Gm 45 - 01/14/17: Pistons at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Re: Gm 45 - 01/14/17: Pistons at Lakers at GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Another loss. I have patience but some of these losses are inexcusable like tonight. We shouldn't lose to Detroit at home if we are making progress, JMO. Is everyone in here really content with our team? Just asking. This will be the 4th season in a row we probably wont even win 30 games. I am ready for Baseball to be honest.

I understand your pain brutha 3-Peat. We our in uncharted waters as a franchise. We are going to miss another playoffs. But I'm focusing on:

#1. Players growth. (And I've seen that with Randle, Russell, Ingram, Zubac & sporadically Clarkson)

#2. Coaching style. ( He's still growing but Walton seems like the right fit who is learning on the fly with are yutes)

#3. Competing. (We put ourselves in a position to win almost every night including last night but tend to fall apart at the end of quarters and especially at the end of the game. (NO KOBE = No closer) So it makes sense. These are just part of the growing pains a young team goes through. These same close games we're losing this season we'll probably win a lot more of next season with another year of experience under our belts)

4. Other young up & coming teams. ( I look at Philadelphia, Minnesota etc.. and we are still either have a better record or similar one to most of those teams. And they arguably have similar or better talent than we do. So we got to trust this process)

#5. Wins. (Least importance but We already are on pace to more victories than last years and should almost double our wins (26-30). That's progress)

A few last points: Don't underestimate the value of Larry Nance Jr & other injuries and their effect on our progress & win total.

And lastly, when this team is clicking on all cylinders, it's a beautiful thing to watch. And we have seen glimpses of our future. All we're missing are experience/growth. Then the victories will start piling up.

Patience my young Padawan. Because fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. And Hate leads to the darkside

Excellent Post!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Realistic expectations.
Team built around kids with average vets.

Pistons have Reggie Jackson ( a developed version of Clarkson)
Drummond and a few more guys ahead of schedule compared to our rookie and sophomore groups.

Only team with less experience and_or talent is Philly
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:28 pm

I went to the game last night. Obviously it is one that a year from now, we win easily. Growing pains. Robert is right in his assessment, but I think that only the Nyets, and maybe the Heat, are measurably worse than us. I still think we have a few good streaks in us this season, but Luke needs to get more creative on offense because teams have film on us now and once the half court offense is disturbed just a bit, we are in No Man's Land. We are a shambles on most fast breaks and the communication on defense should be better, although I thought we did a good job at that end up until midway into the second quarter and in the third quarter, but obviously not for a sustained 48 minutes. Losing sucks and gets tiresome, but just like the young Lakers need to nut it up and focus for 48 mpg, we as fans owe it to them to remain enthusiastically committed.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:12 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:I went to the game last night. Obviously it is one that a year from now, we win easily. Growing pains. Robert is right in his assessment, but I think that only the Nyets, and maybe the Heat, are measurably worse than us. I still think we have a few good streaks in us this season, but Luke needs to get more creative on offense because teams have film on us now and once the half court offense is disturbed just a bit, we are in No Man's Land. We are a shambles on most fast breaks and the communication on defense should be better, although I thought we did a good job at that end up until midway into the second quarter and in the third quarter, but obviously not for a sustained 48 minutes. Losing sucks and gets tiresome, but just like the young Lakers need to nut it up and focus for 48 mpg, we as fans owe it to them to remain enthusiastically committed.

All great points. If anyone in here has more patience than anyone it's definitely me. I have been a Cubs fan forever and they have stunk pretty much my whole life. Colts weren't really great until they got Peyton. I waited a long time for both of them to win Championships as a fan. I just don't think losing to Detroit is a good look for progression, Detroit stinks. That is JMO. We have also lost to the Mavs twice at home as well and in those losses got embarrassed - what is the excuse for that, Mavs stink? Just cant lose those type of games. Losing to the Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, and OKC by 30+ points really isn't good either which we do routinely.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk