D'Angelo/Moz gone - Brook Lopez in

Re: D'Angelo/Moz gone - Brook Lopez in

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:48 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
kjkirby wrote:Don't know about you guys, but I want no part of LeBron in a Laker jersey. That ship has passed. He's getting older and I think a younger stud will allow a possible longer stretch of competing for chips. If LeBron leaves, he's officially a mercenary. The team is too young to pair with a player who needs to win now.

We'll see how young the team is by next summer. There are two ways to go. Build a superteam (Spurs, Warriors, Lakers) or form a superteam (Heat, Cavs, '08 Chowds). The latter is obviously Magic/Rob/Jeanie's plan.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:40 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
kjkirby wrote:Don't know about you guys, but I want no part of LeBron in a Laker jersey. That ship has passed. He's getting older and I think a younger stud will allow a possible longer stretch of competing for chips. If LeBron leaves, he's officially a mercenary. The team is too young to pair with a player who needs to win now.

We'll see how young the team is by next summer. There are two ways to go. Build a superteam or form a superteam. The latter is obviously the plan.

It's not a good look for LeBron, or the league. If that dude wants to leave Cleveland again, maybe join a Western team, let him whore himself for the FrankenClipperSteins since his wifey wants to "live in L.A.". I don't want him on my team.
lakerevolution

Postby kjkirby » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:33 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

We'll see how young the team is by next summer. There are two ways to go. Build a superteam (Spurs, Warriors, Lakers) or form a superteam (Heat, Cavs, '08 Chowds). The latter is obviously Magic/Rob/Jeanie's plan.

Hopefully between, Nance Jr., Ball, Clarkson, Zubac, Randle and Ingram they can keep four of those six. All acquisitions should be under 30 years old. That allows them to compete for a nice stretch without having a short window. Randle and Clarkson are the two who I see not making the cut. For financial reasons as well as lower ceilings. I don't include Nance as far as a low ceiling, because he is the type of role player championship teams need (A.C., Horry, Fox). Randle wouldn't never adjust to that role. My hope is that they can build a winner and still stay relatively young, but what do I know. Don't want LeBron though....too much cap space for his age and he shortens the window.
kjkirby

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:44 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:I'm with 3Peat. I'll give the Lakers an A- only because I think they could have held out for the #22 pick and perhaps should have had a PG deal in place before closing this one. Dumping Mozgov is huge and Lopez expires next summer while giving Zubac another year to season. Lopez is a solid fit and replaces Russell's scoring production anyway. The deal becomes an A if they get PG without giving up the farm and draft Lonzo. RealGM gave the Lakers an A for the trade.

Thanks Kenny, you tell like it is and if you disagreed with me I know you would say so. Yeah I am little harsh on Russell and have been since we drafted him but this trade makes so much sense because of the salary dump of Mozgov's contract and the huge upgrade we made at Center. Lopez is far from a stiff. Also I would almost bet a whole years paycheck on it, that Ball will make an impact right a way and be better than Russell was. Yeah I don't care for his dad's shenanigans but I doubt that affects Ball's play on the court. A lot of Lakers fans are real happy we traded Russell because he really hasn't shown much leadership in his 2 years in LA and he is a poor Defender - he's slow. Some Lakers fans are sad because the kid does have solid potential but IMO Ball or even Fox will end up being Pro's. Getting rid of Mozgov's contract is huge, I am looking at the big picture. Magic has all kinds of options now.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk