Fantasy Basketball League

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Serves me right for getting rid of Kobe after 3 seasons of FBB - he goes off tonight, which woulda got me points. oh well :pullhair:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:08 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:Serves me right for getting rid of Kobe after 3 seasons of FBB - he goes off tonight, which woulda got me points. oh well :pullhair:

Congrats on a great series/week Nuggs. That perhaps may very well be one of the closest and best showdowns in Fantasy history. Most categories were close, you killed me in Rebounds but I pretty much put my chips all in and went for Assists/FG%/FT%/FT'SMade/and 3'sMade. Shockingly I lost the 3'sMade category but you had 2 more Turnovers than I did and that was the difference. Basically I won by 2 Turnovers 132-134. I was thinking the same thing about you not playing Kobe. You love him more than anyone but didn't play him, had you played him you would've beat me in the Points category. Curry came up huge with 39 tonight and that was enough. Scott decided not to play Lou Williams either. I put a lot of time and effort into this all season and made all kinds of moves, some right at 12am, etc.. I wanted to win this Fantasy League badly and I know how much effort you put into it. You had made a ton of great moves all year long and were just thrashing people LOL. I feel very lucky to win this and got gifted Steph Curry by the Fantasy Gods through the Draft. My big3 of Curry, Thomas, and GreekFreak came through bigtime over the weekend. To be able to beat Rev and then you to win this feels unreal because Rev even took this somewhat serious. I still cant believe I beat you as I thought you were unbeatable, hell you have been unbeatable for nearly 2 fuckin years. Anyway it's time to celebrate my Ring. :LOBtrophy:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:03 pm

I tip my Laker hat to you 2

:cheers:
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:23 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:I tip my Laker hat to you 2

:cheers:

Thanks Craig. I had fun with this but had a lot of time to invest in this which helps. I thought for sure I was screwed once Kyrie pulled his little act and wanted to sit LOL (because of the Points category). I am extremely lucky Nuggs didn't play Kobe but it's not his fault that he didn't because Kobe has been Bad lately. I would've done same thing Nuggs did to be honest. I still cant believe I won this, Nuggs is the Michael Jordan of Fantasy Basketball! Guy never loses.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:56 pm

I took it very seriously! My first fuckup was not manual-drafting Curry, but I really thought Unibrow would be super-solid all year. My other starters and bench/utility was good enough to win most of the time but not nearly as talented and solid as you and Nuggs' lineups. I'm pretty happy to come in 3rd, since it looked like Kenny would heat up and upset somebody at the end there. Congrats, and now you hold the crown royal until next season!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:27 am

lakerevolution wrote:I took it very seriously! My first fuckup was not manual-drafting Curry, but I really thought Unibrow would be super-solid all year. My other starters and bench/utility was good enough to win most of the time but not nearly as talented and solid as you and Nuggs' lineups. I'm pretty happy to come in 3rd, since it looked like Kenny would heat up and upset somebody at the end there. Congrats, and now you hold the crown royal until next season!

Thanks Rev. Yeah I didn't want to come off sounding cocky and say something like, Rev took this serious and I still beat him. I never doubt your passion for winning. Coming in 3rd is still Very Good. That is what I finished last season and I thought it was GREAT finishing behind the mighty Nuggs and Craig LOL. Craig damn near beat Nuggs last season too so we have competitive guys in here. Hey Kenny, time to step your game up brother haha, 2 seasons now and no Top 3's? - I am just fucking with you. I don't even know how serious Ken takes this, probably not much because it's just Brethren involved and no money involved, etc. but I really wanted to win this just for bragging rights in here. I know Nuggs did and Rev did, but others didn't seem like it.

Rev, if I would've manually Drafted and had the #1 pick I would've took Durant so I got lucky in a way I guess. I still think with Durant I may have won this though, he has had some huge games. I wouldn't of taken LeBron or AD. I would've went Durant, Curry, LeBron, AD, Westbrook. AD for some reason cant stay healthy. Westbrook has been a Fantasy League beauty!
3Peatkb24

Post Mortem of 2015-16 Fantasy Basketball League

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:23 am

Well, my players fucked me with twice their averages of TOs all on the same day! LOL Whatever - 3Peat got a well deserved victory once KD did a DNP earlier in the week that I scrambled all week to recover from.

So, several things became obvious to me while running/playing this year:
1. The League is only fun when everyone puts some effort into it.
2. Autodraft penalizes serious manual draft folks, partly because of #1.
3. 2 changouts a day is a good number for serious managers.
4. The zero wait for FAs works just like any NBA team - if someone is available, anybody can sign him without waiting.
5. The midnight Pacific time day change sucks for normal shift managers.
6. The 2 IR roster slots I added this year worked well for those who chose to use them

So, next year, to gain serious players only we can either play for money (yuk), or the league commissioner can just throw teams out after the draft that are not run actively, and put those players back into the FA pool. One of the problems is that we had only half of the League that even pretended to make an effort to run their team. Several teams did not even set daily lineups, which takes me exactly 5 minutes or less each Sunday evening!! I heard complaints about it being more active than Fantasy Football per game. Well, yeah, they play over 5 times as many games as football. When we have half the league who won't run players in and out of the FA pool, we get the same predictable trash on the wire for active managers to choose from. When we get serious injury situations at the top tier of the available NBA pool, then the daily FA pool has only 3rd and 4th string players available consistently (think Sacre as your option to pickup rebounds for example, which means you can literally throw a dart at the FA board and get anybody of any stat, because they all suck.)

So, I dislike autodraft and will change that, so the whole league can manual draft at a time all can participate or else the managers will just have to take whatever is left on the wire once the rest of us have chosen, or whatever Yahoo option is closest to that. That way we won't get lineups stuck with players that others could use by the luck of some autodraft algorithm. I mean seriously, if we are going to have managers disinterested in setting lineups or drafting, then we may just as well have zero bench and zero FAs for the whole year, and we can just let the luck of the season dictate who wins - no skill or thought involved.

If I can change the daily time change I will to mid day or something everyone can do in normal waking hours. 1 AM doesn't work for me; even worse 3 AM for East coast folks.

I will either set the league up as a paying league or figure out a way to eliminate teams that are inactive for no good reason after 2 weeks (vacation & hospital or life events excuses accepted). I even tried the trade route, but got no response from anybody I sent out a proposed trade from!! So, I'll take over as commissioner any trade proposals and take away league approval for them, since most don't even look at whatever bogus emails they signed up with! I know they are bogus, as rarely do I get a response from a League email blast about anything! So, once we get rid of non-managing managers, the rest of us can have fun.

I even did favors for several managers during the early season by setting their lineups. Once we discussed this on our blog, I stayed away from that. Next year I will just eliminate that team after (2?) weeks unexcused inactivity and put their players back in the pool, for the rest of the active managers to pick over. That may mean we either eliminate non-serious managers with a buy in or expand to 12 teams, just figuring we will kick out half, or both.

If we can avoid the last month of the season where Pop rules are being implemented more and more; ie. DNP-rests, then I will. It sucks to have a lineup to count on and some fucking asshole coach decides to sit (Lou Williams or KD) without any warning on Rotowire or anywhere else, so a manager has no opportunity to react.

Having a long waiting period (days!?!?) for each manager to rotate through to pickup a FA seems absurd. Maybe Yahoo has reasonable options for FAs in terms of hours that we could use, I just don't know right now, because they have turned all the options off for our league to see. I will check it out next season, if I even am doing the NBA now that Kobe is done and the Lakers are shitty as they have ever been without any hope minus a total FO changout.

Anyway, suggestions welcome, as usual. I will weight them according to manager activity level for the past 3 seasons, of course.

:pissedkobe:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:35 am

Nuggs, I think you should keep everything the same except just allow people to add 2 players a day off the waiver wire because generally there will be 4 or 5 good choices. That a way someone like you or me cant get on right at midnight and stack our lineups haha. I don't want to play for money although it would be fun but then you have to deal with trying to collect monies, etc.. I think the only problem Craig had was he felt like the waiver wire wasn't fair because it is first come, first serve basis. I am sure Rev will take it serious next season so if Craig does too that gives us 4 players right there that will be highly competitive. If I talk enough shit to get Ken riled up he will take it serious too :waaaaa: I personally love the Auto-Draft, it's not because it worked out for me this season but it's convenient for everyone and easy. Next season it will probably give someone else Curry or Durant but who knows what will happen next season? Westbrook or AD may have MVP type seasons instead.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:48 am

The reason auto-draft works is because it is a fair predictor of how much production you can expect from a player on average over the course of a season. Curry played better than expected (even for an MVP) and AD was hampered by injuries, so you can't predict those real-life things in a fantasy situation but as first rounds turn into third and fourth rounds, auto-draft takes care of distributing lesser-known bench/utility talent that many active fantasy mgrs. may not know about. It helps to do your homework on each teams' 2nd string/6th man and if the player's career stats are trending up or down as well. And of course you can do all that and still lose. But heck yeah I'm in either way -- if the Lakers were a top-4 seed we'd likely be too immersed in that to care about this stuff, so it is what it is.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:09 am

Nuggs after you won last season did you join other leagues and compete? I kept getting e-mails after I won this season to join other leagues for big money. I didn't play after our league but I was wondering if you have?
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon May 30, 2016 11:46 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Nuggs after you won last season did you join other leagues and compete? I kept getting e-mails after I won this season to join other leagues for big money. I didn't play after our league but I was wondering if you have?

Nope - only did ours, but may branch out next year..............
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 30, 2016 12:38 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Nuggs after you won last season did you join other leagues and compete? I kept getting e-mails after I won this season to join other leagues for big money. I didn't play after our league but I was wondering if you have?

Nope - only did ours, but may branch out next year..............

Yeah I didn't bother with it either. I enjoyed our battle as that shit came down 2 Turnovers. I was nervous as hell. I thought you had it. I never thought I could have that much fun while eating Tums at the same time LOL.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:35 am

I have set our league up again for renewal. I also sent emails to all of you who actively participated last year and asked whether or not you want to participate. Email-Answer me in the next two weeks or I will drop your team and find someone else who wants to actively play.

Draft is tentatively set up for Oct 23 at 3 PM MDT. We can change it if we can't get live draft times coordinated.
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:05 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:I have set our league up again for renewal. I also sent emails to all of you who actively participated last year and asked whether or not you want to participate. Email-Answer me in the next two weeks or I will drop your team and find someone else who wants to actively play.

Draft is tentatively set up for Oct 23 at 3 PM MDT. We can change it if we can't get live draft times coordinated.

I am in, have to defend my Championship :LOBtrophy: I know you are out for blood now. I just hope more people take it serious other than you, Rev, and I. It was still fun because Rev was the wildcard in the whole thing meaning we had at least a 3rd person to worry about. Rev beat me a couple of times last season. So far our history shows:
2015 Nuggets over Craig in the Finals (3Peat finished 3rd) - 8 total players
2016 3Peat over Nuggets in the Finals (Rev finished 3rd) - 8 total players
2017?
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:35 pm

Only 3Peat & me so far! :nervousalot:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin