Something different! Lakers grades as of now

Something different! Lakers grades as of now

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:03 pm

Through 60 games as we are heading down the stretch run, here are my main Players, Coaches, FO grades.
Russell B-
Young B-
Deng D
Randle B-
Mozgov D
Clarkson B-
Ingram C+
Nance B-
Zubac C+ - hasn't played enough to deserve a higher grade but shows promise

*these are the 9 players I graded. I gave Russell, Randle, Young, Nance, and Clarkson all the same grade = they are all Above Average but not solid Good as in a solid (B). Ingram is better than a C IMO but not quite B material.

*FO grade - A, Jeannie gets an (A) for firing Jim and Mitch and hiring Magic, then they hire Pelinka.

*Coaching - B, Luke hasn't had much to work with and now that Lou is traded it really shows in the last 2 games we have had. He has a bunch of young players and no Superstar. I would still give Luke a (B). We have won 19 games and only won 17 last season. He at times has had us playing Good Basketball.

*With the team at 19-41 it was really tough to give any 1 player a solid B and no player deserved an A, JMO. We didn't have 1 player make the All-Star team. I think my grades are pretty fair.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Something different! Lakers grades as of now

Postby Lakers4Life » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:44 am

Russell C+
Young B-
Deng D-
Randle C+
Mozgov D-
Clarkson C+
Ingram C+
Nance C+
Zubac B-

Nobody deserves high grades the way we've played this year. And I'm not even talking about our sorry record. It's our inconsistencies from quarter to quarter/game to game. These guys need to bring it for 48 minutes a night. But for some reason they don't.

I'll give Zubac & Young higher grades because they are both pleasant surprises. Deng & Mosgov were terrible signings
Lakers4Life

Re: Something different! Lakers grades as of now

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:56 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:Russell C+
Young B-
Deng D-
Randle C+
Mozgov D-
Clarkson C+
Ingram C+
Nance C+
Zubac B-

Nobody deserves high grades the way we've played this year. And I'm not even talking about our sorry record. It's our inconsistencies from quarter to quarter/game to game. These guys need to bring it for 48 minutes a night. But for some reason they don't.

I'll give Zubac & Young higher grades because they are both pleasant surprises. Deng & Mosgov were terrible signings

I agree, I didn't give anyone above a B- and gave Deng and Mozgov D's. I am not going to go into a Russell rant but he rarely brings it for 48 minutes, having said that nobody on this team does. I just point to him because he's the leader of the team. Your grades are pretty fair IMO as you pretty much agree with me. Lou Williams brought it for 48 and I would've given him an A.
3Peatkb24

Grades through the 3rd Qtr of the season = 62 games

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:10 pm

As you guys know I break my season down into 4 Qtr's, first 20 games, next 21, next 21, last 20 = 82.

3Peatkb24 wrote:Through 62 games as we are heading down the stretch run, here are my main Players, Coaches, FO grades.
Russell B-
Young B-
Deng D
Randle B-
Mozgov D
Clarkson B-
Ingram C+
Nance B-
Zubac C+ - hasn't played enough to deserve a higher grade but shows promise

*these are the 9 players I graded. I gave Russell, Randle, Young, Nance, and Clarkson all the same grade = they are all Above Average but not solid Good as in a solid (B). Ingram is better than a C IMO but not quite B material.

*FO grade - A, Jeanie gets an (A) for firing Jim and Mitch and hiring Magic, then they hire Pelinka.

*Coaching - B, Luke hasn't had much to work with and now that Lou is traded it really shows in the last few games we have had. He has a bunch of young players and no Superstar. I would still give Luke a (B). We have won 19 games and only won 17 last season. He at times has had us playing Good Basketball.

*With the team at 19-43 it was really tough to give any 1 player a solid B and no player deserved an A, JMO. We didn't have 1 player make the All-Star team. I think my grades are pretty fair.

I am glad there are now only 20 games left. This season has turned sour after a promising 10-10 start. The Deng and Mozgov's signings were terrible, Russell is far from a Star, and now we have a family feud going on between Jeanie and Jim. I loved the hiring of Magic and firing of Jim but this stuff between Jeanie and Jim has really put a damper on that.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk