The 3Peat archives

Re: The 3Peat archives

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:33 pm

-This is just something I am going to create that I can look back on and have in writing for future reference. This is just basically my opinions and thoughts I have about sports all-time.

-I started watching sports in 1977 as a 5 year old kid going on 6. The first NBA Finals I ever watched that I can remember was between the Philadelphia 76ers and Portland Trail Blazers = 1977 Finals. The first SuperBowl I ever watched that I could remember was when the Dallas Cowboys beat the Denver Broncos in the 1977 Season. I didn't get into watching Baseball until the early 80's. I do remember watching the LA Dodgers beating the NY Yankees in the 1981 Season World Series as that WS was one of the most talked about of all-time. Anyway for the record since my watching/following days of 1977 to present, here are my definite GOAT's and lists as of May 29th, 2018.

Pro NBA Basketball

Basketball, my Top 3 players I have seen live are:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
-Michael Jordan is 6-0 in Finals, won 5 League MVP's, and won 6 Finals MVP's. Jordan also won 10 Scoring Titles and made 1st Team All-Defense 9 times! Magic Johnson in just 12 full seasons went to 9 Finals and won 5 Championships, won 3 League MVP's, and won 3 Finals MVP's. Magic won the Finals MVP in his Rookie Season, just amazing. He also has recorded over 10,000 Assists and has the NBA record per season average of 11.2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has won 6 Championships, won 6 League MVP's, and won 2 Finals MVP's. He is currently the NBA all-time Leading Scorer with 38,387 Points.

My Top 3 teams of all-time that I have seen live are:
1. 1987 LA Lakers - Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, Green, M.Thompson
2. 1996 Chicago Bulls - Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc
3. 1986 Boston Celtics - Bird, McHale, Parish, D.Johnson
*I would be intrigued to see how the 2017 Warriors would do with Curry and Durant against these teams in a 7 game series? I also definitely have to mention Kobe and Shaq's Lakers of 2001. Shaquille O'Neal was such a dominant force and that was a huge break out season for Kobe, Kobe was super in those Playoffs!

Pro NFL Football

Football, my Top 3 players I have seen live are:
1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Lawrence Taylor
-Tom Brady has led his team to 5 SB wins, has won 2 League MVP's, and won 4 SB MVP's. He is a very safe pick for best player I have seen as I think it has to be a QB. The QB position is most important position on the field. I have Joe Montana at #2, he was 4-0 In SB's and in those SB's he threw no Interceptions. At #3 I chose Taylor, to me he is by far the best Defensive player I have ever seen. Awesome Pass Rusher and Leader. Taylor was the last Defensive player to win League MVP which was in 1986. He also was a member of 2 SB winning teams.
-Regarding just a Top 3 QB list, mine would be: 1. Tom Brady, 2. Joe Montana, 3. Peyton Manning. Peyton has the NFL record for most League MVP's with 5. He also won SB's with 2 different teams as a starter, no other QB has done that giving him 2 SB wins.

My Top 3 teams of all-time I have seen live are:
1. 1989 SF 49ers - the mid to late 80's is when the athletes started to noticeably get bigger, stronger, and faster compared to other era's. I feel safe with them at #1 led by Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. + Ronnie Lott on Defense.
2. 1992 Dallas Cowboys - that team was loaded! Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin + a dominant BIG O.Line and a fast Defense that could create Turnovers.
3. 2004 New England Patriots - Tom Brady and Bill Belichick!

Pro Baseball

Baseball, my Top 3 players I have seen live are:
-I honestly cant answer this at this time because it's tough for me to say what's more important Hitters or Pitchers. Not only that I am not sure how to judge the steroid era? Like where should Barry Bonds be rated?

My Top 3 teams of all-time I have seen live I can do:
1. 1998 NY Yankees - they went 114-48
2. 1986 NY Mets - they went 108-54
3. 2016 Chicago Cubs - call me a little bias here but they did have the NL MVP in Kris Bryant, a solid Pitching Staff, and they did go 103-58. They also won Games 6 and 7 on the road to win a WS, that never happens.

-My Top 3 NBA players of all-time still remain Jordan 1, Magic 2, Kareem 3. LeBron doesn't measure up to those 3 IMO. Kareem/Lew accomplished a lot with the Bucks without Magic and won a Championship there. Kareem's resume speaks for itself! Magic went to the Finals with Vlade Divac at Center and lost to the GOAT in Michael Jordan otherwise he would've won 6 Championships. So both could even win without each other. Magic won Finals MVP AS A ROOKIE against a loaded Sixers team when Kareem was injured, drops MIC!

-If I was going to write a book as of today I would stick with these GOAT's and opinions. I could back everyone one of them up with tons of facts and debate anyone who disagrees with me on what I have Posted above with no problem. I could definitely debate that LeBron isn't better than Magic or Kareem with ease with a lot of facts, just not opinion or Eye test. :roflmao:. Peyton Manning is in my Top 3 QB's of all-time as well SINCE I HAVE BEEN WATCHING = 1977. He was the System and could carry teams in the ultimate team sport no matter the Coach. When you win a SB with Gary Kubiak that is all that needs to be said. In 2009, the Colts went to the SB with Jim Caldwell as Head Coach too :roflmao: . He never had a Belichick or a Walsh. In Basketball, LeBron has more control of a game then Peyton did in Football. He plays Offense and Defense. If LeBron was all that, guy should have at least 4 or 5 Championships by now. Yeah he has made 8 Finals in a row but has done it against a weak Eastern Conference for the most part. If he loses to the Warriors again, he is looking at a 3-6 Finals record. Peyton was better in his sport than LeBron has been IMO.

Updated and edited as of May 29th, 2018. Nothing has changed.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:46 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:-This is just something I am going to create that I can look back on and have in writing for future reference. This is just basically my opinions and thoughts I have about sports all-time.

-I started watching sports in 1977 as a 5 year old kid going on 6. The first NBA Finals I ever watched that I can remember was between the Philadelphia 76ers and Portland Trail Blazers = 1977 Finals. The first SuperBowl I ever watched that I could remember was when the Dallas Cowboys beat the Denver Broncos in the 1977 Season. I didn't get into watching Baseball until the early 80's. I do remember watching the LA Dodgers beating the NY Yankees in the 1981 Season World Series as that WS was one of the most talked about of all-time. Anyway for the record since my watching/following days of 1977 to present, here are my definite GOAT's and lists as of May 29th, 2018.

Pro NBA Basketball

1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
-Michael Jordan is 6-0 in Finals, won 5 League MVP's, and won 6 Finals MVP's. Jordan also won 10 Scoring Titles and made 1st Team All-Defense 9 times! Magic Johnson in just 12 full seasons went to 9 Finals and won 5 Championships, won 3 League MVP's, and won 3 Finals MVP's. Magic won the Finals MVP in his Rookie Season, just amazing. He also has recorded over 10,000 Assists and has the NBA record per season average of 11.2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has won 6 Championships, won 6 League MVP's, and won 2 Finals MVP's. He is currently the NBA all-time Leading Scorer with 38,387 Points.

*I would be intrigued to see how the 2017 Warriors would do with Curry and Durant against these teams in a 7 game series? I also definitely have to mention Kobe and Shaq's Lakers of 2001. Shaquille O'Neal was such a dominant force and that was a huge break out season for Kobe, Kobe was super in those Playoffs!

Pro NFL Football

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Lawrence Taylor
-Tom Brady has led his team to 5 SB wins, has won 2 League MVP's, and won 4 SB MVP's. He is a very safe pick for best player I have seen as I think it has to be a QB. The QB position is most important position on the field. I have Joe Montana at #2, he was 4-0 In SB's and in those SB's he threw no Interceptions. At #3 I chose Taylor, to me he is by far the best Defensive player I have ever seen. Awesome Pass Rusher and Leader. Taylor was the last Defensive player to win League MVP which was in 1986. He also was a member of 2 SB winning teams.
-Regarding just a Top 3 QB list, mine would be: 1. Tom Brady, 2. Joe Montana, 3. Peyton Manning. Peyton has the NFL record for most League MVP's with 5. He also won SB's with 2 different teams as a starter, no other QB has done that giving him 2 SB wins.

1. 1989 SF 49ers - the mid to late 80's is when the athletes started to noticeably get bigger, stronger, and faster compared to other era's. I feel safe with them at #1 led by Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. + Ronnie Lott on Defense.
2. 1992 Dallas Cowboys - that team was loaded! Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin + a dominant BIG O.Line and a fast Defense that could create Turnovers.

Pro Baseball

-I honestly cant answer this at this time because it's tough for me to say what's more important Hitters or Pitchers. Not only that I am not sure how to judge the steroid era? Like where should Barry Bonds be rated?

3. 2016 Chicago Cubs - call me a little bias here but they did have the NL MVP in Kris Bryant, a solid Pitching Staff, and they did go 103-58. They also won Games 6 and 7 on the road to win a WS, that never happens.

-My Top 3 NBA players of all-time still remain Jordan 1, Magic 2, Kareem 3. LeBron doesn't measure up to those 3 IMO. Kareem/Lew accomplished a lot with the Bucks without Magic and won a Championship there. Kareem's resume speaks for itself! Magic went to the Finals with Vlade Divac at Center and lost to the GOAT in Michael Jordan otherwise he would've won 6 Championships. So both could even win without each other. Magic won Finals MVP AS A ROOKIE against a loaded Sixers team when Kareem was injured, drops MIC!

-If I was going to write a book as of today I would stick with these GOAT's and opinions. I could back everyone one of them up with tons of facts and debate anyone who disagrees with me on what I have Posted above with no problem. I could definitely debate that LeBron isn't better than Magic or Kareem with ease with a lot of facts, just not opinion or Eye test. :roflmao:. Peyton Manning is in my Top 3 QB's of all-time as well SINCE I HAVE BEEN WATCHING = 1977. He was the System and could carry teams in the ultimate team sport no matter the Coach. When you win a SB with Gary Kubiak that is all that needs to be said. In 2009, the Colts went to the SB with Jim Caldwell as Head Coach too :roflmao: . He never had a Belichick or a Walsh. In Basketball, LeBron has more control of a game then Peyton did in Football. He plays Offense and Defense. If LeBron was all that, guy should have at least 4 or 5 Championships by now. Yeah he has made 8 Finals in a row but has done it against a weak Eastern Conference for the most part. If he loses to the Warriors again, he is looking at a 3-6 Finals record. Peyton was better in his sport than LeBron has been IMO.

Updated and edited as of May 29th, 2018. Nothing has changed.

Even if LeBron and the Cavs miraculously finds a way to beat this Warriors team, I still wouldn't rate him higher than Magic or Kareem (Jordan will be impossible to catch). He needs to win at least 5 Championships to pass either IMO. I still think LeBron is equivalent to guys like Kobe, Bird, Duncan, and Shaq out of who I have seen live since 1977. Every guy I have LeBron compared with has more Championships than him (except Bird, Bird has the same amount = 3) but Championships aren't everything. LeBron does have 4 League MVP's more than even Magic and Bird who have won 3 League MVP's, Kobe and Shaq only won 1 League MVP. If LeBron ends up winning 5 Championships where he would have Kareem at is Finals MVP's, he already has 1 more now as it is.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:16 am

-This is just something I am going to create that I can look back on and have in writing for future reference. This is just basically my opinions and thoughts I have about sports all-time.

-I started watching sports in 1977 as a 5 year old kid going on 6. The first NBA Finals I ever watched that I can remember was between the Philadelphia 76ers and Portland Trail Blazers = 1977 Finals. The first SuperBowl I ever watched that I could remember was when the Dallas Cowboys beat the Denver Broncos in the 1977 Season. I didn't get into watching Baseball until the early 80's. I do remember watching the LA Dodgers beating the NY Yankees in the 1981 Season World Series as that WS was one of the most talked about of all-time. Anyway for the record since my watching/following days of 1977 to present, here are my definite GOAT's and lists as of June 26th, 2018.

Pro NBA Basketball

1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Pro NFL Football

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Lawrence Taylor
-Tom Brady has led his team to 5 SB wins, has won 3 League MVP's, and won 4 SB MVP's. He is a very safe pick for best player I have seen as I think it has to be a QB. The QB position is most important position on the field. I have Joe Montana at #2, he was 4-0 In SB's and in those SB's he threw no Interceptions. At #3 I chose Taylor, to me he is by far the best Defensive player I have ever seen. Awesome Pass Rusher and Leader. Taylor was the last Defensive player to win League MVP which was in 1986. He also was a member of 2 SB winning teams.

Pro Baseball

-Updated as of June 26th, 2018 :cheers:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:22 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:-This is just something I am going to create that I can look back on and have in writing for future reference. This is just basically my opinions and thoughts I have about sports all-time.

-I started watching sports in 1977 as a 5 year old kid going on 6. The first NBA Finals I ever watched that I can remember was between the Philadelphia 76ers and Portland Trail Blazers = 1977 Finals. The first SuperBowl I ever watched that I could remember was when the Dallas Cowboys beat the Denver Broncos in the 1977 Season. I didn't get into watching Baseball until the early 80's. I do remember watching the LA Dodgers beating the NY Yankees in the 1981 Season World Series as that WS was one of the most talked about of all-time. Anyway for the record since my watching/following days of 1977 to present, here are my definite GOAT's and lists as of June 26th, 2018.

Pro NBA Basketball

1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Pro NFL Football

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Lawrence Taylor
-Tom Brady has led his team to 5 SB wins, has won 3 League MVP's, and won 4 SB MVP's. He is a very safe pick for best player I have seen as I think it has to be a QB. The QB position is most important position on the field. I have Joe Montana at #2, he was 4-0 In SB's and in those SB's he threw no Interceptions. At #3 I chose Taylor, to me he is by far the best Defensive player I have ever seen. Awesome Pass Rusher and Leader. Taylor was the last Defensive player to win League MVP which was in 1986. He also was a member of 2 SB winning teams.

Pro Baseball

-Updated as of June 26th, 2018 :cheers:

I still think the main debate should be, who is better all-time between LeBron and Kobe. That is pretty even because neither are better than Jordan, Magic, or Cap. The LeBron and Kobe debate is a close one and a good one. I can see both sides to people's arguments on that. What if LeBron wins a Championship in a Lakers uniform? I also still think Shaq is the most dominant player I have ever seen live regarding in the paint. Cap just had more range and has a better resume.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:52 pm

I just got off the phone with my mom and told her Andrew Luck was throwing again. She was like "so what he will never be Peyton, Peyton was like Magic Johnson, he made everyone else better around him and was the best ever". I swear I never seen that coming :kingclaphands:. She doesn't even watch sports much, so that made my whole fucking week. My mom said Magic is the best ever and Larry Bird and Jordan were pretty equal, after that the NBA stunk :roflmao:. She also said Tom Brady is a pussy, I spit my beer out on that one. I said why, she said he has always has Bill Belichick, she does watch sports but not like we do. She had me :rofl4: earlier
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:06 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I just got off the phone with my mom and told her Andrew Luck was throwing again. She was like "so what he will never be Peyton, Peyton was like Magic Johnson, he made everyone else better around him and was the best ever". I swear I never seen that coming :kingclaphands:. She doesn't even watch sports much, so that made my whole fucking week. My mom said Magic is the best ever and Larry Bird and Jordan were pretty equal, after that the NBA stunk :roflmao:. She also said Tom Brady is a pussy, I spit my beer out on that one. I said why, she said he has always has Bill Belichick, she does watch sports but not like we do. She had me :rofl4: earlier

Come to think of it, she's pretty spot on when you think about it! "lol4:
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:56 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I just got off the phone with my mom and told her Andrew Luck was throwing again. She was like "so what he will never be Peyton, Peyton was like Magic Johnson, he made everyone else better around him and was the best ever". I swear I never seen that coming :kingclaphands:. She doesn't even watch sports much, so that made my whole fucking week. My mom said Magic is the best ever and Larry Bird and Jordan were pretty equal, after that the NBA stunk :roflmao:. She also said Tom Brady is a pussy, I spit my beer out on that one. I said why, she said he has always has Bill Belichick, she does watch sports but not like we do. She had me :rofl4: earlier

Come to think of it, she's pretty spot on when you think about it! "lol4:

Yeah she occasionally drinks Wine and I could tell she had some when I called her :roflmao: I just brought up Luck because she does keep up with the Cols a bit and then the rant came :waaaaa: She loved the Lakers when they had Magic, that was her guy. She also loved Worthy. Ever since they have been retired, she pretty much stopped watching the NBA. She was happy for me when we were winning with Kobe and Shaq but she really didn't care about it. So far she isn't a very big Andrew Luck fan, I tried to explain to her he is injured and will be Good again but she wasn't hearing it. Telling me how Peyton played a decade straight without missing a start. Just funny stuff I wanted to pass along.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk