Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:21 am

(2-8)Image at Image(5-4)

Monday, November 16, 2015, 6:00 PM PDT
Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix, AZ

Referees: Jason Phillips, Kane Fitzgerald, Dedric Taylor

Line: Suns -11.5

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT SUNS

By KEVIN CHROUST, nba.com

Eric Bledsoe has been a starter since arriving in Phoenix, but the backcourt in his first two seasons wasn't exactly his with Goran Dragic leading all Suns players in minutes and shots per game.

With Dragic long gone after a February trade, Bledsoe's first full season as Phoenix's longest tenured guard is already shaping up to be a career year, and keeping it going Monday night against the visiting Los Angeles Lakers might not take much.

After scoring 30 in Saturday's 105-81 home win over Denver, Bledsoe is averaging 23.2 points after putting up 17.3 with the Suns (5-4) from 2013-15. He's also gone from 13.1 shots per game on 45.8 percent shooting in those years to 16.8 and 49.7 this season.

"I'm just playing, having fun and playing with my teammates and being aggressive," said Bledsoe, who's averaging 28.0 points and shooting 68.2 percent in his last three games. "It's definitely with a better flow. Everybody is getting easy looks, creating for others as well. We're just playing team basketball at the end of the day."

He's also shooting 40.0 percent from 3-point range, and the team has followed suit with a 45.5 mark in the last five games. The Suns have won their last two, and Bledsoe's latest effort came in 30 minutes without taking the floor in the fourth quarter.

"When he comes down and comes at you and pulls up for that jump shot, now these guys are going to have to come pick him up a little higher and he's just going to drive right by them," coach Jeff Hornacek said of Bledsoe. "So he's just playing great right now."

The Suns have won eight in a row at home over the Lakers and swept the four-game series last season while averaging 115.5 points and shooting 50.0 percent.

Los Angeles (2-8) will be trying to win consecutive games for the first time since a three-game winning streak to end February, but it'll have to come in a back-to-back set after Sunday's 97-85 home win over Detroit.

Kobe Bryant and Jordan Clarkson each had 17 points, but Bryant continued to struggle with his shot. The 37-year-old was 6 of 19 from the field and is hitting 33.6 percent for the season, but he also had nine assists and eight rebounds.

Clarkson has averaged 19.0 points and shot 50.0 percent in his last two games. The guard is taking a step forward in the team's offense this season, averaging 15.1 points and 13.3 shots while connecting on 46.7 percent.

They may need more from him if Bryant doesn't play the second of the set, which hasn't been determined after he logged a season-high 36 minutes Sunday.

"We've got to get this win here at home," Bryant said. "(But) right now, I'm barely standing up. My back and my legs, it's killing me. I go home, and I'm looking forward to that ice bath and the stretch, and a full day of recovery tomorrow.

"I'm not looking forward to walking to the car. Seriously."

While the Lakers continue to struggle offensively - they've averaged 92.2 points over the last five games - they've been able to hang around by allowing 39.5 percent shooting.

It's been nearly a year since the Lakers swept a back-to-back, going 2-11 in the second games since winning in Houston on Nov. 19.

Phoenix forward Markieff Morris was sidelined against the Nuggets because of a left knee sprain.

http://www.nba.com/games/20151116/LALPH ... scoreboard
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Gm 11: Lakers at Suns GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:42 am

Our defense may be maturing faster than our offense, and it will be tested tonight. Not anticipating a W from the squad, but certainly looking for some pride and poise out of Hibbert and Randle - two starters whose games must make quantum leaps if we are to up the chances of victory.

CHECKING IN -- tough times build character and little victories build confidence! Let's go!!!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:50 pm

3Peat checking in. This is a tough Offense we are facing tonight. It will be interesting to see how Roy handles the paint. I think we should give them a heavy dose of Ron!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby srafrank » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Checking In.
I want us to concentrate on Defense more , and the offense will take care of itself. Our chemistry is not on the parabolic table yet LOL, but if we get the Defense started maybe we can start by calling it "H" as in Hydrogen.
D :weakout: E :weakout: F :weakout: E :weakout: N :weakout: S :weakout: E
srafrank

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:31 pm

srafrank wrote:Checking In.
I want us to concentrate on Defense more , and the offense will take care of itself. Our chemistry is not on the parabolic table yet LOL, but if we get the Defense started maybe we can start by calling it "H" as in Hydrogen.

Larry Nance, Jr. APPEARS to be develpoing into the "analytics" defender that I thought he would and may very well be one of the steals of the draft. With a 7'1.5" wingspan and a shitload of hops and athleticism and a seemingly high basketball IQ, he is precisely the type of role player who will help glue our defense together over time. Randle's no slouch either at that end and remember that he's only 20 years old. With a full season of NBA experience heaidng into next season, the lengthy backcoury of D'Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson will become defensive forces, too. The NBA is a league that requires individual and TEAM experience to succeed. Sure, you get your 2007-08 Chowds, your Heatles and the New LeBrons from time to time, but it normally takes longer than that to gel. Hell, look how long it took Shaq and Kobe to learn how to get themselves some bling. Baby steps. Enjoy the climb!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:52 pm

We're off to a good start shooting over 50%
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Even Artest is perfect from the field (4 for 4)
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Entertaining 1st Half. Only down 57-53. Ron playing great, Roy looks good too. Sweet Lou has chipped in with 10. See how the 2nd Half goes.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:18 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
srafrank wrote:Checking In.

Larry Nance, Jr. APPEARS to be develpoing into the "analytics" defender that I thought he would and may very well be one of the steals of the draft. With a 7'1.5" wingspan and a shitload of hops and athleticism and a seemingly high basketball IQ, he is precisely the type of role player who will help glue our defense together over time. Randle's no slouch either at that end and remember that he's only 20 years old. With a full season of NBA experience heaidng into next season, the lengthy backcoury of D'Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson will become defensive forces, too. The NBA is a league that requires individual and TEAM experience to succeed. Sure, you get your 2007-08 Chowds, your Heatles and the New LeBrons from time to time, but it normally takes longer than that to gel. Hell, look how long it took Shaq and Kobe to learn how to get themselves some bling. Baby steps. Enjoy the climb!

I love Nance's athletic ability, he has endless potential and great length.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Not enough from not enough Lakers. One of these nights we're going to have our entire starting 5 play well at the same time. :hourglass:
lakerevolution

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:31 pm

Let's see if the bench picks up the starters
Julius Russell

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:01 pm

48 minutes people. Where the hellck is Julius? And Russell is just not getting this NBA thing down. :dedhors:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:24 pm

lakerevolution wrote:48 minutes people. Where the hellck is Julius? And Russell is just not getting this NBA thing down. :dedhors:

Yeah we ran out of steam in the 4th Qtr. Hornacek runs a highoctane Offense as in 93 Octane reliant on his Guard play and all of his Guards from Knight who had 30 to Bledsoe and his bench Guards torched us, Russell runs on 87 Octane at this point but he's young. Their Guard play absolutely destroyed us, Clarkson held his own with 20 and Lou scored some points but their Guards did whatever they wanted. 2-9.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:45 am

Road games. Back to back. Lotsa rookies. No Kobe leadership. At least we kept it a game for awhile, but I'm sure there was an element of them toying with us, too. I'm at the very end of packing up a 3,100 square foot home, so please bare with me. I move on Friday, so I might miss the game completely because I'll be setting up my new place, although my new Mancave sould be avaiable for a nice P&G break from my aching back. Go Lakers!
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk