The Lakers' 2017 Draft and Summer Moves

Re: The Lakers' 2017 Draft and Summer Moves

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:37 am

More potentially great news for the Lakers if he is truly "dead set" on coming here!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Yeah people around the Indianapolis area are pretty stunned and upset. I have been listening to local radio and most people in Indy are just disgusted with the media not voting Paul George on the 3rd All NBA Team. Just giving you guys INFO what I have been hearing around here. I have to admit I think George should've made 3rd team but oh well. George is a Top 15 player easily. Brian Windhorst voted Jimmy Butler in over PG, he had 1 of the votes. That was really surprising considering LeBron has been on record saying George is his toughest opponent he has faced head to head over the years. Anyway this is great news for the Lakers but it is still a huge gamble to wait until after next season to see if he signs with the Lakers. The Pacers may just try and trade him to whomever now looking for the best possible deal. The Celtics may even try and trade for him now as well thinking they wont have to give up a lot. Or George might even go there after the season through Free Agency because they are the 2nd best team in the East. If I am the Lakers I jump all over the Pacers being vulnerable now and just offer them as little as possible and see if the Pacers bite. I would see if the Pacers would go for something like Clarkson and Randle and maybe take Deng off our hands for example, Deng plays George's position. For George that isn't really that much. The Lakers would still keep Ingram and Russell and their pick! The Pacers are there to be fleeced now but I still think it will take at least 2 players that are good and young like Clarkson and Randle to get George at worse.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Thu May 18, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Picture this lineup:
PG Lonzo
SG Russell
SF George
PF Nance
C Zubac
6th man Ingram
-after that fill in's that are key role players.

One thing I have noticed about Russell is, he plays much better off the ball. His shooting % is much better off the ball, so Lonzo at Point and he at SG may click.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Thu May 18, 2017 9:37 pm

That lineup isn't better than Indy now. PG has fell out of that top 15 players for me. Wait til next off-season and continue to grow the youth.

I want Josh Jackson with Ingram
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:11 am

Julius Russell wrote:That lineup isn't better than Indy now. PG has fell out of that top 15 players for me. Wait til next off-season and continue to grow the youth.

I think Lonzo Ball will be the pick. I watched a lot of him this season and think he will excel in the NBA. His game is made for this league and he would be a great lead guard for Luke's system.

As for 3Peat's lineup, Zu is 2-3 year away from being a starter in this league and Nance should never be a starter. All the rumors, including Woj, say that PG wants to come home and wear Purple & Gold even if he is traded elsewhere this summer. Of course, if he's traded to a winning situation, that all can change so obviously there's a risk to not trading for him now if he promises to sign a long term deal. Who knows what is going to happen? Maybe we'll surprise everyone and sign Gordon Hayward.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Fri May 19, 2017 8:48 am

I don't see why we build around a wing when Ingram is probably the best overall prospect since KD.

George and Hayward are probably the generation after the next Lakers big time FA will eventually be
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:12 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
Julius Russell wrote:That lineup isn't better than Indy now. PG has fell out of that top 15 players for me. Wait til next off-season and continue to grow the youth.

I think Lonzo Ball will be the pick. I watched a lot of him this season and think he will excel in the NBA. His game is made for this league and he would be a great lead guard for Luke's system.

As for 3Peat's lineup, Zu is 2-3 year away from being a starter in this league and Nance should never be a starter. All the rumors, including Woj, say that PG wants to come home and wear Purple & Gold even if he is traded elsewhere this summer. Of course, if he's traded to a winning situation, that all can change so obviously there's a risk to not trading for him now if he promises to sign a long term deal. Who knows what is going to happen? Maybe we'll surprise everyone and sign Gordon Hayward.

My lineup was based on us trading Randle, so Nance would have to start at PF if we traded Randle, that is all that was. Zubac is actually the only quality Center we have. I guess Black is decent but it wouldn't shock me at all if Zubac ends up starting sometime next season. MozGov stinks.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:18 am

PG is easily a Top 15 player in the league. He is better than Draymond Green and Jimmy Butler that is for sure and both of them made All-NBA teams. I could even argue PG is a Top 10 player in the league. The Pacers played the Cavs tougher than anyone has so far and PG held his own against LeBron, yeah it was a sweep but every game was close. PG's career as a whole has been better than Green's and Butler's as well. Hell, Green is the 4th best player on the Warriors (3rd if you think he is better than Thompson). PG got screwed plain and simple but it's good for the Lakers if the Lakers want to pursue him. It makes it easier for Magic to trade for him or sign him after next season.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:40 am

If you can name me 15 players better than PG than go ahead and try. Trust me you cant. Like I said I could argue he is Top 10 and have plenty of facts to back up my debate in that. LeBron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, Leonard, A. Davis are better, after that it's debatable. I would rather have PG over James Harden to be honest, Harden is a flopping cry baby and disappears every season in the Playoffs in the worst ways. PG at least has gone deep twice in the Playoffs being the best player on his team and gave LeBron fits taking him 7 games as well in the ECFinals. I would take PG over CP3, Griffin, or Cousins too if I had to choose between those guys. PG is better than Butler, Green, DeRozan, and Hayward as well. I would take PG over I. Thomas too, Thomas is just too small to be a primary SuperStar on any team. If PG went to Boston, he would be their best player and main go to guy late in games. Thomas would be Robin. When it comes to Giannis vs PG that is close but Giannis has to sustain his play for at least 2 more years before I slobber all over him, PG is better IMO.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:49 pm

I think the C's will Draft Fultz, I am not so sure I would Draft Ball. I am leaning toward liking Fox a tad better. I love his Defense and he is the type of scorer that can get Points in bundles, guy is John Wall fast as well. I think Ball will be great too and love Ball's court vision but if we took Fox I would be real happy. As a Laker fan hearing Lavar Ball everyday is really something that turns me off. I don't like him at all. I think he is a bit basketball? and he doesn't seem to think much about women in general either by the way he conducts himself. 495 dollars for a shoe is really comical as well, good luck with that - you better hope Lonzo turns into Jordan. I just don't like Lavar, I can get a great shoe for 100 dollars easily! Fox is just as great as Lonzo IMO and if we take him we wont have to deal with all the hoopla hype of the Ball's.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue May 23, 2017 6:45 am

Lavar Ball has unfortunately become a clown and a product of our over-saturated media/money/pro sports culture. Once his son gets in an NBA jersey and starts playing, pops will fall back and let the umbilical be cut, because his son will be a man playing in man's league - no more AAU or NCAA-level amateur hour.

I hate all this over-projected Paul George hype -- yes, he's a big name, and we are desparate for younger veteran stars to come legitimize our rebuild, but until he's actually "on the table" and our FO makes a legit offer, we can't get stuck on him. We need to pay attention to rebounding and defense just as much as, if not more than, scoring.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:41 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Fox is just as great as Lonzo IMO and if we take him we wont have to deal with all the hoopla hype of the Ball's.

Lonzo is special. He will be better than Jason Kidd IMO.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:06 am

I don't understand that at all, especially considering that when we started the season 10-10, it was the bench that outperformed the starters. On the other hand, perhaps this is a good sign moving forward as our young players ripen.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:15 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Fox is just as great as Lonzo IMO and if we take him we wont have to deal with all the hoopla hype of the Ball's.

Lonzo is special. He will be better than Jason Kidd IMO.

That is high praise Kenny. I think Ball will be Good if not Very Good, maybe Great but I would be happy with Fox as well. I love Fox's potential. Fox could definitely reach John Wall status IMO. If we take either one I would be happy, I just don't care for Lavar.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:49 pm

I look at Lonzo Ball and think he can reach CP3 level - not a bad thing at all in saying that, I wouldn't say Jason Kidd level though. CP3 is also a great playmaker like Kidd was (Kidd was better though IMO) and is a streaky scorer but a Defensive liability at times. I look at Fox and he has John Wall level written all over him but will be better Defensively IMO. I look at Russell and cant figure out who he is like? - at least this will have people Posting :roflmao:. I really don't know though! He isn't anything like CP3 or John Wall or Kidd. He isn't NEAR better than Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Irving, I. Thomas, Lillard, or Conley regarding PG's. So I have know idea who to compare Russ too? As of now Russ is on Jeff Teague Level, truth hurts but it's true as of now. Look at his Stats and Teague's Stats and both of the players accomplishments - it's pretty even and both are similar. Both are streaky scorers and Below Average to Average Defenders, Teague IMO is actually a better playmaker. Teague had 17 Assists in a game this past season, if Russ gets more than 10 that is headline news. I am not just spewing shit, I studied this and looked at everything closely. Teague is a Good player by the way but some in here will look at this as a Dis. I think a player like Lowry to bring up another PG is overrated but he is better than Teague and Russ.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk