Gm 68 - 03/15/17: Lakers at Rockets GAME THREAD

Gm 68 - 03/15/17: Lakers at Rockets GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:04 am

(20-47)Image at Image(46-21)

Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 5:00 PM PDT
Toyota Center, Houston, TX

Referees: Mike Callahan (#24), Kevin Scott (#28), Scott Wall (#31)

Line: Rockets -17.5

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT ROCKETS

BY NBA.COM

HOUSTON -- In the midst of the adulation and congratulations, Rockets guard James Harden on Sunday night delivered a quote that underscored one of the more pressing challenges of the NBA.

The Rockets had just rallied past the reigning league champion Cleveland Cavaliers, recording a 117-112 victory on national television that offered all the thrills and chills anyone could desire of a potential NBA Finals preview. Yet while the win was signature, Harden immediately understood to keep the reveling brief.

On Wednesday night, Houston (46-21) hosts the struggling Los Angeles Lakers (20-47) at Toyota Center, completing a jarring two-game swing against the best team in the Eastern Conference and the worst in the West.

A loss to the Lakers would essentially negate the positive vibes that carried the Rockets deep into the night Sunday, and Harden recognized that reality and broached it with sincerity.

"We can't have any letups," Harden said. "We've got to be ready to go next game. We've got 15 games left, so every game is an opportunity for us to get better."

The Lakers are the first of five consecutive games for Houston against teams with losing records, an ample opportunity for the Rockets to not only put a stranglehold on the third seed in the West but to also build momentum toward the playoffs. The Rockets have only four remaining games against teams with winning records.

After dropping the season opener to the Lakers in Los Angeles, the Rockets returned the favor with a 134-95 home victory Dec. 7, a game in which Houston led by as many as 42 points. The Lakers' leading scorer that night was reserve guard Lou Williams, who was dealt to the Rockets after the trade deadline.

That loss to Houston was the fourth of an eight-game skid for the Lakers, a streak that erased the hope of a .500 record through the end of November. The Lakers were 10-10 entering December but lost 12 of 13 games. They won consecutive games only once since and arrive in Houston having lost 10 of 11 games to leave them two games behind the Phoenix Suns in the West cellar.

At this late stage of the season, the Lakers are in evaluation mode, a truth punctuated Monday night when coach Luke Walton pulled guard D'Angelo Russell from the starting lineup in favor of Jordan Clarkson in a 129-101 loss at Denver.

The Lakers employ a roster full of promising young prospects but that group has been slow to jell into anything remotely resembling on-court success.

"Unfortunately we didn't get to see what we were trying to look for with J.C. in the starting lineup because of the lack of competing that never really allowed us to fully be engaged in the game outside of the first six or eight minutes," Walton said. "We need to regroup. We've got a helluva game in Houston. It's going to be more challenging than this."

http://www.nba.com/games/20170315/LALHOU#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Gm 68 - 03/15/17: Lakers at Rockets GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Getting blown out again. Randle is having a monster game but everyone else is playing like doo doo. Sweet Lou has 25 for Houston. He has outscored Russell and Clarkson combined.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:15 pm

BOOOOOO!!!!
Lakers4Life

Postby Julius Russell » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Was an eight point game then Houston hit like 6 3s and goodnight.

Russell is in his head at this point.

Imo, rather lose playing a real lineup and rotation.

8 point loss vs 28 is a different feeling
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:51 am

Lakers4Life wrote:BOOOOOO!!!!

Craig, it is what it is at this point. I agree though = BOOOOOO!!!! As much as I get down on Russell and the way we get blown out, there is light at the end of tunnel with Magic and Rob taking over. I really believe that. Also Russell will now have 2 seasons under his belt and Ingram 1. Hopefully next season both show good progression. With these losses at least we more than likely will keep our Pick and if we Draft Lonzo Ball that will give us all kinds of options regarding possible trades and + we will be getting a tall/quick PG. Russell may be better suited at playing the SG anyway. Ball's court sense with his passing/playmaking look outstanding in college. So we will see. A lot of the media project Ball going to us if we pick 2nd. I just hope he doesn't go 1st which he very well could.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:15 am

We won't recognize the roster AGAIN next season.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:07 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:We won't recognize the roster AGAIN next season.

Probably not, we are just a bad team. Last night Russell became only the 2nd player in NBA history to have more Turnovers and more Fouls while Fouling out than Points. 5 Points/7 Turnovers/6 Fouls. I really don't have much to root for come Playoff time, I hope the Cavs don't win it all, that is about it. Pacers could make it passed the 1st Round depending the matchup, Teague flirted with a TDB last night with 11 Assists and 8 Rebounds and PG scored 39 in their win but I don't think they can even beat the Wizards or Celtics in a series. I wouldn't mind seeing the Warriors win it again since they lost last season anyway and I am sick of the LeBron hype as well. Durant has to get healthy for that to happen.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:03 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:

Probably not, we are just a bad team. Last night Russell became only the 2nd player in NBA history to have more Turnovers and more Fouls while Fouling out than Points. 5 Points/7 Turnovers/6 Fouls. I really don't have much to root for come Playoff time, I hope the Cavs don't win it all, that is about it. Pacers could make it passed the 1st Round depending the matchup, Teague flirted with a TDB last night with 11 Assists and 8 Rebounds and PG scored 39 in their win but I don't think they can even beat the Wizards or Celtics in a series. I wouldn't mind seeing the Warriors win it again since they lost last season anyway and I am sick of the LeBron hype as well. Durant has to get healthy for that to happen.

Bad decision on Luke's part to bench him and Russell has responded well to it at all. Growing pains for BOTH of them.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:11 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

Bad decision on Luke's part to bench him and Russell has responded well to it at all. Growing pains for BOTH of them.

I agree. I side with Russell here, he should start IMO. He needs to build confidence and grow as a leader. Bringing him off the bench does no good. I hate questioning Luke because to me Luke is a Good Coach but Russell should start to continue his growth.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk