Paul George thread

Re: Paul George thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:49 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Sounds like a fluid situation to me. This is the Pacers playing hardball with the inexperienced Magic/Rob. Brian Windhorst is saying otherwise, claiming that teams are offering very little for PG and that a deal with the Lakers will happen between by tomorrow night. Frankly, I don't care either way. I would almost rather draft three solid young players and take it from there. A starting 5 of Lopez, Randle, Ingram, Clarkson and Ball has a lot of potential, especially now that Randle, Clarkson and Ingram have more experience now. A bench of Zubac, Nance, Nick Young (if he stays; we'll find out whether he opts in today), Brewer and maybe Black and Ennis (not to mention or two FA rentals this season) should be good for 35 wins. Lonzo Ball is a winner and believe it or not, Lopez is such an upgrade over Mozgov that he will more than make up for the loss of Russell, especially with Lonzo delivering the ball.

I agree somewhat but I am hoping we only have to give up Clarkson and the 27 and 28. I would jump for joy at the deal. Pacers would be getting ripped off a bit but they are backed into a corner. Clarkson is a Good player though and that would give the Pacers 2 more First Round picks, so they would at least be getting something decent in return. Not ideal for them but oh well.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:12 pm

Now John Wall is trying to recruit PG according to ESPN. JMV is on vacation this week getting hammered per his Tweet so I haven't heard much news at all locally. He is the only source I fully trust.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:49 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Now John Wall is trying to recruit PG according to ESPN. JMV is on vacation this week getting hammered per his Tweet so I haven't heard much news at all locally. He is the only source I fully trust.

Here's some blathering from some Sporting News nobody. It's really a whole lot of nothing:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nb ... um=twitter
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:59 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Now John Wall is trying to recruit PG according to ESPN. JMV is on vacation this week getting hammered per his Tweet so I haven't heard much news at all locally. He is the only source I fully trust.

Here's some blathering from some Sporting News nobody. It's really a whole lot of nothing:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nb ... um=twitter

Yeah a lot can happen, also what I meant by JMV is the only source I can trust I meant that locally. A lot of others around here are full of it. In your neck of the woods I trust Ramona as well.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:14 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:20 pm

Paul George to OKC. NBA action. It's faaaaaaantastic.
lakerevolution

Postby kjkirby » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:28 pm

I think that trade favors the Lakers
kjkirby

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:31 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I sure didn't see this coming. OKC only had to give up Sabonis and Oladipo to get him. They probably wont beat the Warriors but I can see them in the Western Finals.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:02 am

Positive points - he isn't a Celtic or a Cav, sick of other great players helping LeBron out and I would've puked had PG been in Celtic green! Negative points - PG wont be a Laker this season so I don't see us making the Playoffs. With him we had a chance to be .500 and maybe squeeze in. So it will be 1 more year of losing a lot but I do think Ingram will be better and Ball will have a Good Rookie season. I can see us finally winning 30 games perhaps 30-32 with the Roster we have now, PG would've added 10 to that total.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:51 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Positive points - he isn't a Celtic or a Cav, sick of other great players helping LeBron out and I would've puked had PG been in Celtic green! Negative points - PG wont be a Laker this season so I don't see us making the Playoffs. With him we had a chance to be .500 and maybe squeeze in. So it will be 1 more year of losing a lot but I do think Ingram will be better and Ball will have a Good Rookie season. I can see us finally winning 30 games perhaps 30-32 with the Roster we have now, PG would've added 10 to that total.

Ideally, this plays out to our favor. Eric Pincus is really concerned that Sam Presti will convince him to stay in OKC after he tastes winning there. They can offer him a 5 year deal; the Lakers can't.

HAVING SAID THAT, let's see how serious Paul George is in wanting to have his jersey retired at Staples Center someday. If he chooses to stay in OKC, he's just another one of these AAU superstars who is full of shit and I wouldn't want him anyway. This morning's rumor, which I take with a grain of salt, is that Westbrook is talking about waiting to sign his 5 year super max deal with OKC because he wants to see how things work out with PG now. I do NOT believe that for a second. He will sign and be off the market for next summer sooner rather than later.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:10 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Positive points - he isn't a Celtic or a Cav, sick of other great players helping LeBron out and I would've puked had PG been in Celtic green! Negative points - PG wont be a Laker this season so I don't see us making the Playoffs. With him we had a chance to be .500 and maybe squeeze in. So it will be 1 more year of losing a lot but I do think Ingram will be better and Ball will have a Good Rookie season. I can see us finally winning 30 games perhaps 30-32 with the Roster we have now, PG would've added 10 to that total.

Ideally, this plays out to our favor. Eric Pincus is really concerned that Sam Presti will convince him to stay in OKC after he tastes winning there. They can offer him a 5 year deal; the Lakers can't.

HAVING SAID THAT, let's see how serious Paul George is in wanting to have his jersey retired at Staples Center someday. If he chooses to stay in OKC, he's just another one of these AAU superstars who is full of shit and I wouldn't want him anyway. This morning's rumor, which I take with a grain of salt, is that Westbrook is talking about waiting to sign his 5 year super max deal with OKC because he wants to see how things work out with PG now. I do NOT believe that for a second. He will sign and be off the market for next summer sooner rather than later.

This was a fantastic deal for the Thunder, they only had to give up Oladipo and Sabonis to get a Top 15 player in the League. A Wing like PG is almost impossible to find! Really only LeBron/Durant/and Leonard are better Wings. Also if PG leaves the Thunder then they will have tons of Cap Space as well. So they are in a win/win situation. I would almost say this puts the Thunder as the 2nd best team in the West, maybe the league. Spurs are getting long in the tooth up front with Aldridge and Gasol, Rockets just don't play any Defense. The CP3 addition is solid but he's starting to age. The Thunder probably wont beat the Warriors but they have just given their fans something to watch all year. Thunder may win 55-57 games now, they won 47 last season. Russ, PG, Adams, and Kanter are all young players. They are huge up front.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:30 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:This was a fantastic deal for the Thunder, they only had to give up Oladipo and Sabonis to get a Top 15 player in the League. A Wing like PG is almost impossible to find! Really only LeBron/Durant/and Leonard are better Wings. Also if PG leaves the Thunder then they will have tons of Cap Space as well. So they are in a win/win situation. I would almost say this puts the Thunder as the 2nd best team in the West, maybe the league. Spurs are getting long in the tooth up front with Aldridge and Gasol, Rockets just don't play any Defense. The CP3 addition is solid but he's starting to age. The Thunder probably wont beat the Warriors but they have just given their fans something to watch all year. Thunder may win 55-57 games now, they won 47 last season. Russ, PG, Adams, and Kanter are all young players. They are huge up front.

Excellent analysis, which is why Pincus is concerned.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:10 pm

lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:21 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:This was a fantastic deal for the Thunder, they only had to give up Oladipo and Sabonis to get a Top 15 player in the League. A Wing like PG is almost impossible to find! Really only LeBron/Durant/and Leonard are better Wings. Also if PG leaves the Thunder then they will have tons of Cap Space as well. So they are in a win/win situation. I would almost say this puts the Thunder as the 2nd best team in the West, maybe the league. Spurs are getting long in the tooth up front with Aldridge and Gasol, Rockets just don't play any Defense. The CP3 addition is solid but he's starting to age. The Thunder probably wont beat the Warriors but they have just given their fans something to watch all year. Thunder may win 55-57 games now, they won 47 last season. Russ, PG, Adams, and Kanter are all young players. They are huge up front.

Excellent analysis, which is why Pincus is concerned.

I have a feeling this is going to be bad, OKC will make the WCFinals and barely lose to the Warriors but PG will stay and be a hero in that city because Durant left. They will then add to Russ, PG, and Adams in 2019 :roflmao: Sam Presti is a mad man when it comes to wheeling an dealing.
3Peatkb24

Postby kjkirby » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Paul George does not turn the Thunder into the second best team out west. 4th or 5th seed at best. Just below SA and with GS and Hou on top. They will be in the mix with Utah and Memphis. They now have 2 stars which the other teams also have, but with better supporting cast. They would be better positioned out East.
kjkirby

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk