The Lakers' 2017 Draft and Summer Moves

The Lakers' 2017 Draft and Summer Moves

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Thought I'd start this thread now. I didn't realize that we have the 33rd pick in case we lose the top 3 pick, but lose it if we keep the top 3 pick. Last time we had something similar, got got Larry Nance, then Anthony Brown. One stuck, one didn't, so I'll take those odds if we lose the pick.

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: The Lakers' 2017 Draft and Summer Moves

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:21 pm

Javaris Crittenton and Marc Gasol type of draft.
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Julius Russell wrote:Javaris Crittenton and Marc Gasol type of draft.

So you're saying we're going to get a Pau Gasol type of difference maker out of of this draft if we lose the pick!

We got Pau and a '10 2nd - Devin Ebanks for Kwame, Crit, Marc, Aaron McKie (still had rights to him), an '08 1st - Donte Green and a '10 1st - Greivis Vasquez.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:16 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:13 am

Will Tarik continue to be a P/T player, or will his minutes increase? We may use our pick(s) to get a vet we really need . . still hard to believe Mitch isn't part of the process.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:19 am

lakerevolution wrote:Will Tarik continue to be a P/T player, or will his minutes increase? We may use our pick(s) to get a vet we really need . . still hard to believe Mitch isn't part of the process.

All you here from Lakers fans is how they failed. You don't hear about the youth movement that has resulted and how they have made a little something for the future out of absolutely nothing. It's pretty universal that Jim Buss was a disliked asshole and that probably spilled over in some manner regarding free agents, but the result has been a roster stocked with young prospects with high ceilings. MItch did a solid job drafting and even grabbing Tarik off the waiver wire was a solid move. I can see him being a rotation player on a championship team in 5 years.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:03 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Will Tarik continue to be a P/T player, or will his minutes increase? We may use our pick(s) to get a vet we really need . . still hard to believe Mitch isn't part of the process.

All you here from Lakers fans is how they failed. You don't hear about the youth movement that has resulted and how they have made a little something for the future out of absolutely nothing. It's pretty universal that Jim Buss was a disliked asshole and that probably spilled over in some manner regarding free agents, but the result has been a roster stocked with young prospects with high ceilings. MItch did a solid job drafting and even grabbing Tarik off the waiver wire was a solid move. I can see him being a rotation player on a championship team in 5 years.

We did improve 9 games so that is a start. Actually that is good for any team. Most of the media had our over under at 25 and we won 26.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:19 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:50 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I am just wondering if we should have patience and wait until he is a Free Agent after the 2018 Season and hope he signs with us so we don't lose anyone? If we trade for him, Bird is going to want Ingram and probably Randle and our Draft pick if we keep it which we will find that out in a month or so. I don't think Bird will chase Russell because he has Teague but the Pacers can use Randle's toughness = Rebounding and Ingram would be the 1 guy that could replace George. The Draft pick being Top 3 would also give the Pacers another young guy to go with Turner if Bird trades George. In return we would get George = a Superstar and still keep Russell, Clarkson, Nance, and Zubac. Also we could still add another Free Agent VET that is Good to pair up with George if we acquire George which is why trading for George could be huge. Of course if we trade for George he has to at least agree to a 4 year deal to stay as well.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:27 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I am just wondering if we should have patience and wait until he is a Free Agent after the 2018 Season and hope he signs with us so we don't lose anyone? If we trade for him, Bird is going to want Ingram and probably Randle and our Draft pick if we keep it which we will find that out in a month or so. I don't think Bird will chase Russell because he has Teague but the Pacers can use Randle's toughness = Rebounding and Ingram would be the 1 guy that could replace George. The Draft pick being Top 3 would also give the Pacers another young guy to go with Turner if Bird trades George. In return we would get George = a Superstar and still keep Russell, Clarkson, Nance, and Zubac. Also we could still add another Free Agent VET that is Good to pair up with George if we acquire George which is why trading for George could be huge. Of course if we trade for George he has to at least agree to a 4 year deal to stay as well.

I don't know what to think about all this. If it is true that Paul George wants to be the next Lakers superstar and that this is his ultimate destination, then of course we should wait, but what if the Chowds make Larry Bird an offer he can't refuse with the understanding that PG won't necessarily re-sign in Boston and then the fucking Celtics go to the NBA Finals next year? In that scenario, Paul George isn't go to jump ship and sign with the Lakers; he will sign a long term deal in Boston. I think the Lakers should offer Randle and Clarkson for him and try to weave Mozgov or Deng into a multi=player deal, with the understanding the PG will sign a long term deal. Then they can go after another free agent either this summer or next to pair with PG. Who? I have no clue. Larry Bird is NOT going to let him leave the Pacers for nothing. He MIGHT wait until the trade deadline next February, but look what the Queens got for Cousins? Again, I don't know what to think about all this except that getting Paul George would be a start. I would try to hold on to Russell, Ingram, Nance and Zubac though.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:50 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I am just wondering if we should have patience and wait until he is a Free Agent after the 2018 Season and hope he signs with us so we don't lose anyone? If we trade for him, Bird is going to want Ingram and probably Randle and our Draft pick if we keep it which we will find that out in a month or so. I don't think Bird will chase Russell because he has Teague but the Pacers can use Randle's toughness = Rebounding and Ingram would be the 1 guy that could replace George. The Draft pick being Top 3 would also give the Pacers another young guy to go with Turner if Bird trades George. In return we would get George = a Superstar and still keep Russell, Clarkson, Nance, and Zubac. Also we could still add another Free Agent VET that is Good to pair up with George if we acquire George which is why trading for George could be huge. Of course if we trade for George he has to at least agree to a 4 year deal to stay as well.

I don't know what to think about all this. If it is true that Paul George wants to be the next Lakers superstar and that this is his ultimate destination, then of course we should wait, but what if the Chowds make Larry Bird an offer he can't refuse with the understanding that PG won't necessarily re-sign in Boston and then the fucking Celtics go to the NBA Finals next year? In that scenario, Paul George isn't go to jump ship and sign with the Lakers; he will sign a long term deal in Boston. I think the Lakers should offer Randle and Clarkson for him and try to weave Mozgov or Deng into a multi=player deal, with the understanding the PG will sign a long term deal. Then they can go after another free agent either this summer or next to pair with PG. Who? I have no clue. Larry Bird is NOT going to let him leave the Pacers for nothing. He MIGHT wait until the trade deadline next February, but look what the Queens got for Cousins? Again, I don't know what to think about all this except that getting Paul George would be a start. I would try to hold on to Russell, Ingram, Nance and Zubac though.

That is another thing that scares me and is why we should trade for him because if goes to Boston and teams up with Thomas that is lethal, + that would even make Horford better. C's would be really tough to beat even for LeBron. I honestly don't think Bird will give up George unless it is for a lot. I almost know he will want Ingram in any kind of deal with us but I could be wrong. Bird is no dummy and the Pacers need more toughness and someone to replace George is why I would almost bet he would ask for Ingram and Randle at least.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:19 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Bird is no dummy and the Pacers need more toughness and someone to replace George is why I would almost bet he would ask for Ingram and Randle at least.

I would not give up both of them in a deal. If he wants Ingram for PG, then he needs to take either Deng or Mozgov off our hands because everyone knows that Ingram has a very high ceiling. Randle also has a high ceiling. At 22, he is already one of the strongest players in the league and will be a beast when he is 25. He is also an excellent ball handler and playmaker for his size and has the potential to be very special, so Randle and Clarkson plus a throw in for PG is a great deal for Indiana. Remember, with PG's ability to be an unrestricted FA in 2018, Bird's hand is only so strong. His best move would be to play the Lakers and Celtics off each other this summer. The Lakers only potential advantage would be if PG said he would commit to us, but not to the Chowds. Like I said though, Danny Ainge might be willing to risk that. The Celtics have more to offer, too.
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:21 pm

We should be thinking Booker or Towns age players before George.
Pelinka mentioned a Center as a target piece.

I think the new regime love Ingram and like the rest of the guys enough to want to see them next season.

If George joins us it will be through FA...
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:04 am

Julius Russell wrote:We should be thinking Booker or Towns age players before George.
Pelinka mentioned a Center as a target piece.

I think the new regime love Ingram and like the rest of the guys enough to want to see them next season.

If George joins us it will be through FA...

PG will be 27 on May 26th. In 4 years he'll be at about the age Kobe was when he won his second batch of titles. We know he isn't Kobe, but maybe Ingram will be by then and perhaps they will get another PG age player, like Cousins or Blake Griffin, to pair with him. Who knows.
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:56 am

Wishful thinking.

Local connections rarely work out.

Greek Freak is more realistic in 4 seasons.

We all want to accelerate the process but unless owners want us to win ... I think it will take time
Julius Russell

Next

Return to LakerTalk