Game 17: 11/19/17 Nuggets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 17: 11/19/17 Nuggets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:42 am

(9-6)Image at Image(6-10)

Sunday, November 19, 2017, 6:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Rodney Mott (#71), Mitchell Ervin (#27), Karl Lane (#77)

Replay Center: Scott Foster, Lauren Holtkamp, Derrick Stafford

Line: Nuggets -5

GAME PREVIEW: NUGGETS at LAKERS

by NBA.com

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Lakers will try to slow a team coming off a high-scoring performance when they host the Denver Nuggets at Staples Center on Sunday evening.

The Nuggets defeated the visiting New Orleans Pelicans 146-114 on Friday night, the most points scored by an NBA team this season.

The Lakers are coming off a 122-113 home loss to the Phoenix Suns on Friday, a day after the Houston Rockets scored a 142-116 victory over the Sun.

The Lakers have allowed at least 115 points in each of their past two games.

"As a team, the past two games, we haven't done well defensively," said Lakers rookie forward Kyle Kuzma, who scored a season-high 30 points against the Suns, including 28 in the second half. "It's an area that we need to address. Our identity is to be a defensive team, and the past two games are unacceptable to us."

Denver's scoring output against the Pelicans was its most in a regulation game in nearly 10 years, and lifted its season-scoring average to 108.5, tied for eighth in the league with the Philadelphia 76ers, who beat the Lakers 115-109 on Wednesday night at Staples Center.

"When everybody touches the ball and we get a lot of open looks, we're really hard to guard," said Denver point guard Jamal Murray, who scored 31 points against New Orleans. "It's great team basketball."

The key for the Nuggets seems to be finding consistency in their offense. The game before their scoring explosion, they were held to 82 points in a 17-point loss at the Portland Trail Blazers, the same number of points they put up in the second half against the Pelicans.

Having shooting guard Gary Harris back in the lineup should help with consistency. He missed two games with a shoulder injury before returning against the Pelicans and scoring 22 points on 9-for-11 shooting.

A key matchup Sunday will be in the middle between Nikola Jokic of the Nuggets and Brook Lopez of the Lakers.

Jokic showed his value in the two games at Staples Center last season. He had 29 points and 15 rebounds in a 127-121 victory on Jan. 17, then missed the next game two weeks later with a hip flexor injury and the Nuggets lost 120-116.

The Lakers had Timofey Mozgov at center during that stretch, but have upgraded to Lopez this season, and he's made a big difference.

Lopez is tied for second on the team in scoring at 15.1 points, and his 3-point shooting ability has helped spread the floor and open space in the lanes for the athletic guards and forwards on the Lakers.

Lopez is averaging just 4.9 rebounds, but has reached double figures in that category in two of the past three games.

Lakers coach Luke Walton has seen similar improvement across the board on his roster.

"The important thing for us is that we learn from our mistakes," he said. "We keep our head up, we keep working and grinding away to get where we all want to be."

http://www.nba.com/games/20171119/DENLAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 17: 11/17/17 Suns at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby Moos » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:40 am

Scary. Just scary, reading that the Nuggets scoring many points in their previous games it'd be lovely to beat them in this game.
I wish these young Lakers guys the best continuous learning progress ahead, if you think about it every thing is new with this Lakers organization top to bottom, if you know what I mean.
Moos

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:13 pm

Moos wrote:Scary. Just scary, reading that the Nuggets scoring many points in their previous games it'd be lovely to beat them in this game.
I wish these young Lakers guys the best continuous learning progress ahead, if you think about it every thing is new with this Lakers organization top to bottom, if you know what I mean.

Well Jeannie's not new, Magic's not new, Luke and Brian aren't new . . and Clarkson, Randle and Ingram have had a big-enough slice of NBA action to be as good as they're gonna get. Our defense HAS to improve.
lakerevolution

Postby Julius Russell » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:32 pm

Nuggets getting angry.

Lonzo is back to being Lonzo
Julius Russell

Postby Julius Russell » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Triple double watch for ZO
Julius Russell

Postby Julius Russell » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:22 pm

Nuggets making a push
Julius Russell

Postby Moos » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:05 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
Moos wrote:Scary. Just scary, reading that the Nuggets scoring many points in their previous games it'd be lovely to beat them in this game.

Well Jeannie's not new, Magic's not new, Luke and Brian aren't new . . and Clarkson, Randle and Ingram have had a big-enough slice of NBA action to be as good as they're gonna get. Our defense HAS to improve.

I don't see those first 4 people you mention on the court playing defense, shooting threes, or ditching out assists.
So, you telling me Clarkson, Randle & Ingram superstars now? Ingram + other 2 or 3 players may not be with the Lakers soon! Man, we need to sit down to talk face to face sometimes in the future. Now back to Lakers games!
Moos

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:07 pm

Lonzo fucked around and got a TDB - 11 Points/11 Assists/16 Boards! Lakers rolled tonight by blowing out Denver 127-109. Great stuff.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Game 17: 11/17/17 Nuggets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:08 am

If we played like this every game, we'd make the playoffs. Just got back from vacay. Really enjoyed the all around win!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Moos wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:

I don't see those first 4 people you mention on the court playing defense, shooting threes, or ditching out assists.
So, you telling me Clarkson, Randle & Ingram superstars now? Ingram + other 2 or 3 players may not be with the Lakers soon! Man, we need to sit down to talk face to face sometimes in the future. Now back to Lakers games!

I don't see enough of that from the last three people I mentioned . . but the squad came up big last night so they get a pass for one more day! Would love to meet one day, gotta be at Staples!
lakerevolution

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:11 pm

lakerevolution wrote:

Julius is just learning how to play.
Ingram doesn't have a man body yet

they are far from complete
Julius Russell

Return to LakerTalk