GOAT's from every sport

GOAT's from every sport

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:33 pm

I was just at a huge family gathering where I had at least 10 or so family and friends discussing GOAT's/Sports for a couple of hours. Home now and here's my takes on this:

Baseball - My choice was Willie Mays, I took him over Babe Ruth. Here's why - African Americans weren't allowed to play in Ruth's days, he didn't play against the best competition IMO. So I took a player Post WW2/Jackie Robinson Merger (1947-present). Mays almost hit as many HR's as Ruth did, Mays 660/Ruth 714. Mays also had a great career Batting Average at .302 and won 12 Gold Gloves! He also won a WS, so he is a Champion. He has the complete resume in a much better era than what Ruth played.

Football - My choice was Tom Brady , I took him over Joe Montana and Peyton Manning. IMO it has to be a QB because that is the most important position on the field. Don't give me Jerry Rice, dude was a WR. Brady not only has the most SB wins with 5 but has Great Statistics to go along with his Championships. By my eye test Montana was the most Clutch though by going 4-0 in SB's with 0 INT's in those 4 SB's = 4 legit Championships where he didn't mess up once. Peyton was a Coach on the field and won 5 League MVP's. Also he is the only QB in NFL History to win a SB with 2 different teams as a Starter, he does have 2 Championships which is nothing to sneeze at! This was close. I am still not real happy deep down with choosing Brady because of the Patriots cheating scandals = Spygate and Deflatagte, thinking should this be factored in when ranking him?

Basketball - My choice was Michael Jordan, I took him over Magic Johnson. Jordan won 6 Championships(6-0 in Finals), 6 Finals MVP's, and 5 League MVP's. He also won 10 Scoring Titles + won a DPOY award as well in 1988. Just cant top that IMO. Magic Johnson was a clear 2nd to me! Over 10,000 Assists in just 12 seasons, 9 Finals Appearances, and won 5 Championships. He to me was the best Leader in NBA history and clearly Greatest PG ever.

Golf - My choice was Jack Nicklaus. Sorry Tiger, you were on your way but have stunk up the joint for the last 8 years and Jack has you in majors 18-14 = edge has to be Jack without debate.

Boxing - My choice was Muhammed Ali. IMO I find it hard to believe anyone could beat Mike Tyson in the history of Boxing when Mike fought between 1986-1989 but longevity is a huge part of being great as well. Ali's longevity is just much better and it allowed Ali to fight and beat great fighters over 2 decades. He beat Liston in the 60s and then beat Frazier and Foreman in the 70s.

Hockey - I don't follow Hockey and rarely have watched it in my lifetime so no comment. Most people say Wayne Gretzky is the GOAT though. I know he had an amazing career but I also know there have been several other great players too.

Soccer - I don't follow Soccer and rarely have watched it in my lifetime so no comment. Most people say Pele or Messi is the GOAT. To be honest I have no fucking clue :roflmao:

Tennis - My choice was Roger Federer. He has won the most Majors with 18 so this was easy for me. He has won every Major at least once and has won Wimbledon a bunch.

Chess - It's Fucking Bobby Fischer! Drops mic, sorry Russia :roflmao: 3Peat out!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: GOAT's from every sport

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:07 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I was just at a huge family gathering where I had at least 10 or so family and friends discussing GOAT's/Sports for a couple of hours. Home now and here's my takes on this:

Baseball - My choice was Willie Mays, I took him over Babe Ruth. Here's why - African Americans weren't allowed to play in Ruth's days, he didn't play against the best competition IMO. So I took a player Post WW2/Jackie Robinson Merger (1947-present). Mays almost hit as many HR's as Ruth did, Mays 660/Ruth 714. Mays also had a great career Batting Average at .302 and won 12 Gold Gloves! He also won a WS, so he is a Champion. He has the complete resume in a much better era than what Ruth played.

Football - My choice was Tom Brady , I took him over Joe Montana and Peyton Manning. IMO it has to be a QB because that is the most important position on the field. Don't give me Jerry Rice, dude was a WR. Brady not only has the most SB wins with 5 but has Great Statistics to go along with his Championships. By my eye test Montana was the most Clutch though by going 4-0 in SB's with 0 INT's in those 4 SB's = 4 legit Championships where he didn't mess up once. Peyton was a Coach on the field and won 5 League MVP's. Also he is the only QB in NFL History to win a SB with 2 different teams as a Starter, he does have 2 Championships which is nothing to sneeze at! This was close. I am still not real happy deep down with choosing Brady because of the Patriots cheating scandals = Spygate and Deflatagte, thinking should this be factored in when ranking him?

Basketball - My choice was Michael Jordan, I took him over Magic Johnson. Jordan won 6 Championships(6-0 in Finals), 6 Finals MVP's, and 5 League MVP's. He also won 10 Scoring Titles + won a DPOY award as well in 1988. Just cant top that IMO. Magic Johnson was a clear 2nd to me! Over 10,000 Assists in just 12 seasons, 9 Finals Appearances, and won 5 Championships. He to me was the best Leader in NBA history and clearly Greatest PG ever.

Golf - My choice was Jack Nicklaus. Sorry Tiger, you were on your way but have stunk up the joint for the last 8 years and Jack has you in majors 18-14 = edge has to be Jack without debate.

Boxing - My choice was Muhammed Ali. IMO I find it hard to believe anyone could beat Mike Tyson in the history of Boxing when Mike fought between 1986-1989 but longevity is a huge part of being great as well. Ali's longevity is just much better and it allowed Ali to fight and beat great fighters over 2 decades. He beat Liston in the 60s and then beat Frazier and Foreman in the 70s.

Hockey - I don't follow Hockey and rarely have watched it in my lifetime so no comment. Most people say Wayne Gretzky is the GOAT though. I know he had an amazing career but I also know there have been several other great players too.

Soccer - I don't follow Soccer and rarely have watched it in my lifetime so no comment. Most people say Pele or Messi is the GOAT. To be honest I have no fucking clue :roflmao:

Tennis - My choice was Roger Federer. He has won the most Majors with 18 so this was easy for me. He has won every Major at least once and has won Wimbledon a bunch.

Chess - It's Fucking Bobby Fischer! Drops mic, sorry Russia :roflmao: 3Peat out!

How anyone in the media can think LeBron is a better player than Magic Johnson is just pure ridiculous. They deserve to lose their job - I know harsh but it is just dumb. Unless LeBron can pull a miracle off and his Cavs beat the Warriors it is just dumb talk. Dude will be 3-5 in Finals and Magic was much better in the Clutch and the ultimate Team Player. Magic 5-3 in Championships and a much better Leader too. Even when it comes to League MVP's LeBron only has 1 more 4-3 and Magic was trying to win those when Bird and Jordan were dominating. Both have 3 Finals MVP's so that is even. Comparing Overall Statistics between the 2 isn't fair because Magic had his career cut short. In 12 seasons Magic still had over 10,000 Assists and is the all-time leader in career Assist average with 11.2. Not even John Stockton averaged more per season, he was at 10.5. Magic won freakin Finals MVP as a Rookie too, I guarantee that will never happen again in NBA History!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:40 pm

A lot of folks are hopping on the "when his career is over, LeBron will be the best basketball player ever" bandwagon. He has put up some incredible, historical stats, and except that his path in the East has made Finals appearances much easier, he has been the single most dominant player during his era. Though he still bull-rushes for layups and cries and flops, he moved out of his early crab-dribbling ways and worked on his shot and his all-around game.

It will be difficult to top the career Jordan had, and his legacy will keep his spot at #1 secure in the minds of most fans old enough to have seen him in his prime. The Millenials? Who knows.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:01 pm

lakerevolution wrote:A lot of folks are hopping on the "when his career is over, LeBron will be the best basketball player ever" bandwagon. He has put up some incredible, historical stats, and except that his path in the East has made Finals appearances much easier, he has been the single most dominant player during his era. Though he still bull-rushes for layups and cries and flops, he moved out of his early crab-dribbling ways and worked on his shot and his all-around game.

It will be difficult to top the career Jordan had, and his legacy will keep his spot at #1 secure in the minds of most fans old enough to have seen him in his prime. The Millenials? Who knows.

To me LeBron wasn't better than Kobe either but If I keep this up I start sounding like a Laker homer but he wasn't! Kobe had much more killer instinct and was a much better Scorer + he has 5 Championships as well. Kobe may be the only person ever that could beat Jordan 1 on 1 if you matched both up in their primes.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:05 pm

For the Forum:

I will throw a non Laker in the mix. Give me 1 reason why LeBron should be rated higher than Tim Duncan all-time. I am sure you can but I have 5 reasons why Tim should be rated higher that I can come back with.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:01 am

I got 2 words for LeBron tomorrow. KEVIN DURANT :LOBtrophy:
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk