Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:41 am

My best's:
Batman - Me of course but actually Christian Bale
Superman - Christopher Reeve
Spider-Man - Tobey Maguire and MJ played by Kristen Dunst
Hulk - Lou Ferrigno (oldschool)
Wonder Woman - Gal Gadot is perfect!

-Thoughts?

I came home from work tonight and had a BAT in the house, true fucking story. I didn't know what to think at first it was flying around wildly and then it just followed me as I opened the back door up. It just flew out! Not sure how it got in?
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Super Hero's

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:21 am

If I joined Tom's Site would you guys think anything less of me? I am just asking because you guys are like family in Kenny, Rev, Craig, Nuggs, etc.. but they chat over there a lot, more than here. I haven't joined but was thinking about it. I think Tom has a really smart mind. I don't agree with everything he says but he puts a lot of effort into his Site and what he Posts. A lot like Nuggs actually. Hell they may not want me there if I did decide join after what took place at the ESPN Site. Because we were like taking sides against each other toward the end. I really didn't bad mouth anyone (Ok a couple of people) and I like Sean, Sean carries that Site a lot -the medic guy from Canada. I miss Tate too
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:46 am

To me, it's quality over quantity. I remember all the armchair GMs who had very little to contribute in the way of common sense, and hell we were on top of the NBA world at the time so everyone was feeling themselves. It's been a slow few years and this is the slow point of the NBA off-season, so there's not much to talk about besides recycling theories on who might get traded for whom, or who's going to have a breakout year. The problem in the past is that people fell in love with their own opinions and views, and there were just too many opposing perspectives. I'm all for healthy debate but things became toxic and, well, it ran its course much like the Phil/Fish/Kobe/Pau/Odom team did.

I have no problem with you visiting Tom's site -- they may be more of a clique over there, enjoying each other's banter and musing about things other than Laker basketball, but I never got a connection with most of the old ESPN bloggers like a lot of you did. There won't be too much of substance to talk about regarding our Lakers until pre-season gets underway, and even then we are only concerned with the actual 82-game schedule and how this new and hopefully improved squad will fare against the rest of the NBA. I've been super busy and extremely pre-occupied with family duties and summer stuff lately, and I apologize for not blogging more. I'm just waiting for the MLB playoffs to start and turning my attention more to College Football than the NFL for now. Not sure how I'd be accepted at Tom's site (not that I give a fuck) but I enjoy reading Ken's articles and perspectives on Laker-related activities, and your colorful take on all kinds of topics is very entertaining as well, 3Peat. I've tried to get a few friends in here who I know are serious Laker fans, but you know it's hard to get someone else in the habit of blogging every few days. When the season begins and we start winning games, I expect things to liven up.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:35 am

3Peat

I wouldn't think anything less of you. To his credit, Tom obviously has put a lot of time and effort into keeping things going over there. This off season, we are barely on life support in here, which keeps me from wanting to check in. Then again, when I do peek in at his site from time to time, there's a lot of repetitive bullshit that I get on Twitter anyway, so that's boring, too. I don't read many of the posts though. As for me, if we die, that will probably end my Lakers blogging career. I have always wanted to write a book anyway, so I would redirect my energies toward that. There are too many people over at Tom's site who I don't care for, so I wouldn't bother joining his blog.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby NuggetsCountry » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:30 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:If I joined Tom's Site would you guys think anything less of me? I am just asking because you guys are like family in Kenny, Rev, Craig, Nuggs, etc.. but they chat over there a lot, more than here. I haven't joined but was thinking about it. I think Tom has a really smart mind. I don't agree with everything he says but he puts a lot of effort into his Site and what he Posts. A lot like Nuggs actually. Hell they may not want me there if I did decide join after what took place at the ESPN Site. Because we were like taking sides against each other toward the end. I really didn't bad mouth anyone (Ok a couple of people) and I like Sean, Sean carries that Site a lot -the medic guy from Canada. I miss Tate too

blog wherever you want - I do/did..............

This reinvention was an enormous amount of work by me, and Ken picks up the tab for all of the admin costs every year for which we all owe him a meal! I never get to LA anymore as my kids moved, but he always has no bar/dinner bill to pay when I see him, as long as I can move.

My Kobe intensity has left me without a ship - kinda like when Mantle & Unitas retired. Hell I won't even watch or root for the Chargers anymore as they are not my San Diego bunch. I await next 2 off-seasons to see if we can get a playoff team together. My contempt for the FO wasting Kobe's last 3 years makes it hard for me to turn the page, but Magic onboard helps. I gave up on NBA League Pass even!

It's a new league WWEAAUNBA, which is very sour for purists like me, probably never to return.................
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:59 pm

I gave you all LIKES. I doubt if I join but whenever I peak in over there it seems pretty busy. Like Rev brought up though, I disagreed with many peoples takes on things over at the old ESPN. I am not even sure I would feel comfortable there, I am pretty sure Tom would accept me. I have never had a problem with him but this place here is where I feel real comfortable. So just not sure if I will. I know Nuggs has Posted over there and Tate is over there as well Posting a lot. @Rev, I cant wait for the Baseball Playoffs either + Football is starting which is great. No Andrew Luck for Week 1 though. Still rehabbing.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:35 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I gave you all LIKES. I doubt if I join but whenever I peak in over there it seems pretty busy. Like Rev brought up though, I disagreed with many peoples takes on things over at the old ESPN. I am not even sure I would feel comfortable there, I am pretty sure Tom would accept me. I have never had a problem with him but this place here is where I feel real comfortable. So just not sure if I will. I know Nuggs has Posted over there and Tate is over there as well Posting a lot. @Rev, I cant wait for the Baseball Playoffs either + Football is starting which is great. No Andrew Luck for Week 1 though. Still rehabbing.

Let's see what happens in here once the season starts. In the meantime, get your rocks off over at Tom's and let us know if anything exciting is going on over there! :imok: I will continue to post things that I believe to be discussion worthy.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:29 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I gave you all LIKES. I doubt if I join but whenever I peak in over there it seems pretty busy. Like Rev brought up though, I disagreed with many peoples takes on things over at the old ESPN. I am not even sure I would feel comfortable there, I am pretty sure Tom would accept me. I have never had a problem with him but this place here is where I feel real comfortable. So just not sure if I will. I know Nuggs has Posted over there and Tate is over there as well Posting a lot. @Rev, I cant wait for the Baseball Playoffs either + Football is starting which is great. No Andrew Luck for Week 1 though. Still rehabbing.

Let's see what happens in here once the season starts. In the meantime, get your rocks off over at Tom's and let us know if anything exciting is going on over there! :imok: I will continue to post things that I believe to be discussion worthy.

:roflmao: Yeah I probably wont join but enjoyed that "get your rocks off" comment. I could see me stirring the pot over there but I would be on a ledge by myself without You and Rev so I will probably pass. That is some funny shit.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk