrew Bogut - 1.1 ppg / 3.2 rpg / 0.6 apg
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:29 pm

Lonzo is:

8th in the league in assists per game
41st in the league in rebounds per game (only Westbrook and Ben Simmons better from "point guards")
31st in steals per game
28th in assist to turnover ratio (comparable to Kyle Lowry, Mike Conley and Kemba Walker)
39th in defensive rating (Ingram is 22nd!)

Yes, he has had some bad rookie games, but I'm glad that his biggest problems have been shooting, free throw shooting and finishing at the rim. His defense and rebounding have been a very pleasant surprise and he makes some sneaky great plays during the game if you are watching. Shooting, free throws and finishing will definitely come with experience. If the only thing you are looking for is scoring, then you will want to trade him now and forever because he will never be that guy. Ingram will be that guy. Kuzma will be that guy. And guess what? They have just the guy to get them the basketball!

Or blame Luke Walton. Whatever.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 349 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:12 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Lonzo is:

8th in the league in assists per game
41st in the league in rebounds per game (only Westbrook and Ben Simmons better from "point guards")
31st in steals per game
28th in assist to turnover ratio (comparable to Kyle Lowry, Mike Conley and Kemba Walker)
39th in defensive rating (Ingram is 22nd!)

Yes, he has had some bad rookie games, but I'm glad that his biggest problems have been shooting, free throw shooting and finishing at the rim. His defense and rebounding have been a very pleasant surprise and he makes some sneaky great plays during the game if you are watching. Shooting, free throws and finishing will definitely come with experience. If the only thing you are looking for is scoring, then you will want to trade him now and forever because he will never be that guy. Ingram will be that guy. Kuzma will be that guy. And guess what? They have just the guy to get them the basketball!

Or blame Luke Walton. Whatever.


I would be happy if Lonzo averaged only 15 points a game for his career as long as he develops the ability to hit key 3's like John Stockton and Jason Kidd did. If he is 15 points, 10 Assists, 7 Rebounds for his career - that is a Very Good career, it would be considered Great if he gets to Finals and wins Championships. Stockton and Kidd both are considered Top 5 PG's of all-time and they weren't huge scorer's but their teams won for the most part and they could Pass with the best of them. Stock and Kidd both only averaged around 13 Points for their career.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4434
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 671 times
Been thanked: 264 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:38 pm

The thing that stands out about that stat list I posted above is that his numbers are very balanced compared to the others. And they should get even better as his confidence grows.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:32 pm

lakerevolution wrote:The thing that stands out about that stat list I posted above is that his numbers are very balanced compared to the others. And they should get even better as his confidence grows.


The flashes of greatness that we saw from him in last night's game will become more pronounced and more consistent as he learns the league. And he learns quickly. My concern is his footwork. It is time for him to seek the wisdom of The Black Mamba.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 349 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:11 pm

Not solely about Lonzo, but he does factor in. It's Kuzma/Randle time:

"So what lineups have worked? Below is a chart of lineups the Lakers have used with a positive net rating. See if you can spot a common theme:"

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/201 ... kyle-kuzma
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:57 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Not solely about Lonzo, but he does factor in. It's Kuzma/Randle time:

"So what lineups have worked? Below is a chart of lineups the Lakers have used with a positive net rating. See if you can spot a common theme:"

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/201 ... kyle-kuzma


Trading Randle to clear cap space or to acquire a pick would be a colossal mistake IMO, but what do I know.

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 349 times

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:03 am

I'm Team Randle all the way -- I think he has a lot of heart and loves to compete and win. He's our Draymond and his game will only become more complete and polished. Seems that Clarkson and/or Nance (among others) are our likely chips. As we once trusted Mitch to navigate and innovate, we must now assume Rob Lowe and Magic Man are five steps ahead of what any of us think. Did they succeed with the Lonzo pick? Is the pressure of the NBA silently killing the kid? This season is a trial by fire for him; hopefully he rises to the top and plays well enough to make his dad's mouth irrelevant. A Kobe workout regimen seems like a good prescription for this ailing youngster.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 232 times

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron