Game 4: 10/25/17 Wizards at Lakers GAME THREAD

Re: Game 4: 10/25/17 Wizards at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:25 am

Statistically, we had a great night! Nance, Ingram and Pope put up great numbers to cover Lonzo's poor shooting night. This never-say-die win should build a ton of confidence going forward, allowing the squad to level-up vs. non-playoff teams and give fits to playoff hopefuls. The climb!
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:57 am

I went to see Stephen Stills and Judy Collins last night, but recorded the game and watched it when I got home. Man, what a night for LA sports!!! Luke's still feeling out which flotsam and which jetsam to throw out there and probably needs to do some more trimming to the rotation. IMO Corey Brewer should join Old Luol on the DNP-CD list and free up some more time for Julius Randle in the rotation. Clearly he is able to bang with the strongest guys in the league and even though I'm sure he didn't see himself as a small ball 5 coming out of Kentucky, well that appears to be what he's best suited for. I love Josh Hart's potential. He's an in your face solid on the ball defender and I am also digging what KCP is giving us. This is an infant team in the infant stages of the long 82 and one of the things they are learning is how to win in the LA glitz in Staples Center. There is a lot of pressure to succeed in Purple & Gold. It ain't for the feint of heart, which is why Lonzo and BI will eventually be great players. Digging what Larry Nance brings and Kuzma's confidence is quite enjoyably ballsy! Great stuff!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:26 am

We still need an Oaktree or, in this day and age, a Draymond-type of player with tons of heart and wild abandon. A productive Metta. Someome without a lotta sense but the balls to intimidate anyone on the court. Julius ain't that guy but, who knows, maybe he'll mature into a tough if that's what kind of player he wants to be. For now it's finesse like Magic and Coop, but we need some Worthy and Rambis before we can talk real playoff potential.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:49 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:I went to see Stephen Stills and Judy Collins last night, but recorded the game and watched it when I got home. Man, what a night for LA sports!!! Luke's still feeling out which flotsam and which jetsam to throw out there and probably needs to do some more trimming to the rotation. IMO Corey Brewer should join Old Luol on the DNP-CD list and free up some more time for Julius Randle in the rotation. Clearly he is able to bang with the strongest guys in the league and even though I'm sure he didn't see himself as a small ball 5 coming out of Kentucky, well that appears to be what he's best suited for. I love Josh Hart's potential. He's an in your face solid on the ball defender and I am also digging what KCP is giving us. This is an infant team in the infant stages of the long 82 and one of the things they are learning is how to win in the LA glitz in Staples Center. There is a lot of pressure to succeed in Purple & Gold. It ain't for the feint of heart, which is why Lonzo and BI will eventually be great players. Digging what Larry Nance brings and Kuzma's confidence is quite enjoyably ballsy! Great stuff!

Man I was at work so I couldn't watch it but had the play by play on the ESPN Site, so was able to see what was going on every play. What a game!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:25 am

lakerevolution wrote:We still need an Oaktree or, in this day and age, a Draymond-type of player with tons of heart and wild abandon. A productive Metta. Someome without a lotta sense but the balls to intimidate anyone on the court. Julius ain't that guy but, who knows, maybe he'll mature into a tough if that's what kind of player he wants to be. For now it's finesse like Magic and Coop, but we need some Worthy and Rambis before we can talk real playoff potential.

Actually, I think Julius COULD be that guy. Draymond is a small ball center and it appears that Luke is grooming Julius for that role, only he's not getting enough minutes. His defense is vastly improved, but still has a long way to go. He is as strong as almost any player in the NBA and he is only 22. For now, Luke has taken his playmaking skills away from him for good reason. I think we will see more Dray from JR over the long 82 than meets the eye right now. BI has some of those attributes as well, but he is also honing other skills for the time being. Last night may have been his best all around performance as a pro; importantly he was the closer that Magic proclaimed his role to be before the season. Any aficionado can see that the long term potential for this group is enormous. I love Josh Hart, too! Man, did the Lakers nail this draft!!!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:09 am

Randle was impressive last night so was Ingram. Our young guys are growing up. Lonzo is all ready Good if not Very Good, give him 2 more years and he will be Great.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:10 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Randle was impressive last night so was Ingram. Our young guys are growing up. Lonzo is all ready Good if not Very Good, give him 2 more years and he will be Great.

I think he will be great next season. Rarely does a player come along with an IQ like Lonzo's. He understands the game better than almost everyone on the court already; he just needs to learn the nuances and he learns very quickly. He has a size, speed, ball handling and vision advantage like I haven't seen since Magic, but he's a completely different player than Magic. He is even a smart defensive player already; just needs honing. He doesn't take off possessions, stays locked in, is quiet humble and focused. With good health, he has Hall of Fame written all over him. I was amazed that he didn't go #1 overall. Remember, the Chowds traded out of that spot, too. Imagine him next to Kyrie? While Jayson Tatum will be a fine NBA player, I don't think he will ever impact a game like Lonzo. Markelle Fultz? I didn't get that at all. I see a Lakers-Celtics Finals in the next 5 years!
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:16 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:I see a Lakers-Celtics Finals in the next 5 years!

If a Jewish lawyer says it's gonna be so, then IT'S GONNA BE SO!!! Put it in the books! I can't really put any stock in a LeBron deal, and a Paul George isn't going to make us that much better . . no, I see Magic and Rob going after a young established big like Towns who can give us years of high-level performance. There are no Shaqs to steal, and we'd be extremely blessed to score another legend if the Purple and Gold gods have kept us in their favor despite the CBA fall from grace - I know Jeannie and crew are shooting for the top, as always. Now I gotta decide when I want to catch a game at Staples this year. Kenny, let me know!
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:18 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:I see a Lakers-Celtics Finals in the next 5 years!

If a Jewish lawyer says it's gonna be so, then IT'S GONNA BE SO!!! Put it in the books! I can't really put any stock in a LeBron deal, and a Paul George isn't going to make us that much better . . no, I see Magic and Rob going after a young established big like Towns who can give us years of high-level performance. There are no Shaqs to steal, and we'd be extremely blessed to score another legend if the Purple and Gold gods have kept us in their favor despite the CBA fall from grace - I know Jeannie and crew are shooting for the top, as always. Now I gotta decide when I want to catch a game at Staples this year. Kenny, let me know!

Yes, Rev, I am speaking it into existence!!! "lol4:

YOU let me know. I don't have to have tix in advance; we can choose any game.
KobeMVP888

Previous

Return to LakerTalk