Fantasy Basketball League

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:22 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I had 2 meetings vs Kenny and I beat him 7-3 and he beat me 6-4, we split. He had a better overall record but I guess I won the tiebreaker because my win was better vs him in the Regular Season? Is that what you are saying?


Not me - Yahoo ...........yes...........


No, I know it's Yahoo that determines that but I am just trying to learn more about tiebreakers. I also read on a Yahoo Site that if you split head to head vs someone but score more Points (the points category) you win the tiebreaker. Going into this match vs House, I just look at it like I need to win 6-4 or 5-4-1 so it cant be questioned. Last season vs you I knew I had to win 6-4/5-4-1 or you had me.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:36 am

Because of the way the schedule fell, I only played Kenny twice. I beat him 7-3 and he beat me 6-4. I thought he had the tiebreaker because he had the better Regular Season record and we went 1-1 vs each other in matchups but that isn't the case. Because I beat him 7-3 and he only beat me 6-4, they gave it to me from what I am gathering. When I logged on Monday morning and seen they gave me the win, I was stunned. Kenny didn't say shit about it being the great guy he is, but had this been for money he may have questioned it? I would've, this is just for fun but I do take it serious too because I hate losing at anything I do. House of Payne beat me twice, I beat him once in head to head matchups so I know he has the tiebreaker. I have to win 6-4 or 5-4-1 to advance.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:51 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I will say this I am glad House and DNP played this season. It added more competition and Kenny, Rev, and Miles took this serious too, Nuggs is Nuggs as well. I barely squeezed into the Playoffs as I had no room for error. Had Rev tied me 5-5 he would've been in and I won that 6-4. Then Ken and I had a tough battle in Round 1 where it ended 5-5 but luckily I had the tiebreaker. So far in the 3 years I have done this my results look like this:
102-106-2 (21 weeks of play) (lost in Final 4 out of 8 teams)
110-76-4 (19 weeks of play) (won the Championship out of 8 teams), Nuggs and Rev both were really great last season.
86-100-4 (19 weeks of play) (currently in the Final 4 out of 8 teams, result to be determined)
298-282-10
-I have been in the Final 4 every season we have done this. House went 116-73-1 this season, he should beat me realistically but you never know. If I beat him, it would be the equivalent of when the Nuggets beat the Sonics in the 1994 Playoffs when the Nuggets were an 8 Seed and Sonics were a 1.


I am down 7-3 but only down 1 in FTsmade (40-39) and 1 in Rebounding (82-81). House is up 256-242 in Points so that is close as well. I have 10 players playing tonight so we will see. I need those 3 categories or my reign is over. I am looking good in the Turnover, FT%, and 3ptsmade.

*I see Nuggs and DNP are all dead even at 5-5. Nuggs who has the tiebreaker between you 2?


I gained a game but still down 6-4 through Weds. He still has a strangled hold on Points and FTSmade. He has been the best player all season so if I lose I can accept that. Just getting by Kenny was a miracle and has made this run fun. I regret goofing around the 1st 2 weeks and not making any moves because 1 of those losses was to House and I dug myself a hole record wise as well. Starting 6-14 isn't ideal.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:44 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I will say this I am glad House and DNP played this season. It added more competition and Kenny, Rev, and Miles took this serious too, Nuggs is Nuggs as well. I barely squeezed into the Playoffs as I had no room for error. Had Rev tied me 5-5 he would've been in and I won that 6-4. Then Ken and I had a tough battle in Round 1 where it ended 5-5 but luckily I had the tiebreaker. So far in the 3 years I have done this my results look like this:
102-106-2 (21 weeks of play) (lost in Final 4 out of 8 teams)
110-76-4 (19 weeks of play) (won the Championship out of 8 teams), Nuggs and Rev both were really great last season.
86-100-4 (19 weeks of play) (currently in the Final 4 out of 8 teams, result to be determined)
298-282-10
-I have been in the Final 4 every season we have done this. House went 116-73-1 this season, he should beat me realistically but you never know. If I beat him, it would be the equivalent of when the Nuggets beat the Sonics in the 1994 Playoffs when the Nuggets were an 8 Seed and Sonics were a 1.


Going into Friday I am back down 7-3, not looking good for me. House has a stacked lineup so this has been a tough week. I have been inconsistent all season. I do have 10 players playing tonight including Curry so it's not over yet. Nuggs you are 5-5 with DNP and only trail him by .2 in FG%. You have a great shot at knocking him off! You can definitely advance. The Turnover Stat is actually helping you in this Round as that is one of your wins so far.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby NuggetsCountry » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:52 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I will say this I am glad House and DNP played this season. It added more competition and Kenny, Rev, and Miles took this serious too, Nuggs is Nuggs as well. I barely squeezed into the Playoffs as I had no room for error. Had Rev tied me 5-5 he would've been in and I won that 6-4. Then Ken and I had a tough battle in Round 1 where it ended 5-5 but luckily I had the tiebreaker. So far in the 3 years I have done this my results look like this:
102-106-2 (21 weeks of play) (lost in Final 4 out of 8 teams)
110-76-4 (19 weeks of play) (won the Championship out of 8 teams), Nuggs and Rev both were really great last season.
86-100-4 (19 weeks of play) (currently in the Final 4 out of 8 teams, result to be determined)
298-282-10
-I have been in the Final 4 every season we have done this. House went 116-73-1 this season, he should beat me realistically but you never know. If I beat him, it would be the equivalent of when the Nuggets beat the Sonics in the 1994 Playoffs when the Nuggets were an 8 Seed and Sonics were a 1.


Going into Friday I am back down 7-3, not looking good for me. House has a stacked lineup so this has been a tough week. I have been inconsistent all season. I do have 10 players playing tonight including Curry so it's not over yet. Nuggs you are 5-5 with DNP and only trail him by .2 in FG%. You have a great shot at knocking him off! You can definitely advance. The Turnover Stat is actually helping you in this Round as that is one of your wins so far.


He is wily with his adds, so I can't beat him at that which is my normal advantage. A lot of hoping and wishing will be the only way to get him. MyPts studs have had OK games, but not the huge games they normally have. I need to find a way to get back Pts and keep my lead in Rebounds, plus get lucky on shooting %. I am done on steals & 3s. TOs would be a bonus, but I am playing some TO machines the rest of the way, so it may come down to the last game to get my 6-4 or 5-4-1. Some last second DNPs have hurt my usual stats this week. I hope Westbrook plays Sunday with 30-15-15!
Image :yeahthat:
User avatar
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin
 
Posts: 389
{ IMAGES }: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:53 am
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:00 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I will say this I am glad House and DNP played this season. It added more competition and Kenny, Rev, and Miles took this serious too, Nuggs is Nuggs as well. I barely squeezed into the Playoffs as I had no room for error. Had Rev tied me 5-5 he would've been in and I won that 6-4. Then Ken and I had a tough battle in Round 1 where it ended 5-5 but luckily I had the tiebreaker. So far in the 3 years I have done this my results look like this:
102-106-2 (21 weeks of play) (lost in Final 4 out of 8 teams)
110-76-4 (19 weeks of play) (won the Championship out of 8 teams), Nuggs and Rev both were really great last season.
86-100-4 (19 weeks of play) (currently in the Final 4 out of 8 teams, result to be determined)
298-282-10
-I have been in the Final 4 every season we have done this. House went 116-73-1 this season, he should beat me realistically but you never know. If I beat him, it would be the equivalent of when the Nuggets beat the Sonics in the 1994 Playoffs when the Nuggets were an 8 Seed and Sonics were a 1.


Going into Friday I am back down 7-3, not looking good for me. House has a stacked lineup so this has been a tough week. I have been inconsistent all season. I do have 10 players playing tonight including Curry so it's not over yet. Nuggs you are 5-5 with DNP and only trail him by .2 in FG%. You have a great shot at knocking him off! You can definitely advance. The Turnover Stat is actually helping you in this Round as that is one of your wins so far.


He is wily with his adds, so I can't beat him at that which is my normal advantage. A lot of hoping and wishing will be the only way to get him. MyPts studs have had OK games, but not the huge games they normally have. I need to find a way to get back Pts and keep my lead in Rebounds, plus get lucky on shooting %. I am done on steals & 3s. TOs would be a bonus, but I am playing some TO machines the rest of the way, so it may come down to the last game to get my 6-4 or 5-4-1. Some last second DNPs have hurt my usual stats this week. I hope Westbrook plays Sunday with 30-15-15!


Yep. Sometimes it's not even about adding a bunch of players. You have to be smart about it as you know. Like go for good FG% guys if they are on the waiver wire with that category being 50/50, sometimes playing less guys helps you win the Turnover category too. Your chances are a lot better than mine. House has such a stacked lineup that at this point I am just playing 10 players a night no matter what to build my stats up.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:48 am

House has a great mix of players much like I had last season. He has his Curry in K Leonard who has had a career season, he also has Lillard, Wall, Hayward, Love is back now too for him. He has Gobert too who is a monster on the Boards and Blocks. I had around 6 or 7 players last season that never let me down as well in Curry, Greek Freak, I Thomas, Irving, Crawford, Aldridge, and M. Turner.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:06 pm

I am right back in this thing with 2 days left, only down 6-4 now. I just cant seem to pass House in FT'smade and Points, both categories are winnable. I need both to win.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:08 am

It seems that spending a lot more time adding/swapping players on an almost daily basis is the way to get ahead in this thing, I really haven't done much else but start my active players and replace for injuries. Next season I will devote much more time to maximizing my daily active roster -- and no more auto draft, I'm doing my homework like I did in the first season so I can find hidden gems like Oladipo.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 159 times
Been thanked: 299 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:51 am

lakerevolution wrote:It seems that spending a lot more time adding/swapping players on an almost daily basis is the way to get ahead in this thing, I really haven't done much else but start my active players and replace for injuries. Next season I will devote much more time to maximizing my daily active roster -- and no more auto draft, I'm doing my homework like I did in the first season so I can find hidden gems like Oladipo.


I have done the AutoDraft all 3 seasons. I trust Yahoo being my GM is how I treat it, then I just Coach and make adjustments, and pickups trying to add extra players to build my Stats. You will always get at least 1 Elite player with only 8 persons playing so I just let Yahoo pick my team. I have had damn good success as I have noted with my 298-282-10 record and have been in the Final 4 all 3 years + a Championship in season 2. It doesn't look like I am going to beat House but I managed my lineup much better last season and took it serious from Week 1. Nuggs was unbeatable last season and IMO was better than House is now. Nuggs won 120 games last season and was spanking everyone. I had to be perfect to beat him in the Finals as he even had the tiebreaker. It was just one of those things where I was beating him to the waiver wire last season at times and I had a perfect mix of players. I had limited injuries too, a lot of this is luck. This season the waiver wire has sucked and Curry hasn't been near what he was last season. Going into the final match with Nuggs last season I had Curry, I Thomas, Greek Freak, Irving, Crawford, Aldridge, and M. Turner. I had 7 healthy guys that were killing it. All I had to really do was beat Nuggs to the waiver wire and add 2 players each day that could give me extra needed numbers.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:56 am

I got wiped out last night by an ALL-TIMER game by Booker! No way to come back from his leads. I also got zero games from a couple of players that actually were in games!!!!

I even got beat to Reddick last night, as I actually slept thru the night which is rare for me. Had it all teed up but lost out with sleep.

I am toast for this season. :fanshithit:

Good luck to the rest of ya! :xclaphands:
Image :yeahthat:
User avatar
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin
 
Posts: 389
{ IMAGES }: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:53 am
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:01 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:I got wiped out last night by an ALL-TIMER game by Booker! No way to come back from his leads. I also got zero games from a couple of players that actually were in games!!!!

I even got beat to Reddick last night, as I actually slept thru the night which is rare for me. Had it all teed up but lost out with sleep.

I am toast for this season. :fanshithit:

Good luck to the rest of ya! :xclaphands:


I am toast as well. The newcomers stole the show on us this week it looks like. I cant get over the hump in the FTsmade or Points category and House also has the tiebreaker. I actually picked up Reddick but it wont do me any good. Kenny beat me to Barton the other day which screwed my waiver wire rhythm up. Booker scoring 70 Points and making all of those FT's is a killer for you, that is nuts and bad luck.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:49 am

Yeah I am toast. Down big in several categories heading into the last day. I have 12 players playing tonight but it doesn't look like it will matter. Just didn't have the firepower to take out House, he has been the best player all season so congrats to him. I had a hell of run by winning the Championship last season over Nuggs and then edging out Rev to make the Playoffs this season and nipping Kenny to advance to the Final 4 and go deep to defend. It just wasn't in the cards for me this season to win it all. The newcomers have come in and have really played well, not much else I can say.

*Nuggs if we play each other next (which we will if you lose) I don't even really care about who gets 3rd or 4th place so I probably wont give much effort next week. Just letting you know, I'll set my lineups and that is it. To me losing in the Final 4 is losing in the Final 4, once I am out of the Championship Bracket it's over for me.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:19 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Yeah I am toast. Down big in several categories heading into the last day. I have 12 players playing tonight but it doesn't look like it will matter. Just didn't have the firepower to take out House, he has been the best player all season so congrats to him. I had a hell of run by winning the Championship last season over Nuggs and then edging out Rev to make the Playoffs this season and nipping Kenny to advance to the Final 4 and go deep to defend. It just wasn't in the cards for me this season to win it all. The newcomers have come in and have really played well, not much else I can say.

*Nuggs if we play each other next (which we will if you lose) I don't even really care about who gets 3rd or 4th place so I probably wont give much effort next week. Just letting you know, I'll set my lineups and that is it. To me losing in the Final 4 is losing in the Final 4, once I am out of the Championship Bracket it's over for me.


Same here. I did us a solid if you care, which is unlimited changes....................... I am trying one last suicide dive for both leagues, but have really no chance in either, unless one of my opponents sits DNP (none scheduled yet) or tanks a game...................like my F-in players have recently! :dedhors:
Image :yeahthat:
User avatar
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin
 
Posts: 389
{ IMAGES }: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:53 am
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:41 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Yeah I am toast. Down big in several categories heading into the last day. I have 12 players playing tonight but it doesn't look like it will matter. Just didn't have the firepower to take out House, he has been the best player all season so congrats to him. I had a hell of run by winning the Championship last season over Nuggs and then edging out Rev to make the Playoffs this season and nipping Kenny to advance to the Final 4 and go deep to defend. It just wasn't in the cards for me this season to win it all. The newcomers have come in and have really played well, not much else I can say.

*Nuggs if we play each other next (which we will if you lose) I don't even really care about who gets 3rd or 4th place so I probably wont give much effort next week. Just letting you know, I'll set my lineups and that is it. To me losing in the Final 4 is losing in the Final 4, once I am out of the Championship Bracket it's over for me.


Same here. I did us a solid if you care, which is unlimited changes....................... I am trying one last suicide dive for both leagues, but have really no chance in either, unless one of my opponents sits DNP (none scheduled yet) or tanks a game...................like my F-in players have recently! :dedhors:


I honestly didn't notice has I had a few moves available anyway and our opponents have the same advantage so I am ok with it. Only regret I have is, I should've took this more serious from Week 1. First 2 weeks I was just setting my lineup and not stacking my Roster with wire pickups. I underestimated what House could do and I was just confident in my ability to manage a team after last season so I wasn't really worried about him. I dug myself a hole as he blew me out in Week 1
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests