Patience

Patience

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:45 pm

I have learned to have patience with the Los Angeles Lakers over the last 4 seasons. 2014 = 27-55, 2015 = 21-61, 2016 = 17-65, 2017 = 26-55. All 4 seasons 27 wins or less. I am willing to give it 1 more year before I really rip the team or be negative. I think Russell needs 1 more season before he gets Good to Very Good. Next season is season 3 for him, to me his season 4 is the huge tell all for me and he will then be 23. Ingram needs at least next season before I can be overly critical of him as well. In season 3, I expect big things from him though. I want to give Magic and Rob this off season and 2018 offseason before I judge them. So I will put up with bad play for 1 more season but after the 2018 season it's do or die IMO with what we do with this team. If we still stink in 18-19 something needs to give. I still expect we wont be good next season but after that my patience will run out. In the 2019 Season Russell should pan out by then and be an All-Star, Ingram should be an All-Star too, and Magic should have a Superstar signed by that season. If not that isn't good at all. So next season = 2018 I wont be too much of an asshole but look out in 2019 if we still stink :roflmao:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Patience

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:27 am

All I car about is stopping the Celtics from winning more titles. They have positioned themselves brilliantly to inherit the post-LeBron East, and their combination of youth and winning will attract big names.

Meanwhile, we have a number of Western teams that are still solid playoff locks, and our challenge right now is just to get back into that conversation. I have faith that our front office - as currently constructed - has the same fire burning for wins as we do, and the same focus on what realistically needs to be done. The next 3 years will be crucial.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:32 am

lakerevolution wrote:All I car about is stopping the Celtics from winning more titles. They have positioned themselves brilliantly to inherit the post-LeBron East, and their combination of youth and winning will attract big names.

Meanwhile, we have a number of Western teams that are still solid playoff locks, and our challenge right now is just to get back into that conversation. I have faith that our front office - as currently constructed - has the same fire burning for wins as we do, and the same focus on what realistically needs to be done. The next 3 years will be crucial.

Yeah the next 2 offseasons (this one and 2018) and the growth of Russell and Ingram are very crucial over the next 2 years. The Celtics are scaring the crap out of me. Ainge more than likely will get the #1 pick too. They still may screw around and try for Paul George again, Larry is buddies with Ainge and he loves the Celtics.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:16 am

The free agent crop sucks this summer anyway, so whether or not we keep the pick doesn't matter. What matters is that the core of Russell-Ingram-Randle-Clarkson-Nance-Zubac continues to grow next season, provided that Magic/Pelinka don't have a better idea. If they show the improvement we can expect, we will have plenty of cap space in 2018 to attract free agents. I also hope that they guarantee Tarik Black's contract and offer Thomas Robinson and Tyler Ennis 1 year deals. The other thing about waiting another summer is that it will make it possible to waive and stretch Mozgov and/or Deng if they can't be moved in trades. Also, if Nick Young Young opts in, his contract will be off the books. I really do believe in my heart of hearts that this is the approach that will be taken because it is basic common sense. On the other hand, neither Magic nor Pelinka have any emotional attachment to our youngsters (they didn't draft them), so anything can happen.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:33 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:The free agent crop sucks this summer anyway, so whether or not we keep the pick doesn't matter. What matters is that the core of Russell-Ingram-Randle-Clarkson-Nance-Zubac continues to grow next season, provided that Magic/Pelinka don't have a better idea. If they show the improvement we can expect, we will have plenty of cap space in 2018 to attract free agents. I also hope that they guarantee Tarik Black's contract and offer Thomas Robinson and Tyler Ennis 1 year deals. The other thing about waiting another summer is that it will make it possible to waive and stretch Mozgov and/or Deng if they can't be moved in trades. Also, if Nick Young Young opts in, his contract will be off the books. I really do believe in my heart of hearts that this is the approach that will be taken because it is basic common sense. On the other hand, neither Magic nor Pelinka have any emotional attachment to our youngsters (they didn't draft them), so anything can happen.

2018 will be the big summer but we should be at least improved next season. If we aren't any good in 2019 something isn't working. We just have to accept that. Next season we will probably stink again but should win 30-34 games if our players are improving. In 2019 that will be season 3 without Kobe and season 4 for Russell + the 2018 offseason to get something big done. If we stink in 2019 I just cant see how anyone can use excuses at that point with who we have. I will always love the Lakers but come on by then we should be .500 and a Playoff team if we make the proper moves and Russell and Ingram are for real. I am even given it 1 more year being next season to stink for extreme patience. Hell most Lakers fans gave up on this franchise 2 years ago.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk