Fantasy Basketball League

Re: Fantasy Basketball League

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:49 pm

Fantasy Preview from a 3rd person perspective:

The 2 TITANS battling again this week in our Fantasy League! Nuggs, the 2015 Champion takes on the current Champ 3Peat in what should be a fun week. Nuggs is currently in 2nd place and 3Peat moved up to 5th place after last weeks tie vs DNP. In their 1st meeting Nuggs and 3Peat battled to a 5-5 tie but what else is new! The Top 6 teams make the Playoffs so would it be shocking if these 2 end up playing for all the marbles again?
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Watch out . . I'm suddenly alive!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:54 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Watch out . . I'm suddenly alive!

Yes everything is tight, Craig doesn't seem to be into it but who knows he was in the Finals in 2015. I still fear Nuggs the most but that is based on our history. I always love playing him., it feels like a true rivalry to me.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:19 am

Been an interesting week, I have a full lineup tonight and lead Nuggs 7-3. I have no idea why Lou Williams was on the waiver wire, did someone screw up? Anyway I picked him up and a few others for today. If I can hold this lead I will finally be above .500. It took me this long to dig out of my hole I dug because I wasn't into this in the first 2 weeks and got my ass handed to me both weeks falling to 6-14 early. Top 6 is the goal regardless because it gets you into the Playoffs. I have a shot at 2nd though which would be beneficial because of having a BYE week and having the tiebreaker over everyone except the 1st Seed when it comes to the Playoffs, House is running away with that. I would hate to lose with the score 5-5.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:49 pm

I can't explain this recent resurgence - I haven't been paying too much attention to the day-to-day, but my entire squad has been healthy for weeks now, which is nice. I can still make a run at the top 4 if I stay healthy!

I have NO games Monday - so 3peat you're going to have an advantage over me . . in fact it looks like a light week for me, so you may get this one easily.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:25 am

lakerevolution wrote:I can't explain this recent resurgence - I haven't been paying too much attention to the day-to-day, but my entire squad has been healthy for weeks now, which is nice. I can still make a run at the top 4 if I stay healthy!

I have NO games Monday - so 3peat you're going to have an advantage over me . . in fact it looks like a light week for me, so you may get this one easily.

Lately your original lineup has been healthy and playing well, that really helps when you don't make any moves. I don't know about easily? Usually you and I play to ties, etc.. I did beat Nuggs 6-4 but I made a ton of moves and I don't think he made any.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:59 am

I have to admit, I am barely interested in basketball post-Kobe. Major health events and craziness since Thanksgiving have left me with not much energy to make moves. That combined with a mediocre team at best, except RW makes it hard to get moving. I have noted that my second tier players have been DNPs for weeks at a time, and those formerly steady players like Whiteside are not all that. The categories I ruled for years are my worst, and since they are ME, it is discouraging (rebound+blocks). The waiver wire has almost nobody worth swapping out anymore with any confidence. I did the Russel for Williams thing and it worked out for one game. I saw where the Lakers are going to play Williams less and maybe even trade him, so I thought it best to take a runner. It will come down to players health, IMO. I haven't really examined other teams like I did in the past, to beat them weekly. Doesn't seem to matter who one picks up on the wire - they just tank the next game. Player-games per week isn't even doing it. Too many wild scoring episodes from unpredictable sources, so points is always a crap shoot. I continue my pattern of losing % and TOs. I'm never sure how to turn that around.

Bottom line is that positions #2 to #7 are within one week of swapping places. Looks like HoP will run away with it, whoever he is. I should take a look at his team to see who he has that keeps him winning................... I did try to make some moves last week, just to give 3Peat a run, but could barely hold onto 4 categories. I am happy to see more teams being managed than the past 2 years though! Keep up the good work!

Health update: I just got the word from my surgeon that I can start to put weight on my hip repair. 7 weeks on crutches as of today, One crutch for 2 weeks, then maybe a cane, but the ice under the snow makes everything treacherous for a gimp like me. Working towards birthday 68............ :geezer:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:20 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:I have to admit, I am barely interested in basketball post-Kobe. Major health events and craziness since Thanksgiving have left me with not much energy to make moves. That combined with a mediocre team at best, except RW makes it hard to get moving. I have noted that my second tier players have been DNPs for weeks at a time, and those formerly steady players like Whiteside are not all that. The categories I ruled for years are my worst, and since they are ME, it is discouraging (rebound+blocks). The waiver wire has almost nobody worth swapping out anymore with any confidence. I did the Russel for Williams thing and it worked out for one game. I saw where the Lakers are going to play Williams less and maybe even trade him, so I thought it best to take a runner. It will come down to players health, IMO. I haven't really examined other teams like I did in the past, to beat them weekly. Doesn't seem to matter who one picks up on the wire - they just tank the next game. Player-games per week isn't even doing it. Too many wild scoring episodes from unpredictable sources, so points is always a crap shoot. I continue my pattern of losing % and TOs. I'm never sure how to turn that around.

Bottom line is that positions #2 to #7 are within one week of swapping places. Looks like HoP will run away with it, whoever he is. I should take a look at his team to see who he has that keeps him winning................... I did try to make some moves last week, just to give 3Peat a run, but could barely hold onto 4 categories. I am happy to see more teams being managed than the past 2 years though! Keep up the good work!

Health update: I just got the word from my surgeon that I can start to put weight on my hip repair. 7 weeks on crutches as of today, One crutch for 2 weeks, then maybe a cane, but the ice under the snow makes everything treacherous for a gimp like me. Working towards birthday 68............ :geezer:

Glad to see you Post Nuggs and nice to hear you are doing ok. Yeah this season regarding our league is very competitive. The waiver wire is a crapshoot I agree, I keep swapping out players daily except for Curry, Butler, Melo, Lopez, and Adams. Everyone else is expendable on my Roster daily. I don't have near the team I had last season but still have enough to possibly win it again. House of Payne is very strong but I just beat him recently so he is beatable. Rev beat him as well. As long as I finish in the Top 6 I am good with it because that gets me into the Playoffs. I am currently 5th.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:53 am

So bottom two (7th and 8th) miss the playoffs altogether? I can't remember how it goes except that the top two get a bye. Yeah House Of Payne has been proposing trades with me all season - mainly some ludicrous stuff that would only make his team better. Fuhhggeeddabouttit!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:37 am

lakerevolution wrote:So bottom two (7th and 8th) miss the playoffs altogether? I can't remember how it goes except that the top two get a bye. Yeah House Of Payne has been proposing trades with me all season - mainly some ludicrous stuff that would only make his team better. Fuhhggeeddabouttit!

Yeah Top 2 get BYE's then 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5. 7 and 8 are shit out of luck.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:03 pm

As of now I am up 9-1 on Craig, if it holds up I will move way up in the standings. I am up big in every category as of now but will lose the TO's category more than likely. Rev beat me pretty good last week.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:33 pm

I didn't set my lineup two days this week :pullhair: and gave my son a huge advantage . . I guess that's me being a good father :willie:

I've been on a good roll tho and I expect to make the playoffs, where ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!! :silly3:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:06 am

lakerevolution wrote:I didn't set my lineup two days this week :pullhair: and gave my son a huge advantage . . I guess that's me being a good father :willie:

I've been on a good roll tho and I expect to make the playoffs, where ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!! :silly3:

Your son is sitting in a good position as of now. He is on pace to get the #2 Seed. After this week I will move up to 4th if everything holds serve but it changes from week to week. I will finally be over .500 for the 1st time this season if I can hold my 8-2 lead over the mighty Craig. I needed a week like this because I have had some weeks where I have had my ass handed to me. My team last season was much better so this has been a tougher challenge to keep pace with everyone. I have Curry again but he was better last season, the rest of my team is inconsistent this season. What won it for me last season was my Guard play with Bledsoe early on, Curry, and Isiah Thomas all season. I rarely lost in 3's made, FT%, FG%, FTM, Points. I had 5 categories won going into every game last season pretty much with my game plan. If I won the Turnover battle than it would be a clear cut win usually. If I won Steals or Assists than it was a rap for sure. I used small ball and won = shooting 3's, FTM, FT%, FG% which gave me a lot of Points. I rarely won in Blocks or Rebounds, had to sacrifice those. Reason I beat Nuggs in the Finals was I won the Turnover battle by 1 and won my normal 5 categories.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:05 am

Stephen Cuuuuuuurrrrry! At least I have this when I go BacktoBack :pissedkobe:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:46 am

This Fantasy League is very competitive and fun. I am holding on to 5th place at the moment but 3-7 is up in the air.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk