Paul George thread

Paul George thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:25 am

Blake Griffin sign and trade for Paul George, then Logo convinces him to sign long term. I'm nauseous.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Paul George thread

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:05 am

Just can't trust anything you hear anymore. The Clippers will SUCK no matter who they get or what they do.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:01 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Just can't trust anything you hear anymore. The Clippers will SUCK no matter who they get or what they do.

So do we trade for him now (assuming he commits to signing long term) or gamble and wait? I am chomping at the bit to see what Rob and Magic have up their sleeve. You know it's unpredictable and won't resemble any of the thinking you read on blogs, etc.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:08 pm

PG13 is no Durant, or even Curry, but he's young and consistent enough to help us win 10-15 more games a year and he'll help Rob and Magic recruit another quality player. The key is for Luke to get our current youth movement to play balls to the wall this season and keep Phoenix and Sacramento in our rear view, if possible. Without a tangible coming-of-age from the core (should we retain them all), it won't matter if PG13 comes or goes.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:16 pm

lakerevolution wrote:PG13 is no Durant, or even Curry, but he's young and consistent enough to help us win 10-15 more games a year and he'll help Rob and Magic recruit another quality player. The key is for Luke to get our current youth movement to play balls to the wall this season and keep Phoenix and Sacramento in our rear view, if possible. Without a tangible coming-of-age from the core (should we retain them all), it won't matter if PG13 comes or goes.

Good points. All of them. We really don't know which of our yutes Magic/Rob covets other than Ingram. Ding wrote today that Luke didn't think Randle or Russell progressed as much as he thought they would (Randle didn't handle criticism well and Russell was inconsistent with his "professionalism," whatever that means.) We shall see how they remold this team both in the type of players we trade and acquire coupled with the speed in which this all happens. If this PG/LeBron thing has any merit, which of course I am skeptical about especially with The Logo in the adjacent locker room now, iy could happen sooner rather than later. I just have this sinking feeling about the Clippsterns will trample all over our plans with Jerry West calling the shots there.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:31 pm

I have been listening to the JMV show at work, he is perhaps the best source to listen too on the radio in Indy. His news is accurate 90% of the time. He even said the Punter for the Colts Pat McAfee would retire before anyone else knew. How he knows these things, I have no idea. Anyway I have heard the Blake Griffin for PG deal is possible and now that Jerry West is in LA, it does scare me PG could sign long term playing with CP3. JMV also keeps throwing out Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart and a future pick for PG. The Pacers seem to really like Bradley a lot. If the Celtics Acquire PG, it also scares me he could sign long term there as well because they have the ability to win the East by adding him. I think the Lakers cant wait on this and at least should offer Randle, Clarkson, and their 28th for PG. That would be a decent deal for both teams IMO. JMV even brought that Lakers scenario up. Regarding PG going to Cleveland, JMV just said that door is shutting because the rumor now is, the Cavs feel like they can give up less for Jimmy Butler and they want Butler.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:35 pm

lakerevolution wrote:PG13 is no Durant, or even Curry, but he's young and consistent enough to help us win 10-15 more games a year and he'll help Rob and Magic recruit another quality player. The key is for Luke to get our current youth movement to play balls to the wall this season and keep Phoenix and Sacramento in our rear view, if possible. Without a tangible coming-of-age from the core (should we retain them all), it won't matter if PG13 comes or goes.

PG13 would add around 10 wins definitely by himself. He isn't Durant but he is the 4th best SF in the league behind LeBron, Durant, and Leonard. I think he's slightly better than Butler and Hayward.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:01 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I have been listening to the JMV show at work, he is perhaps the best source to listen too on the radio in Indy. His news is accurate 90% of the time. He even said the Punter for the Colts Pat McAfee would retire before anyone else knew. How he knows these things, I have no idea. Anyway I have heard the Blake Griffin for PG deal is possible and now that Jerry West is in LA, it does scare me PG could sign long term playing with CP3. JMV also keeps throwing out Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart and a future pick for PG. The Pacers seem to really like Bradley a lot. If the Celtics Acquire PG, it also scares me he could sign long term there as well because they have the ability to win the East by adding him. I think the Lakers cant wait on this and at least should offer Randle, Clarkson, and their 28th for PG. That would be a decent deal for both teams IMO. JMV even brought that Lakers scenario up. Regarding PG going to Cleveland, JMV just said that door is shutting because the rumor now is, the Cavs feel like they can give up less for Jimmy Butler and they want Butler.

Yeah, this Jerry West thing is the red herring in all this. Remember though; assuming that Blake Griffin is the trade chip, he has to agree to go to Indy in a sign and trade deal. As for the package that we could offer, honestly it sucks compared to anything that the Chowds offer (Avery, Smart and a future pick is much better than Clarkson, Randle and #28). The more and more I think about this, if it takes us sacrificing Ingram, so be it, but the deal should be Ingram, Mozgov or Deng and #28 for PG. We NEED to get a fucking REAL NBA player here and once PG tastes winning with the Clippsterns or the Chowds (oh does that eat at me!!!!), he'll reconsider. Steve Ballmer is building a state of the art arena in Inglewood and he now has the experienced, trusted voice of Jerry West alongside him. No, we should give the Pacers what they want within reason PROVIDED THAT PG COMMITS! I don't even know if he can do that other than his word.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Who believes this? Should I be as paranoid as I am about Jerry West out schmoozing Magic?
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:22 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Who believes this? Should I be as paranoid as I am about Jerry West out schmoozing Magic?

Yeah the Clippers thing is bothering me too because PG would still be in LA and West is there now. Magic doesn't want to give up Ingram but Ingram and the #28 may be the way to go? because PG plays the same position anyway and Ingram has the potential to be great so the Pacers would be getting possibly a future All-Star. That is actually a fair deal for both considering the Pacers are back into a corner but to get PG, Magic is going to have to give something up good if he fears PG may re-sign with someone else.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:06 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I have been listening to the JMV show at work, he is perhaps the best source to listen too on the radio in Indy. His news is accurate 90% of the time. He even said the Punter for the Colts Pat McAfee would retire before anyone else knew. How he knows these things, I have no idea. Anyway I have heard the Blake Griffin for PG deal is possible and now that Jerry West is in LA, it does scare me PG could sign long term playing with CP3. JMV also keeps throwing out Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart and a future pick for PG. The Pacers seem to really like Bradley a lot. If the Celtics Acquire PG, it also scares me he could sign long term there as well because they have the ability to win the East by adding him. I think the Lakers cant wait on this and at least should offer Randle, Clarkson, and their 28th for PG. That would be a decent deal for both teams IMO. JMV even brought that Lakers scenario up. Regarding PG going to Cleveland, JMV just said that door is shutting because the rumor now is, the Cavs feel like they can give up less for Jimmy Butler and they want Butler.

Yeah, this Jerry West thing is the red herring in all this. Remember though; assuming that Blake Griffin is the trade chip, he has to agree to go to Indy in a sign and trade deal. As for the package that we could offer, honestly it sucks compared to anything that the Chowds offer (Avery, Smart and a future pick is much better than Clarkson, Randle and #28). The more and more I think about this, if it takes us sacrificing Ingram, so be it, but the deal should be Ingram, Mozgov or Deng and #28 for PG. We NEED to get a fucking REAL NBA player here and once PG tastes winning with the Clippsterns or the Chowds (oh does that eat at me!!!!), he'll reconsider. Steve Ballmer is building a state of the art arena in Inglewood and he now has the experienced, trusted voice of Jerry West alongside him. No, we should give the Pacers what they want within reason PROVIDED THAT PG COMMITS! I don't even know if he can do that other than his word.

Correct, Griffin has to agree to go to Indy in a sign and trade deal so that may not even happen.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Cavs working on a 3 team deal that would land them Jimmy Butler. I hope it happens so PG will be out of the Cavs picture.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:47 am

JMV will be on later today, once I hear some more things on his show I will keep everyone updated.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:JMV will be on later today, once I hear some more things on his show I will keep everyone updated.

Latest scuttlebutt is that the Lakers would prefer to trade for him now, but don't want to give up a lot.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:15 pm

KobeMVP888

Next

Return to LakerTalk