Gm 61 - 02/28/17: Hornets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Re: Gm 61 - 02/28/17: Hornets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:04 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:It's all opinion regarding who will pan out and who doesn't. If you think Russell has the IT factor than you are in his camp, if you don't than your not. I think Ingram has the IT factor and will be our best player in 2 years out of he, Randle, and Russell. Just answer this question without bias love toward Russell, do any of you think he can even be better than a player like Damian Lillard? If not than you don't believe in him. We need him to be better than Lillard to win Championships if we stick with the process. He will never be Magic and I don't expect that, he will never be Westbrook for that matter but in order for us to win Championships which is the goal we need him to have that IT factor considering we are building the team around him. Now if we build around Ingram or a Free Agent we pick up than it is different. As of now this is considered Russell's team until we make a change.

Probably not, but he just turned 21 and Lillard entered the league when he was 22 and as great as he is, he's imperfect. This is a team sport and while the leadership role is essentially being forced on Russell, maybe it isn't his bag. That doesn't mean that Russell lacks the IT factor though. If he had a player like Paul George playing with him, you'd see a more confident player. He doesn't have any major impact players to work with though and that is where I think people lose sight of reality. You don't have to be Pro-D'Angelo or Anti-D'Angelo. You can just root for him and hope that he and Randle and maybe even Ingram break out next season.

I am in the middle and not sure what to think. I hope he does pan out because that means the Lakers will be good. I like a lot of his game and don't like parts of his game as well. He needs to improve on Defense and improve his FG% or shot selection anyway. He is a decent player but far from Great as of now. We will know the story by season 4 IMO. Really by then he will have no excuses for not being a leader or an All-Star. He will be 23 by then and have 4 years experience. Lillard dominated his Rookie Season and wasn't even the #2 pick.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Gm 61 - 02/28/17: Hornets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:34 pm

I think from here on out I am just going to trust the process since Magic is in charge now. As a sports fan of 40 years as a young kid I really should never even complain. I have been a Lakers fan since 1977 and have witnessed 10 Championships, have been a Colts and Cubs fan since the mid 80's and both have won a Championship. So I am just going to be happy from now on and let things play out. I just hate seeing us lose the way we have the last 5 years, I am not used to it!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk