The Lakers' 2017 Draft and Summer Moves

Re: The Lakers' 2017 Draft and Summer Moves

Postby Julius Russell » Wed May 31, 2017 8:11 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Some people are high on Josh Jackson as well but I think we have to go Ball or Fox.JMO, assuming Fultz goes #1.

Lonzo Ball is NBA ready on the offensive end. His IQ is through the roof. In fact, I think he will be better than Fultz. The Lakers MUST draft him. Lavar is a non-factor.

I saw Lakers Film Room breakdown of him and there are serious questions about his game
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:26 am

The professionals will make their educated decision. If they aren't madly in love with him, it would not shock me to see them trade down. The Queens own the #5 and #10 picks and need a court organizer like Ball. Unless the Lakers are in love with Ball, it would not surprise me if they explored trades.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:03 am

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:32 pm

I've heard both sides of the coin and I am in the pro Lonzo camp now.
I like his size as a 1- 2 with Russell and with his IQ and size ...i can see him being a better off ball player than people think.
Off ball screen setter and backdoor cuts fit his skill set.

I can see
Russell
Ball
Ingram
Randle
Nance being 24 - 32 together and Zubac and Clarkson all still here perfecting their games and roles and being dynasty. Spends a ton on Ingram and Russell and Luke as well as everyone else not becoming stagnant. But those 3 have to become great.

I can also see a reality where Zubac and Ball and a perceived steal at the 28th this season aS well as maybe Nance or Clarkson being traded for Paul George and if we have to part with Clarkson or Randle even ...Demg or Mosgov shipped out with another bad contract coming back but open flexibility.

You could have
Russell
George
Ingram
Deng
Nance

Or
Russell
George
Ingram
Randle
Mosgov

I want the young team to get a true chance.
That was year 1 as a unit. As individuals some have a bit more experience than other but in that Kobe run it wasn't typical NBA ball.
Russell and Randle are the guys who need to show some tangible improvement in consistency but still understand that they are young player until about year 6 honestly. Look at the playoff teams and the best players on those teams. That's a long wait but we're close in many respects
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:32 pm

Julius Russell wrote:I've heard both sides of the coin and I am in the pro Lonzo camp now.
I like his size as a 1- 2 with Russell and with his IQ and size ...i can see him being a better off ball player than people think.
Off ball screen setter and backdoor cuts fit his skill set.

I can see
Russell
Ball
Ingram
Randle
Nance being 24 - 32 together and Zubac and Clarkson all still here perfecting their games and roles and being dynasty. Spends a ton on Ingram and Russell and Luke as well as everyone else not becoming stagnant. But those 3 have to become great.

I can also see a reality where Zubac and Ball and a perceived steal at the 28th this season aS well as maybe Nance or Clarkson being traded for Paul George and if we have to part with Clarkson or Randle even ...Demg or Mosgov shipped out with another bad contract coming back but open flexibility.

You could have
Russell
George
Ingram
Deng
Nance

Or
Russell
George
Ingram
Randle
Mosgov

I want the young team to get a true chance.
That was year 1 as a unit. As individuals some have a bit more experience than other but in that Kobe run it wasn't typical NBA ball.
Russell and Randle are the guys who need to show some tangible improvement in consistency but still understand that they are young player until about year 6 honestly. Look at the playoff teams and the best players on those teams. That's a long wait but we're close in many respects

I'm in agreement. Lonzo will compliment D'Angelo beautifully. Lonzo is a true Kidd-like point guard. Russell is a left handed Clyde Frazier with range. To me, Randle is the wild card/trade chip. I can envision another scenario where Magic/Rob for reasons relating to their possible view on DLo's character/work ethic, trade him for a player like Tont Snell or Seth Curry (or another younger version of JJ Redick). Should be an interesting summer, but we say that almost every year these days. It may very well be the most conservative and boring summer yet. Who knows.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:44 am

Scott knows a guy who plays volleyball with Luke and Jud Buechler. They told him that Josh Jackson is only 6'6" without shoes and that both he and Fox have horrific shots. It sounds like Lonzo will be our pick. I hope so.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:19 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Scott knows a guy who plays volleyball with Luke and Jud Buechler. They told him that Josh Jackson is only 6'6" without shoes and that both he and Fox have horrific shots. It sounds like Lonzo will be our pick. I hope so.

With me it has always been between Ball and Fox, I have never been high on Jackson. From everything I have been hearing, it looks like Ball will be the pick. He is POTENTIALLY basically CP3 with size IMO so lets Rock-N-Roll! I just hope his Father isn't a distraction if we pick him. He seems to belittle women at times with the way he talks in interviews and white people as well which Is a bad vibe. If this guy is a distraction it could definitely affect the team off the court and chemistry on the court with the players that play with Ball.

Fox IMO is John Wall part 2, remember Wall didn't have a jumper when he entered the NBA and has improved it a lot. Fox has Wall's speed and is a better Defender.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:40 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:Scott knows a guy who plays volleyball with Luke and Jud Buechler. They told him that Josh Jackson is only 6'6" without shoes and that both he and Fox have horrific shots. It sounds like Lonzo will be our pick. I hope so.

With me it has always been between Ball and Fox, I have never been high on Jackson. From everything I have been hearing, it looks like Ball will be the pick. He is POTENTIALLY basically CP3 with size IMO so lets Rock-N-Roll! I just hope his Father isn't a distraction if we pick him. He seems to belittle women at times with the way he talks in interviews and white people as well which Is a bad vibe. If this guy is a distraction it could definitely affect the team off the court and chemistry on the court with the players that play with Ball.

Fox IMO is John Wall part 2, remember Wall didn't have a jumper when he entered the NBA and has improved it a lot. Fox has Wall's speed and is a better Defender.

Don't worry about Lavar. It's a non-issue. The other thing Scott was told that Luke was told by Mitch that the Deng/Mozgov offers were going to be for 2-3 seasons, but that Mitch panicked.

The biggest concern now for me is the Jerry West thing. They will also lose Ryan West. This is probably the most upsetting thing that has happened for me since the 2011 CBA. The Busses need to sell the team. We didn't need another setback right now, and "losing" Jerry and probably Ryan to the Clippsterns is about as irritating as it gets.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:32 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:55 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

Don't worry about Lavar. It's a non-issue. The other thing Scott was told that Luke was told by Mitch that the Deng/Mozgov offers were going to be for 2-3 seasons, but that Mitch panicked.

The biggest concern now for me is the Jerry West thing. They will also lose Ryan West. This is probably the most upsetting thing that has happened for me since the 2011 CBA. The Busses need to sell the team. We didn't need another setback right now, and "losing" Jerry and probably Ryan to the Clippsterns is about as irritating as it gets.

Are you not sold on Magic and Rob? I am excited to see what they can do. I am not so sure Logo can turn the Clippers into a Championship team at this point, they have a ton of talent already but cant win with it. I think the Clippers core is played out unless they make a huge trade that favors them but not sure what that could be. Regarding Lavar, I hear what you are saying but he has said some things that have me scratching my head.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:56 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I honestly think he wants to stay in Indy but he wants to win a Championship too - who doesn't, look at the path Durant took. He also loves California because he's from there so we do have a chance. The Pacers really don't want to trade him but they also fear if they don't, they could lose him for nothing. This will be interesting to see how it plays out with George.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:39 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:32 am

KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Not believing any draft stories. Especially Chad Ford.

Lonzo is nothing like Cp3 3peat. More like Rondo or Rubio.

Ryan West is a name. He was associated with good draft picks but so what. The era of us drafting in the lotto is done.

Heard Lonzo was 6'6 in shoes.
Julius Russell

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:52 pm

The Battle for Los Angeles is on now . . Logo to the muthafuckin Clippers?? The lpmua6 cards just keep getting played. Madness.
lakerevolution

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk