KobeMVP888 wrote:

Please clear waivers!

That's too bad, I liked him!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: The Lakers' 2017 Draft and Summer Moves

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:34 am

Go Cavs!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:30 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Go Cavs!

:roflmao: I agree. He is pretty much done. Cavs are getting desperate aren't they?
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:28 pm

I would like this.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Oy
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:37 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Oy

:roflmao: Ok I have to admit, what would it hurt? I really wont bitch about this if it happens but not sure I understand it? So far I love every move we have made so if Magic gives me 1 thing to question I guess I shouldn't be too harsh. Rose is still a Good player but as we know injury prone and not even close to what he was when he won MVP back in 2011 (he's done regarding being Great). Maybe Magic is looking for a Veteran mentor for Lonzo?
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:17 am

3Peatkb24 wrote: :roflmao: Ok I have to admit, what would it hurt? I really wont bitch about this if it happens but not sure I understand it? So far I love every move we have made so if Magic gives me 1 thing to question I guess I shouldn't be too harsh. Rose is still a Good player but as we know injury prone and not even close to what he was when he won MVP back in 2011 (he's done regarding being Great). Maybe Magic is looking for a Veteran mentor for Lonzo?

You're right. It's a high risk/high reward 13th roster spot. Imagine a 28 year old former MVP being asked to back up a rookie? He'll pick Cleveland. There's really nothing to offer him here for his future. Nothing to offer in Cleveland for his future either, except a probable trip to the NBA Finals. For half the money and as wealthy as he already is, I'd choose that. Or go back to the Bulls,
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:04 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:28 am

Hey, when all else fails .... youth and quickness. He knows Luke's system and most of his teammates. Let's go!
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:43 am

So here's our annual "how many wins will we have next year" guessing game. If we can win 25+ with D'Lo, Randle, Nance, Clarkie et al, then with our roster as currently constructed - not to mention the end of the Mitch Kupchak Era and a new Playgirl Jeannie Buss/Magic Johnson dynamic duo, with possibly our best draftee over the last few years in LoBall - we have every right to expect 30+ wins. High 30s might be right.

My guess is 33 wins. For Kareem.

syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2723709-charles-barkley-on-if-lakers-can-make-playoffs-next-season-hell-no.amp.html

"Barkley also got in one more shot at his new rival LaVar Ball before the end of the interview. When asked if he could beat Lonzo's father one-on-one, Barkley said, "everybody can." "
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:54 am

lakerevolution wrote:So here's our annual "how many wins will we have next year" guessing game. If we can win 25+ with D'Lo, Randle, Nance, Clarkie et al, then with our roster as currently constructed - not to mention the end of the Mitch Kupchak Era and a new Playgirl Jeannie Buss/Magic Johnson dynamic duo, with possibly our best draftee over the last few years in LoBall - we have every right to expect 30+ wins. High 30s might be right.

syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2723709-charles-barkley-on-if-lakers-can-make-playoffs-next-season-hell-no.amp.html

"Barkley also got in one more shot at his new rival LaVar Ball before the end of the interview. When asked if he could beat Lonzo's father one-on-one, Barkley said, "everybody can." "

With our roster as currently constructed :lolflash: , I believe we will make the playoffs. THAT'S RIGHT! THE PLAYOFFS!

1) Brook Lopez is 29, still improving and is a monumental improvement over our Mozgov, Zubac, Black Three Headed Monster last season. He is the PERFECT compliment to Julius Randle, who will be a beast in his third pro season. Lopez will spread the floor and has a reputation for boxing out well and setting great screens. This is Pau and LO with respect to the interior passing of Lopez, Randle/Nance/Kuz. I can't overstate how HUGE this acquisition was. He is a top echelon center in today's NBA.

2) KCP is a far superior compliment to Lonzo that DLo would have been. Not only can he hit the three, handle the ball and share it, but KCP is one of the league's top defensive shooting guards and will take the pressure off Lonzo at that end. He will guard everyone from Steph to Dame to Kawhi. Also, because he's in a contract season, expect him to remind you of Klay Thompson's trajectory this season. This is a perfect fit.

3) Brandon Ingram will take a huge leap this season with the pieces around him. He will play with supreme confidence and take Magic Johnson up on the challenge that has been issued to him.

4) Lonzo. What a special player. It doesn't matter whether this is high school, college or the NBA, the better the players around him, the better Lonzo will make them and the better he will be. Sure, he will experience growing pains, but will still be magnificent in the process. ROY.

5) Nance, Clarkson and Tyler Ennis are now veterans. Although we did lose scoring power with Lou Williams and Nick Young gone, the bench has a degree of continuity to it and with veterans like Cory Brewer and Luol Deng, not to mention the curious amazing skill set of rookie Kyle Kuzma, I still think the bench will be competitive.

6) Man, is this the most athletic Lakers team since Showtime or what? Think about it. The entire starting five is long (except Julius), fast and extremely athletic! Bring in a small ball second unit of Nance, Kuzma, Brewer, Ennis and Clarkson and you ain't losing much in that regard.

BARRING INJURIES, OF COURSE .. A TRUE FAN STAPLE CAVEAT .. THIS TEAM WILL SURPRISE!

43-39 and the 8th seed.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:24 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:So here's our annual "how many wins will we have next year" guessing game. If we can win 25+ with D'Lo, Randle, Nance, Clarkie et al, then with our roster as currently constructed - not to mention the end of the Mitch Kupchak Era and a new Playgirl Jeannie Buss/Magic Johnson dynamic duo, with possibly our best draftee over the last few years in LoBall - we have every right to expect 30+ wins. High 30s might be right.

With our roster as currently constructed :lolflash: , I believe we will make the playoffs. THAT'S RIGHT! THE PLAYOFFS!

1) Brook Lopez is 29, still improving and is a monumental improvement over our Mozgov, Zubac, Black Three Headed Monster last season. He is the PERFECT compliment to Julius Randle, who will be a beast in his third pro season. Lopez will spread the floor and has a reputation for boxing out well and setting great screens. This is Pau and LO with respect to the interior passing of Lopez, Randle/Nance/Kuz. I can't overstate how HUGE this acquisition was. He is a top echelon center in today's NBA.

2) KCP is a far superior compliment to Lonzo that DLo would have been. Not only can he hit the three, handle the ball and share it, but KCP is one of the league's top defensive shooting guards and will take the pressure off Lonzo at that end. He will guard everyone from Steph to Dame to Kawhi. Also, because he's in a contract season, expect him to remind you of Klay Thompson's trajectory this season. This is a perfect fit.

3) Brandon Ingram will take a huge leap this season with the pieces around him. He will play with supreme confidence and take Magic Johnson up on the challenge that has been issued to him.

4) Lonzo. What a special player. It doesn't matter whether this is high school, college or the NBA, the better the players around him, the better Lonzo will make them and the better he will be. Sure, he will experience growing pains, but will still be magnificent in the process. ROY.

5) Nance, Clarkson and Tyler Ennis are now veterans. Although we did lose scoring power with Lou Williams and Nick Young gone, the bench has a degree of continuity to it and with veterans like Cory Brewer and Luol Deng, not to mention the curious amazing skill set of rookie Kyle Kuzma, I still think the bench will be competitive.

6) Man, is this the most athletic Lakers team since Showtime or what? Think about it. The entire starting five is long (except Julius), fast and extremely athletic! Bring in a small ball second unit of Nance, Kuzma, Brewer, Ennis and Clarkson and you ain't losing much in that regard.

BARRING INJURIES, OF COURSE .. A TRUE FAN STAPLE CAVEAT .. THIS TEAM WILL SURPRISE!

43-39 and the 8th seed.

Your Post is pretty thorough to why I think going .500 isn't a stretch. Of course HEALTH is always huge but if we stay healthy I would say my projection is 41-41. Even though it was just Summer League I feel a lot better picking Lonzo now. He has great potential written all over him. Ingram entering season 2 should be better as well. Lopez is a huge upgrade at Center and Randle should be better too. I am not sure 41-41 gets us in the Playoffs but it could as an 8 Seed.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:16 am

AKA a training camp invite. Good luck though. We could use a guy with his scorer's mentality!
KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:49 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

5) Nance, Clarkson and Tyler Ennis are now veterans. Although we did lose scoring power with Lou Williams and Nick Young gone, the bench has a degree of continuity to it and with veterans like Corey Brewer and Luol Deng, not to mention the curious amazing skill set of rookie Kyle Kuzma, I still think the bench will be competitive.

43-39 and the 8th seed.

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:52 pm

I'll be optimistically cautious for now. I'll say 34 Wins (on the low side) to 43 Wins (on the high side). So right now if I had to choose I'd go in the middle 38-39 Wins!
Lakers4Life

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk