Fantasy Basketball League

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:19 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:Welcome to our new manager, Miles. Rev's son. GDUB was not managing, so I thought bringing in an interested manager was the thing to do.

WELCOME Miles! :clap-1:

I thought Miles was a member here but I don't see his name. So is Gdub no longer Coach? This might be the first time in Fantasy sports where I seen a Coach get fired. Miles has a huge hole to climb out of at 30-60 but with you making it 6 teams get in the Playoffs he could maybe get that 6th Seed. Who knows? I am currently up 6-4 playing that team right now and looking pretty good despite Curry being out but some of the categories are close.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:22 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:

This might be the first time in Fantasy sports where a Coach get fired. Miles has a huge hole to climb out of at 30-60 but with you making it 6 teams get in the Playoffs he could maybe get that 6th Seed.

:HNY3: :waaaaa: :weakout:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:41 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

This might be the first time in Fantasy sports where a Coach get fired. Miles has a huge hole to climb out of at 30-60 but with you making it 6 teams get in the Playoffs he could maybe get that 6th Seed.

:HNY3: :waaaaa: :weakout:

Yeah Miles has his work cut out for him taking over that mess but I have already seen he has made a few GM moves, he has already cut 4 guys and added 4 new ones. Kid is cleaning house! At least this gives us another person that will be competitive too. I added Carroll and Oladipo this morning and both kicked butt tonight! Sucks Bledsoe is out for the year but the way Dipo played tonight he made up for my loss. As of now I am up 7-3. I would like to win 8-2 just because Nuggs seems to do that every week and I would like to re-catch him. Getting the #1 Seed isn't really a top priority but it would be cool to have + it would give me the tiebreaker over Nuggs so in a 5-5 match I would win. Last season Nuggs beat me 5-5 in the Playoffs and because he had the better Regular Season record he got the win and moved on.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:14 am

Oladipo was available? I had him on my team two years ago (his rookie season) and he was quality - wouldn't mind him coming out to join us off the bench.
lakerevolution

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:25 am

lakerevolution wrote:Oladipo was available? I had him on my team two years ago (his rookie season) and he was quality - wouldn't mind him coming out to join us off the bench.

I have had Oladipo the past 2 years off and on. I watched him this year while I had him on my squad and he has now just taken to sitting at the weak side 3 pt line and not being aggressive. The result was bad % and lower stats, so I dropped him, for an occassional add on a daily basis. There are lots of daily add folks out there if you have expendables and an eye for what is available at that time. Same for Carroll - same perimeter standing around, as the team goes into strong side stuff most games. Have to watch who is hot to find some gems. Porzingas was hot early for me, now not so much. I keep Kobe for sentimental reasons, but he costs me categories every week.................

Miles should have fun smokin' us old folks! :geezer:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:45 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
NuggetsCountry wrote:Welcome to our new manager, Miles. Rev's son. GDUB was not managing, so I thought bringing in an interested manager was the thing to do.

I thought Miles was a member here but I don't see his name. So is Gdub no longer Coach? This might be the first time in Fantasy sports where I seen a Coach get fired. Miles has a huge hole to climb out of at 30-60 but with you making it 6 teams get in the Playoffs he could maybe get that 6th Seed. Who knows? I am currently up 6-4 playing that team right now and looking pretty good despite Curry being out but some of the categories are close.

What happened was I had been begging everyone to set their lineups for weeks, as you who are in the league know, by my emails. Sometimes I set lineups for people just to keep the league competitive, but without any real GM moves (no drop/adds). I noticed how Gdub was posting everywhere every day, so I knew he was around, online, but just never took any interest in adjusting his lineup. So, when I got back from the hospital (hip surgery), I found an old email where Rev was asking about his son participating, and thought it a great manager swap. G can't mind, as he never did anything, and it will be nice to add to the family, so to speak. Miles may kick our ass however, but I'll try to keep up. Anyway, there are others who aren't participating, like Robert & Frank, but post here & Facebook, so he gets a pass, in my book. I'll keep adjusting rosters when I think about it, but would rather just step back and do nothing for all the other teams.

It is kind of odd......last year I could pick up some gems every day, but there are rarely anybody available of significance, this year, so I use a different strategy is needed for half of my roster that is mediocre............
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:19 pm

I gave Miles a tutorial on the hows and whys of swapping under-performing or oft-injured players out and how to set his weekly roster from Mon-Sun, so hopefully he can climb into 6th place by the end of the 20-week season. He won't catch much of a break this week vs. 3Peat but nevertheless he should be able to overcome the inactives. Great learning experience for him!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:39 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

What happened was I had been begging everyone to set their lineups for weeks, as you who are in the league know, by my emails. Sometimes I set lineups for people just to keep the league competitive, but without any real GM moves (no drop/adds). I noticed how Gdub was posting everywhere every day, so I knew he was around, online, but just never took any interest in adjusting his lineup. So, when I got back from the hospital (hip surgery), I found an old email where Rev was asking about his son participating, and thought it a great manager swap. G can't mind, as he never did anything, and it will be nice to add to the family, so to speak. Miles may kick our ass however, but I'll try to keep up. Anyway, there are others who aren't participating, like Robert & Frank, but post here & Facebook, so he gets a pass, in my book. I'll keep adjusting rosters when I think about it, but would rather just step back and do nothing for all the other teams.

It is kind of odd......last year I could pick up some gems every day, but there are rarely anybody available of significance, this year, so I use a different strategy is needed for half of my roster that is mediocre............

I have noticed also there isn't much out there at times. Kind of inconsistent talent out there so I am afraid to drop someone good for a day or 2 just to try a quick fix so I can win a certain week bigger by more points, a 7-3 win instead of a 6-4 isn't worth it. Then someone else steal my good player off of waivers. I couldn't believe Dipo and Carroll both were there so that was perfect for me because I needed to drop Bledsoe because of injury and Allen wasn't doing much either. Dipo had 20 Points for me last night and Carrol 14. Both are finally healthy so it was perfect timing for me that they were there. People just have to look for small gems and take a chance on those players. I have made roughly about 20 moves I think which is 2 a week on average, so I adjust casually but smartly. Tonight I have a stacked lineup going. Regarding the people that don't set their lineups or make moves, that is on them Nuggs is the way I look at it. If I enter a league I am going to at least try. Why even play if you are going to roll over and kicked basically. It takes 10 minutes out of one's day to set a lineup and make a pickup or drop. I am not buying people being too busy is to why they cant make a move or 2 or set their lineup when the same people Post over at Tom's or on Facebook a bunch. I think Kenny and Craig will take it more serious soon. My thinking is they just want to make the Playoffs and they will more than likely.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:05 pm

Nuggs

You do know I just added Blake Griffin don't you and dropped Roy Hibbert. Griffin was there, had to do it. He should be back in a week or 2. He's injured right now but not out for the season. Last week I added Collison on Sunday which I assured me at least a tie against Rev, now Blake falls in my lap. Here in a couple of weeks I am going to have an all-star lineup if everyone stays healthy. I got Curry back tonight, still only up 6-4 on Miles but it's a solid 6 at least so it should be a win. After tomorrow halfway through = 100 games, I will Post full standings after tomorrow's play. It looks like Nuggs will hang on to #1 over me but not by much. There isn't very many games tomorrow. I hate the Clippers but I'll take Blake anyday on my Fantasy team. He could be one of the deciding factors come Playoff time in our league.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:50 pm

Curry re-injures self. Shin, I hope it's not too bad. Damn just now watching that game and without Curry the Warriors collapse blowing a 26 point lead. It's 102-102 going to OT!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:02 pm

Nuggs good luck this week. You are 67-33 and I am 64-35-1. I have a stacked lineup tonight but not sure if Curry will play?? You may beat me this week because my main guy is injured. I also picked up Blake but he is still out until probably next week sometime. I should've won my last match 7-3 but lost 104-103 in FT's made. By 1 freakin FT LOL. Still won 6-4. My weekly matches show as:
9-1 over Frank (W)
3-7 LOSS to Rev (L)
7-3 over GDub (W)
5-5 TIE to Nuggs (T)
9-1 over Kenny (W)
7-2-1 over Craig (W)
7-3 over Robert (W)
6-4 over Frank (W)
5-5 TIE to Rev (T)
6-4 over MIles (W)
Overall record = 7-1-2, Rev is still my only loss in Week 2
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:27 pm

yeah............I should have got another category last week, but the absence of Kobe and my waiver pickups who were steals guys did nothing, so I lost that category I shoulda had...........

The Blake pickup was one I could have had right away but left him out there, as I wanted Miles to take him back - rookie error on his part. Same reason I left Favors alone. Rev's a really good guy, I have met, and his son looks like a fine young man, who would be a welcome addition to our gang. The waiver wire has really bad choices, and I have left off some that I used for special categories but are now owned by others. Mostly those guys were net negatives for me for one reason or another, or just too inconsistent. I have basically KD and a bunch of mediocre guys who may or may not get me something sometime, but the hard work finding gems of last year is way more hit and miss this year. I picked up Will Barton on a hunch a couple of good games who has worked out so far, but everyone is very much a roller coaster ride on my roster, which is why I dumped Williams, Carroll, and Oladipo. Porzingas has run outta gas........ Curry is like the magic fantasy player when uninjured. KD has not really put up full fantasy numbers like one would hope or even play every game, so I have to keep trying to maximize my guesswork each week. This week will be impossible if Curry and Blake play. It is still fun...........I just want to see Kobe come back OK and play most games through the year is about all I care about.

It would be fun to get everyone together and see Kobe one last time somewhere. I may take a gamble that Kobe will play in the Pepsi Center game in March. May even be worth a plane ticket to LA if we could get good seats to a winnable game. I would love to spend the kids' inheritance on courtside seats to see Kobe one last time!
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:23 pm

[quote="NuggetsCountry"]yeah............I should have got another category last week, but the absence of Kobe and my waiver pickups who were steals guys did nothing, so I lost that category I shoulda had...........

The Blake pickup was one I could have had right away but left him out there, as I wanted Miles to take him back - rookie error on his part. Same reason I left Favors alone. Rev's a really good guy, I have met, and his son looks like a fine young man, who would be a welcome addition to our gang. The waiver wire has really bad choices, and I have left off some that I used for special categories but are now owned by others. Mostly those guys were net negatives for me for one reason or another, or just too inconsistent. I have basically KD and a bunch of mediocre guys who may or may not get me something sometime, but the hard work finding gems of last year is way more hit and miss this year. I picked up Will Barton on a hunch a couple of good games who has worked out so far, but everyone is very much a roller coaster ride on my roster, which is why I dumped Williams, Carroll, and Oladipo. Porzingas has run outta gas........ Curry is like the magic fantasy player when uninjured. KD has not really put up full fantasy numbers like one would hope or even play every game, so I have to keep trying to maximize my guesswork each week. This week will be impossible if Curry and Blake play. It is still fun...........I just want to see Kobe come back OK and play most games through the year is about all I care about.

3peat wrote:
I was wondering why you didn't pick up Blake, in a way I kind of feel like giving him back to Miles. I was shocked he was there and almost didn't even pick him up for the same reasons you probably didn't. I figured it was a blunder.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:00 pm

So far Nuggs it's 5-5, Curry did play last night and had a big night. I don't have very many players tonight though so you may take the lead. Curry is playing though.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:04 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:So far Nuggs it's 5-5, Curry did play last night and had a big night. I don't have very many players tonight though so you may take the lead. Curry is playing though.

Pretty hard for me to keep pace with my big guns not even playing this week!! No Whiteside & no KB and KD!! :panic:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk