What should the Lakers do regarding their future?

What should the Lakers do regarding their future?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:32 am

All of us in here are in the midst of our 4th Bad season in a row. We all have had extreme patience for the people in here that Post regularly. Just think we haven't won a Playoff series since May of 2012. Since the 2013 Season here are our records = 45-37 (lost 4-0 to the Spurs in Round 1), 2014 = 27-55, 2015 = 21-61, 2016 = 17-65, and now 2017 = 17-34. Ok, we have progressed a bit this season from last season but still are only on pace to win 27 games. Here are the questions I have for everyone:

All of these can be a simple YES or NO
1. Should Russell be considered tradable in the future? In other words if a deal was right would you possibly trade him?
2. Do you guys think Russell will ever become a Superstar?
3. Should Randle be considered tradable in the future? In other words if a deal was right would you possibly trade him?
4. Do you guys think Ingram will become a Superstar in 3 seasons?
5. Should we just stand pat for another 2 seasons and not trade anyone? Meaning the rest of this season and next season. Just let the process play out and continue to have more patience?
6. Will we sign any big name Free Agents after the season?

-Here is a more complicated question and a question Ken might like:
For fun can you guys come up with some fake trades with Nance and Clarkson involved? These 2 seem to be the real 2 trading chips we may have.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: What should the Lakers do regarding their future?

Postby Julius Russell » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:15 am

Most players in sports are tradable so yes Russell is.

But in my opinion it's way too early to consider that.

I think Russell has potential and Superstar is certainly still possible. He is dynamic but still raw physically and mentally.

I see no reason to trade the youth. It's year 1 after Kobe Bryant's 20 year run.

I'M simply regretting the Mosgov deal because Zinc appears to be a great find and Black is also a nice developing big.

Stay the course. This team is going to be special in a few.
Look at Wiggins and Towns.
Bucks took a few. Etc
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:31 am

I consider this to be our first real rebuild season because it's our first without Kobe. They should stay the course, let this young core grow and make some tweaks as it develops.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:47 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:I consider this to be our first real rebuild season because it's our first without Kobe. They should stay the course, let this young core grow and make some tweaks as it develops.

Yeah what the hell, I am willing to stand pat for another season after this one. You are willing do it so that tells me a lot as I respect your patience and opinions. Next season is where I really need to see major improvement though or I will become irritated :roflmao: I express some negativity now in here but that is common for any fan that goes through 4 Bad years. I just want to see the team win.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:52 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
1. Should Russell be considered tradable in the future?

I would hold onto him. He's intelligent (without cell phones), athletic, can score, can pass, and loves the game. A definite asset.

2. Do you guys think Russell will ever become a Superstar?

He's already a "star" . . but his star will rise as the team becomes better. Superstar? Nah. Was Chauncey a superstar?

3. Should Randle be considered tradable in the future? In other words if a deal was right would you possibly trade him?

He's athletic, a real gamer, he loves the game, he fights hard, he WILL get better as he ages. His challenge is keeping his turnovers, mistakes and fouls down.

4. Do you guys think Ingram will become a Superstar in 3 seasons?

Ingram will only become a "superstar" if his team improves around him. These guys are YOUNG. I can see him as a flex-3 Klay type, a definite piece of a playoff team, but not a leader type.

5. Should we just stand pat for another 2 seasons and not trade anyone? Meaning the rest of this season and next season. Just let the process play out and continue to have more patience?

We CAN'T (as fans) have more patience . . and we CAN'T (meaning our front office) sit on our hands for two years. We'll lose Mozzy and Clark and maybe more, but our transactions MUST be all net additions from here on out.

6. Will we sign any big name Free Agents after the season?

Cousins is staying in Sac. Who do you want?

For fun can you guys come up with some fake trades with Nance and Clarkson involved? These 2 seem to be the real 2 trading chips we may have.

Nobody wants Nance -- nobody that can offer us what we want. Clark is an Ariza clone minus the defense. Nance and Clark for . . Butler? :dedhors:

lakerevolution

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:51 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:All I got to say is......................

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

As y'all know, I was there and some of the memorabilia I got from the game, including my ticket, is framed and prominently displayed in my Man Cave.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk