What is acceptable for Russell's play next season?

Re: What is acceptable for Russell's play next season?

Postby Julius Russell » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:41 am

Minnesota was projected this season.
What about Anthony Davis and Cousins.
Nuggets right there v

It's far from a guarantee.

Also Rubio is their engine not Wiggins, who lacks heart?, or Towns. Who is immature
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Russell would be viewed through a different lens if he wasn't on the Lakers. It is easy to by hyper-critical when we watch his inconsistency on a regular basis, while aren't watching the other youngsters regularly. Statistically, Russell has better second year numbers than James Harden, and Harden had better players around him than DLo. Is Harden super athletic or a speed demon? No. Was he consistent in his second season? Hell, no!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... elog/2011/

Did he improve as the season progressed? Hell, yes! So has Russell, whether or not we "see" it as fans. The idea that he is only "good" when you compare him to other young guards is ludicrous. He is Very Good when you take everything into account.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:15 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Russell would be viewed through a different lens if he wasn't on the Lakers. It is easy to by hyper-critical when we watch his inconsistency on a regular basis, while aren't watching the other youngsters regularly. Statistically, Russell has better second year numbers than James Harden, and Harden had better players around him than DLo. Is Harden super athletic or a speed demon? No. Was he consistent in his second season? Hell, no!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... elog/2011/

Did he improve as the season progressed? Hell, yes! So has Russell, whether or not we "see" it as fans. The idea that he is only "good" when you compare him to other young guards is ludicrous. He is Very Good when you take everything into account.

I just want to see improvement next season and if that happens I will be fine with Russell. Of course when you play for the Lakers the lights are shining much brighter on you. A lot of players cant handle playing for the Lakers because there is too much pressure following guys like Magic/Kareem and Kobe/Shaq. Dwight Howard wanted no part of it LOL. I just hope DLo can handle that pressure and he wants it?? I have no idea what his future holds?
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:24 pm

Dwight was just a team killer.
Lakers lore is not why young players aren't consistent. They just aren't.

The ones that are.... maybe 5 in a decade
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:29 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I have no idea what his future holds?

It will be bright. The question is whether it will even be with the Lakers. IF we keep the pick AND we draft Ball, THEN Russell could be traded. Who knows. I just know that he undeservedly gets ripped to shreds by Lakers fans.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:38 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I have no idea what his future holds?

It will be bright. The question is whether it will even be with the Lakers. IF we keep the pick AND we draft Ball, THEN Russell could be traded. Who knows. I just know that he undeservedly gets ripped to shreds by Lakers fans.

Yeah he gets ripped to shreds by most of our fanbase which is probably unfair. I am critical of him too and doubt he will ever be Great but I don't think he stinks or anything. He just needs to keep improving to prove the Haters wrong. I am not even in the hater category, I just want to win after 4 seasons of basically being the worst team in the league, 2 with Russell now.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Russell is not going to be a Westbrook, but he can be an Isaiah Thomas - the Bad Boy, not the Celtic. His value will be in his pure PG play, not in his stat line. He can score individually, he likes to score, but he needs better play(ers) around him to make HIM more effective. He will do until we get much better, at which point he may be packaged to bring in a bigger star.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:29 pm

This was year one with Luke and without Kobe, and next year will be year one without Mitch and with Jeannie, Rob and Magic. Not to keep delaying our "rise", but team stability from top to bottom begins this off-season. NOW it's Russell's team, and we'll see how he does.
lakerevolution

Postby Julius Russell » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:40 pm

At 22. He is still going to get outplayed by All these good to great point guards in this league.

Curry
Westbrook
Cp3
Wall
Thomas
Lillard
Rubio
Irving
Lowry
Conley

Will all be better players for the next 2 to 3 seasons.

Same with Ingram and the wing players in the league.

Wiggins is still emerging into that group and he has always been strong enough.

Clarkson isn't as adept as Lou or Eric Gordon or the veteran 6 men.

Randle is still learning the game.

I hope we keep the young core and develop.
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Julius Russell wrote:At 22. He is still going to get outplayed by All these good to great point guards in this league.

Curry
Westbrook
Cp3
Wall
Thomas
Lillard
Rubio
Irving
Lowry
Conley

Will all be better players for the next 2 to 3 seasons.

Same with Ingram and the wing players in the league.

Wiggins is still emerging into that group and he has always been strong enough.

Clarkson isn't as adept as Lou or Eric Gordon or the veteran 6 men.

Randle is still learning the game.

I hope we keep the young core and develop.

Like I have Posted in the past to Kenny, I wont fully judge him until after season 4 but I do want to see improvement next season and the team get much better. After season 4 we will know what we fully have. He will be 23 by then and have 4 years experience. Yes I am critical of him but like I said I think he can still be Good, possibly Great but I just have my doubts is all. Most Lakers fans don't have the patience that we have in here and want him traded, I don't want that unless someone offers us an potential SuperStar = A Wiggins in the making or an already Star like a Paul George.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk