Game 13: 11/11/17 Lakers at Bucks GAME THREAD

Game 13: 11/11/17 Lakers at Bucks GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:15 am

(5-7)Image at Image(5-6)

Saturday, November 11, 2017, 5:30 PM PDT
BMO Harris Bradley Center • Milwaukee, WI

Referees: James Capers (#19), Ray Acosta (#54), Mark Ayotte (#56)
Replay Center: Curtis Blair, Eric Dalen, Leroy Richardson, James Williams

Line: Bucks -6.5

Image Image

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT BUCKS

by NBA.com

MILWAUKEE -- Eric Bledsoe's Milwaukee Bucks debut was a rousing success.

Now, he'll get a chance to make a good impression on his new home fans when the Bucks host the Los Angeles Lakers Saturday night at the Bradley Center.

Milwaukee shipped a protected first-round pick to Phoenix Tuesday to acquire Bledsoe, a five-year veteran who had become disenchanted with the Suns' losing ways. The hope was Bledsoe could add a boost to the Bucks' offense and help stabilize a defensive unit that was allowing 108.7 points per game.

"It's going to take some time for him to understand his teammates and understand the defensive and offensive schemes," Bucks coach Jason Kidd said. "But he's a pro. He's a very smart young man. He can help us."

Despite have just one day of practice with his new teammates, Kidd inserted Bledsoe into the starting lineup Friday at San Antonio, with defending rookie of the year Malcolm Brogdon moving to the bench.

The move paid off.

Bledsoe scored 13 points on 6-for-15 shooting with seven assists and four rebounds as the Bucks snapped a four-game losing streak with a 94-87 victory over the Spurs.

"I thought Eric gave us a little life," Kidd said. "His speed makes things a lot easier for everybody and on the defensive end, I thought he was great on the ball not getting picked."

Bledsoe is already feeling comfortable in his new surroundings.

"It's easy playing with these guys," Bledsoe said. "All I have to do is give them the ball. I have the easy job."

Against the Lakers, he'll likely spend much of the game guarding Los Angeles point guard Lonzo Ball, who's trying to break out of the first slump of his short career.

The rookie is averaging just 6.8 points on 22.8 percent shooting over his last five games with only three 3-pointers on 24 attempts.

Lakers coach Luke Walton doesn't think Ball's shooting -- especially his mechanics -- are as much of a problem as outside observers suggest.

"He's an incredible player," Walton said after Ball scored 10 points on 3 of 12 shooting in a 111-95 loss to the Wizards on Thursday. "He's 20 years old. He almost had a triple-double tonight. But any time you turn on any sports show, all they talk about is his shot," Walton said. "Is it extra pressure? One hundred percent. He's a rook who ... gets dissected by everybody."

The matchup with the Bucks will give Kidd his first extended look at Ball, who some have compared to the Bucks' head coach. But Kidd, a 12-time All-Star and nine-time all-defensive team member, isn't quite ready to pass the torch.

"Let him get some games under his belt," Kidd said. "I truly think he is talented. Today we want everything microwaved, we want it overnight or we want it (instantly) Googled. We want to see the answer now."

The Bucks and Lakers split their two annual meetings in each of the last three seasons with the Lakers winning two of the last three contests in Milwaukee.

http://www.nba.com/games/20171111/LALMIL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 13: 11/11/17 Lakers at Bucks GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Lakers lose 98-90 but Lonzo fucked around and got a TDB! 19/13/12. He also shot 7-12 from the field, 3-5 from 3. Much better for him.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Moos » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:32 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Lakers lose 98-90 but Lonzo fucked around and got a TDB! 19/13/12. He also shot 7-12 from the field, 3-5 from 3. Much better for him.

No much to say here, other than Lonzo's bright future with Ingram and Kuzma looks bright. Next, let's get a win over in Phoenix... who beat the Twolves tonight, Phoenix have been playing six games straight at home !!
Moos

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:46 pm

These losses suck. We have big losses coming up. Under 100 losses are worse. I'm looking at Luke like he's the Last Jedi . . come Christmas. Get the squad acting right. We should be at or above .500.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:50 am

lakerevolution wrote:These losses suck. We have big losses coming up. Under 100 losses are worse. I'm looking at Luke like he's the Last Jedi . . come Christmas. Get the squad acting right. We should be at or above .500.

We' re a young, rebuilding team pointed in the right direction. We're a few years behind most of the rebuilding teams and we played one last night. The Celtics wisely started their rebuild 5 years ago at a time when we re-signed Kobe. Nevertheless, we are competing and ur young players and head coach are learning every game. After years of losing, but not having the ability to rebuild properly, the losing is getting old and we are going to have to wait until at least next season to think playoffs and that will require signing or trading for a bona fide star.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk