Paul George thread

Re: Paul George thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:27 am

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:44 am

I really don't enjoy or condone this twisted, non-loyal atmosphere in the NBA today. Mitch is gone, Phil has become a pariah in NY, LeBron is implicated in several CleveExit (again) scenarios, and nothing for fans outside of Oakland is guaranteed. It's a weird association now, like Donald and Melania . . Jay-Z and Kanye . . grits and sugar. This is not a suitable or desirable period for great Laker basketball, so following the slow climb back to the top is actually a welcome diversion from this mess.

Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, Paul George. Whatever.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:51 am

kjkirby wrote:Paul George does not turn the Thunder into the second best team out west. 4th or 5th seed at best. Just below SA and with GS and Hou on top. They will be in the mix with Utah and Memphis. They now have 2 stars which the other teams also have, but with better supporting cast. They would be better positioned out East.

I don't know we will see. IMO the Spurs are long in the tooth up front with Aldridge who's overrated and Pau is old period. Also PG can offset Leonard's scoring. OKC is younger and more athletic than the Spurs are as well. When it comes to the Rockets, they don't play Defense and D'Antoni has proven he isn't a solid Playoff Coach. I like the Thunder's Big's much better than what the Rockets have too. Like I said we will see but the combo of Russ and PG + Adams and Kanter will be a handful. They also have Gibson as well who is a solid Big.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:58 am

You would like to think he would leave and sign with us but I am not 100% sold on it. It would be better for us if PG and Russ clash a lot and the Thunder lose in the 1st or 2nd Round. Not sure all of that will happen :shrug:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:01 am

lakerevolution wrote:I really don't enjoy or condone this twisted, non-loyal atmosphere in the NBA today. Mitch is gone, Phil has become a pariah in NY, LeBron is implicated in several CleveExit (again) scenarios, and nothing for fans outside of Oakland is guaranteed. It's a weird association now, like Donald and Melania . . Jay-Z and Kanye . . grits and sugar. This is not a suitable or desirable period for great Laker basketball, so following the slow climb back to the top is actually a welcome diversion from this mess.

Good Post but a 38 yr Steve Nash and Howard the Coward aren't near the players that a 27 yr old PG is.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:26 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
kjkirby wrote:Paul George does not turn the Thunder into the second best team out west. 4th or 5th seed at best. Just below SA and with GS and Hou on top. They will be in the mix with Utah and Memphis. They now have 2 stars which the other teams also have, but with better supporting cast. They would be better positioned out East.

I don't know we will see. IMO the Spurs are long in the tooth up front with Aldridge who's overrated and Pau is old period. Also PG can offset Leonard's scoring. OKC is younger and more athletic than the Spurs are as well. When it comes to the Rockets, they don't play Defense and D'Antoni has proven he isn't a solid Playoff Coach. I like the Thunder's Big's much better than what the Rockets have too. Like I said we will see but the combo of Russ and PG + Adams and Kanter will be a handful. They also have Gibson as well who is a solid Big.

Gibson just signed with the Timberwolves so he is longer in OKC.
3Peatkb24

Postby kjkirby » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:11 pm

Man the Thunder don't have a big three.
kjkirby

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:22 pm

kjkirby wrote:Man the Thunder don't have a big three.

Neither do the Spurs or Rockets. CP3 going to the Rockets has disaster written all over it chemistry wise. Rockets flourished with Harden at the Point. Spurs cant handle the Thunder Big's and Leonard and PG offset each other. Aldridge is soft and Pau is too old. Thunder have a huge 2 and Adams and Kanter are both solid Big's. I will make you a bet (just a fun type of bet, you call it) the Thunder make the WCFinals.
3Peatkb24

Postby kjkirby » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:51 pm

I didn't say the other two had a big three either, but I believe they have better supporting cast. I'll take that bet though. No way they make the Western conference finals. Paul George didn't change that much for them. They lost Oladipo and may also lose Roberson, which would be a big blow. George doesn't make up for both.
kjkirby

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:00 pm

kjkirby wrote:I didn't say the other two had a big three either, but I believe they have better supporting cast. I'll take that bet though. No way they make the Western conference finals. Paul George didn't change that much for them. They lost Oladipo and may also lose Roberson, which would be a big blow. George doesn't make up for both.

I love it, Kirby is back in full fashion. You call the bet. The only way the Thunder don't make the WCFinals is if they are a 4 Seed because the Warriors will be #1. If they are a 3 or 2 they will be there and yes Paul George makes that much of a difference. Russell Westbrook is smiling to high heaven right now :roflmao:
3Peatkb24

Postby kjkirby » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:12 pm

I don't want to hear what seed they end up with. They won't be higher than 4 anyway, so you might as well concede now. They won't finish higher than Utah. Remember I told you that. I'll think of something, but we can change the bet to who has a better record between them and Utah. As long as Haywood doesn't leave. I can't fleece you on the WCF. That ain't happening.
kjkirby

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:14 pm

kjkirby wrote:I don't want to hear what seed they end up with. They won't be higher than 4 anyway, so you might as well concede now. They won't finish higher than Utah. Remember I told you that. I'll think of something, but we can change the bet to who has a better record between them and Utah. As long as Haywood doesn't leave. I can't fleece you on the WCF. That ain't happening.

If George Hill leaves they wont have a better record than OKC. If OKC finishes with the 3 they will be in WCFinals. I am not sold on the Rockets or Spurs.

-even with George Hill they wont and I do like the Jazz. I see them at 50 wins if Hayward and Hill re-sign.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:40 pm

That bet would be too easy for me regarding your Jazz/OKC better record. OKC will win 55 games with ease. Jazz probably around 50-52. You would be getting fleeced on that one. I always love being the underdog in bets, so I was giving you Rockets and Spurs over OKC but if I didn't believe OKC couldn't beat either I wouldn't throw a bet out. CP3 :roflmao: He nor Harden is better than Russ. The Spurs aren't all that either, Leonard and PG are pretty even, I am sure PG is shaking in his boots thinking about playing him. PG has played LeBron a ton in big games = ECFinals and pretty evenly.

Yeah I know I am scaring Kirby away because people don't like to Post when confronted. Kirby probably thinks Terry Bradshaw is better than Peyton Manning because he has 4-2 in Championships but is the same person that thinks Bill Russell couldn't hold Wilt Chamberlains jockstrap but yet that is 11-2 Russell. Peyton was better and so was Wilt in a short story.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:32 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I really don't enjoy or condone this twisted, non-loyal atmosphere in the NBA today. Mitch is gone, Phil has become a pariah in NY, LeBron is implicated in several CleveExit (again) scenarios, and nothing for fans outside of Oakland is guaranteed. It's a weird association now, like Donald and Melania . . Jay-Z and Kanye . . grits and sugar. This is not a suitable or desirable period for great Laker basketball, so following the slow climb back to the top is actually a welcome diversion from this mess.

Post of the day!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:36 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Yeah I know I am scaring Kirby away because people don't like to Post when confronted. Kirby probably thinks Terry Bradshaw is better than Peyton Manning because he has 4-2 in Championships but is the same person that thinks Bill Russell couldn't hold Wilt Chamberlains jockstrap but yet that is 11-2 Russell. Peyton was better and so was Wilt in a short story.

kjkirby is a professional poster. You ain't scaring him away. He picks his spots. I just hope that he picks a lot more spots from here on out!
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk