The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:57 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Not sure how you guys feel but in Free Agency I would much rather sign a 27 yr old Demarcus Cousins and a 27 yr old Paul George to long contracts than sign LeBron James. LeBron James will be 33 in a few days. I get LeBron is a Top 10 player of all-time, arguably Top 5 but he will be 34 next December. The other 2 guys I mentioned can play another 6 or 7 seasons easily prime wise. We can let Lopez and KCP walk who are being paid huge money (both are Free Agents at the end of the season) and sign Cousins and George + keep Randle, Clarkson, and Hart to go with Lonzo, Ingram, and Kuzma. Hell we can even use Nance for tradebait if we need too. Nance is a decent player.

I would rather build around Kuzma and Ingram with a force like Cousins than complicate things by adding another wing like PG. Why not pay a little extra to Lou Williams, JJ Redick or Will Barton rather than thwart the progress of our two future all-stars? Then again, what do I know? I guess we should just take what we an get. There's a good chance that none of those guys will want to come here.

We need to build around Ingram, Kuzma & Lonzo. I even like Hart, Nance & Thomas too!! Clarkson & Randle can be our trade bait even though they are having “career years” at this early stage of their careers.
Lakers4Life

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:00 am

lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:19 pm

Some NBA tidbit news:

-Lavar Ball says Luke Walton has lost the team. Players don't want to play for Luke. :roflmao:. I think Lavar should Coach the team for about a month. Lets see how his results would be :toiletclaw:

-It is amazing the difference what 1 SuperStar or even an All-Star can make in a team. Victor Oladipo returned to the struggling Pacers and they look like a different team. Pacers had lost 5 in a row without Dipo to fall to 19-19, in his return they beat the Bulls 125-86 to improve to 20-19. He scored 23 Points with 9 Assists in his return on 9-11 shooting! The Pacers are currently the 8th Seed in the East.

-Don't look now but the Thunder are the 5th Seed in the West after their slow start. We are approaching mid season and they are kicking it in.

-Almost midway through the season and the Warriors have the best record in the league at 32-8, Celtics have the 2nd best record at 33-10 and lead the Eastern Conference. Celts are past the midway point with 43 games played.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk