Game 15: 11/15/17 76ers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 15: 11/15/17 76ers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 am

(7-6)Image at Image(6-8)

Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Marc Davis (#8), Eric Lewis (#42), Michael Smith (#38)
Replay Center: Nick Buchert, Kevin Cutler, Ken Mauer, Dedric Taylor

Line: 76ers -3.5

National TV only: ESPN

GAME PREVIEW: 76ERS at LAKERS

by NBA.com

LOS ANGELES -- Two of the youngest teams in the NBA will go head-to-head when the Los Angeles Lakers host the Philadelphia 76ers at Staples Center on Wednesday.

The 76ers (7-6) had the second-youngest opening-day roster in the NBA at 24.7 years of age, and the Lakers (6-8) were tied for the third-youngest at 24.9.

Philadelphia had the No. 1 draft pick each of the past two years and the Lakers selected No. 2 in both drafts, though only three of those players will be on the court Wednesday.

76ers point guard Ben Simmons, the No. 1 overall pick out of LSU in 2016, is averaging 17.8 points, 9.2 rebounds and 7.5 assists. He's the top rebounding point guard in the NBA and fifth in assists.

"He's a difference-maker," 76ers coach Brett Brown told reporters after Simmons had 22 points, 12 rebounds and four assists in a 109-105 victory at the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday. "He is a game-changer at a 6-10 point guard position. ... The thing I like the most, and get excited the most is, he's barely scratched the surface. He has so much more to give and to improve on and knowledge to take in."

This year's No. 1 overall pick, Markelle Fultz, has been sidelined since Oct. 25 with a sore right shoulder.

Lakers rookie point guard Lonzo Ball was taken second overall behind Fultz and he's been solid in some areas and disappointing in others.

Ball is seventh in the NBA in assists at 7.2 a game and third among point guards at 6.6 rebounds, but continues to struggle with his shooting accuracy.

Ball's overall field goal percentage sits at 31.3 percent, though he's only bettered that mark in three of 14 games. He averages the most 3-point attempts on the Lakers at 4.9 per game, but has made only 25 percent of his tries from deep.

Los Angeles seems to have the right complement off the bench, however, and it was Jordan Clarkson who kept Ball on the bench in the fourth quarter of a 100-93 victory against the Phoenix Suns on Monday.

Clarkson didn't arrive in Los Angeles with nearly the expectations of Ball, but the former second-round pick has been one of the team's best scorers.

He shot 11-for-19 from the field and scored his season high of 25 points against the Suns. He only had three assists, but didn't turn the ball over in 26 minutes either.

Clarkson shot between 43 and 45 percent from the field in each of his first three seasons, but is at 51.2 so far this season, including 40 percent from 3-point distance.

Lakers coach Luke Walton told the Los Angeles Times that Clarkson seems more focused and serious this season.

"Just his overall approach each day," Walton said. "Asking questions to the way he's been practicing. The effort he's been giving on defense, for the most part, is a huge step up from last year. Just his overall presence around the court."

Clarkson should be happy to see the 76ers, too. He scored his then-career high of 30 points against Philadelphia last season.

http://www.nba.com/games/20171115/PHILAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 15: 11/15/17 76ers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:53 pm

More veteran presence + something to prove to the other young team = solid home effort tonight. Lakers in triple digits, Sixers not.

Lakers 111

Sixers 98
lakerevolution

Postby Nycitylaker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:45 pm

How does this posting thing work again? Wassup Laker fams? Intrigued enough by this match up I had to drop my 2 cents. Not gonna lie, loving Simmons game. Loving Ball's potential. Anyway, I'll be sleepy at work tomorrow. Glad y'all are still here. We lost a Laker Truefan OG so I'd be remiss if I didn't give him a shout out. Passionate fans are what it's all about. Here's to him, his fams at home and his Laker fams on the 'net. RIP.
Nycitylaker

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:07 pm

Nycitylaker wrote:How does this posting thing work again? Wassup Laker fams? Intrigued enough by this match up I had to drop my 2 cents. Not gonna lie, loving Simmons game. Loving Ball's potential. Anyway, I'll be sleepy at work tomorrow. Glad y'all are still here. We lost a Laker Truefan OG so I'd be remiss if I didn't give him a shout out. Passionate fans are what it's all about. Here's to him, his fams at home and his Laker fams on the 'net. RIP.

What's up Jesus, hope you been doing well. Who passed away again? Anyway just followed the game here at work and we lost 115-109. 3 major things stuck out in this game, 1) We shot 3-27 from 3, we desperately need better 3 point shooters, 2) Joel Embiid torched us for 46, and 3) Ben Simmons is the real deal as he was 1 Rebound away from a TDB. Another damn loss for our Lakers!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:36 am

Damn. Take away Embiid's ridiculous night and give us, say, 5 of those 24 missed threes and it's a win for us. Ingram shone, but Ball stunk like he stole something from China. I'm kinda looking at Luke in this one . . . and speaking of old Jedi, look who it is! The Central Park menace! Good to see your post, NYC. We're better on paper (and sometimes on the court) than we've been in the past couple seasons, but oooohweeee it's still tough sledding through this jerky adolescent version of our Lakers. Drawing board, stat.
lakerevolution

Postby Moos » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:32 am

All I need a cup of coffee and book "years of darkness", and sit alone to get out my back with smoking back to take off the fragrance of my nose ..! I feel better now. We still got lots bb games to go 70 or more-less, I looked @ all NBA division standings not too bad... actually, Lakers got a bright future- ahead and so as to the league with many young talents this year. The feeling is like I'm watching college basketball for now. Always a Laker.
Moos

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:23 am

That was actually a very competitive, hard fought game between two of the league's youngest teams. Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid are future Hall of Famers if they stay healthy. They're both ridiculous. Lonzo will going through these stretches during his rookie season. They will help him grow. Glad to see Ingram and Kuz rise to the occasion. As log as we don't get blown out, we'll eventually learn how to win.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk