KCP

Re: KCP

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:44 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Drafting Lonzo was the right move (I think he and Fox are the 2 best players in this Draft but Lonzo is a Cali guy so the pick was going to happen).

They have a vision and a plan and they are executing it. Although it's a similar "cap space" plan to what Mitch had, it is different this time because we have a young core to attract free agents with (especially Lonzo), not to mention the aura of Magic Johnson and the modern day relationships that Rob Pelinka has with the agents and GMs. Also, I love the fact that there is a built-in Plan B in the event that PG and one of the other so-called superstars don't want to team up with PG because Brook Lopez and KCP can always sign a 1 + 1 deal next summer, which would give them Bird rights to larger deals after next summer. I can assure you that Rob & Magic are being quite up front with their Plans A & B with the agents already; hell, they are essentially going public with it. Some have compared KCP's progress as an NBA player to Klay Thompson. Would it surprise you if he had a bust out season playing alongside Lonzo Ball? It wouldn't shock me at all. And think about all the length and versatility on the perimeter with KCP, Ingram and Ball on the defensive end. Last season we started out with Russell, Nick Young and Luol Deng, who clearly is long in the tooth. Nick Young was being called our "best defensive player" and was guarding the opponents' best player every game. :lolflash: Naturally, they all went off on him. Much different now. I also think that we are gong to see one more significant trade soon because Magic never mentions Jordan Clarkson when he is lauding the players these days. He has in the past, but I saw him interviewed twice during the last Summer League games and saw yesterday's presser for KCP and he brought up virtually every player EXCEPT Jordan Clarkson. Stay tuned.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:16 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Drafting Lonzo was the right move (I think he and Fox are the 2 best players in this Draft but Lonzo is a Cali guy so the pick was going to happen).

They have a vision and a plan and they are executing it. Although it's a similar "cap space" plan to what Mitch had, it is different this time because we have a young core to attract free agents with (especially Lonzo), not to mention the aura of Magic Johnson and the modern day relationships that Rob Pelinka has with the agents and GMs. Also, I love the fact that there is a built-in Plan B in the event that PG and one of the other so-called superstars don't want to team up with PG because Brook Lopez and KCP can always sign a 1 + 1 deal next summer, which would give them Bird rights to larger deals after next summer. I can assure you that Rob & Magic are being quite up front with their Plans A & B with the agents already; hell, they are essentially going public with it. Some have compared KCP's progress as an NBA player to Klay Thompson. Would it surprise you if he had a bust out season playing alongside Lonzo Ball? It wouldn't shock me at all. And think about all the length and versatility on the perimeter with KCP, Ingram and Ball on the defensive end. Last season we started out with Russell, Nick Young and Luol Deng, who clearly is long in the tooth. Nick Young was being called our "best defensive player" and was guarding the opponents' best player every game. :lolflash: Naturally, they all went off on him. Much different now. I also think that we are gong to see one more significant trade soon because Magic never mentions Jordan Clarkson when he is lauding the players these days. He has in the past, but I saw him interviewed twice during the last Summer League games and saw yesterday's presser for KCP and he brought up virtually every player EXCEPT Jordan Clarkson. Stay tuned.

So far I have loved every move the Lakers have made. I would've been ok with trading Randle and Clarkson for PG as well but Magic and Rob held their ground and are being patient. I am ok with it because I think Lonzo has Star written all over him, I also think Ingram will be a Very Good Pro if not Great. If Kuzma pans out, we will have a young core from hell in a couple of years!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:47 am

I have a feeling these Clarkson & Randle for (insert name) insinuations might now be relevant. But to keep them is a great asset too. Nice to be in a more GHF place with the squad.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:49 am

lakerevolution wrote:I have a feeling these Clarkson & Randle for (insert name) insinuations might now be relevant. But to keep them is a great asset too. Nice to be in a more GHF place with the squad.

Th reality is that one or both will have to go if the plan is to have two max slots next summer. It will have to be both, with Deng stretched if Deng can't be traded. If Randle has a big season, he's due to get paid. As an RFA, the cap hold could delay things as well, so it's tricky. Magic and Rob have already proved to be patient when necessary, but they are not reluctant to pull the trigger either. Interesting times lie ahead.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:04 pm

This sucks.
KobeMVP888

Postby Moos » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:51 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

This sucks.

Something isn't right about that story??
Moos

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:33 pm

I wish he could've waited and took care of this in the offseason but it is what it is. Hart will have to just pick up the slack.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:57 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I wish he could've waited and took care of this in the offseason but it is what it is. Hart will have to just pick up the slack.

He'll miss two road games. A chance for Hart to develop some more. This is more of a big deal to KCP than the Lakers or the fans.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:29 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I wish he could've waited and took care of this in the offseason but it is what it is. Hart will have to just pick up the slack.

He'll miss two road games. A chance for Hart to develop some more. This is more of a big deal to KCP than the Lakers or the fans.

Yeah true. I like Hart as well. The more he plays the better he should get.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk