Preseason Game 3: 10/04/17 Nuggets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Preseason Game 3: 10/04/17 Nuggets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:24 pm

(2-0)Image at Image(0-2)

Wednesday, October 4, 2017, 7:00 PM PDT
Citizens Business Bank Arena, Ontario, CA

Referees: David Guthrie (#16), Karl Lane (#77), CJ Washington (#53)

Line: Nuggets -4

Image NBA TV

GAME PREVIEW: NUGGETS AT LAKERS

by Joey Ramirez, nba.com

The Lakers continue their preseason tour by paying a visit to the Inland Empire for rematch with the Denver Nuggets.

Here’s what to keep an eye on when the purple and gold take the floor in Ontario.

What will the reaction be for Lonzo?

Citizens Business Bank Arena — the site of today’s game — stands just minutes away from Lonzo Ball’s family home in Chino Hills.

Ball and his two younger brothers become phenomenons during their run together at Chino Hills High two years ago. Lonzo was the alpha dog of the team that went 35-0 and won the state title, as he averaged a triple-double with 23.9 points, 11.3 rebounds and 11.7 assists.

Just about every game that Ball and the Huskies played was standing-room only, as the team put a national focus on the Inland Empire community.

Expect an electric crowd for Lonzo’s first homecoming as a Laker, as the 19-year-old hopes to play in front of family and friends, in spite of a mild left ankle sprain that held him out of Tuesday’s practice.

How many rotation players will be available?

Ball is hardly alone on the Lakers injury report. Brandon Ingram (head contusion) and Larry Nance Jr. (sprained right index finger) also suffered ailments in Monday’s loss to Denver.

And while Brook Lopez, Andrew Bogut and Josh Hart all returned to full-court, five-on-five scrimmaging at practice, their statuses for Wednesday’s contest are uncertain.

With as many as six players possibly missing this game, the Lakers will look to see what they can get out of the remaining 14 on the training-camp roster.

Regardless of if the player pool is trimmed down, keep an eye on Julius Randle, who had a 10-point, 10-rebound double-double on Monday. More than his traditional stats, Luke Walton was pleased with Randle’s performance because he resisted fatigue and provided vocal help-side defense.

Can Kuzma keep up his red-hot scoring?

Randle’s fellow power forward has been the fan favorite of preseason, as Summer League stud Kyle Kuzma continues to get buckets.

The rookie has led the Lakers in scoring in both of their games so far, putting up 23 points on Monday, including 11 during a fourth-quarter comeback bid.

Confident from across the floor, Kuzma has hit 62.1 percent of his shots (18-of-29) this preseason in a variety of ways. He has sunk 3-pointers, pulled up from mid-range, driven for layups and generally been a matchup problem for opposing power forwards with his touch and mobility.

And according to Walton, he’s always ready for a challenge.

“He doesn’t care that it’s the preseason, he doesn’t care that it’s practice, he doesn’t care if it’s a shooting drill — he wants to win,” Walton said at Tuesday’s practice. “I love that about him.”

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/171004-l ... ts-preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Preseason Game 3: 10/04/17 Nuggets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:14 pm

No one cares? Fuck it. No one should. :roflmao:
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:No one cares? Fuck it. No one should. :roflmao:

"lol4: Unfortunately I have had no WIFI tonight where I am at work and just now able to break my laptop out with my own WIFI since the big wigs are gone. We held our own the other night with 41 Posts on the Game Thread, tonight everyone must have had something going on. I seen we got smoked anyway so oh well. I appreciate your efforts Posting GameDay Threads. When I don't have to work I am always here. Season starts in 2 weeks so we are almost there. I am sure Craig and Rev will be here a bunch when the Regular Season starts.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:19 pm

One thing is certain. We need players who can knock it down. The Nuggets have them up and down their roster. We don’t.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:26 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:One thing is certain. We need players who can knock it down. The Nuggets have them up and down their roster. We don’t.

Yeah I haven't seen the highlights but we do need at least 1 more 3 point shooter that can shoot 40% or so. All the Elite teams are good from 3, even some of the bad one's are!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:19 am

Didn't realize there was another game tonight, damnit! The Nougats always start out hot from the gate, and they always have shooters. Too bad they never make any noise in the playoffs *pin drop* :shrug: It's gonna take us 10-15 games to hit a groove, and hopefully it's the kind of groove that wins the 50/50 games and gives us an outside chance to occasionally upset the playoff-bound teams. Coaching and intensity, can't get any more plain than that.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:39 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:One thing is certain. We need players who can knock it down. The Nuggets have them up and down their roster. We don’t.

Yeah I haven't seen the highlights but we do need at least 1 more 3 point shooter that can shoot 40% or so. All the Elite teams are good from 3, even some of the bad one's are!

We need multiple guys who can shoot. KCP ain't that guy. Brook Lopez will be OK. Next summer Gary Harris is a restricted free agent. I'd roll the Brinks truck up for him. I doubt any of these other "superstars" will be coming our way anyway.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:22 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

We need multiple guys who can shoot. KCP ain't that guy. Brook Lopez will be OK. Next summer Gary Harris is a restricted free agent. I'd roll the Brinks truck up for him. I doubt any of these other "superstars" will be coming our way anyway.

I like Harris as well. It will be interesting to see Magic and Rob operate next summer.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk