New Top 50 All-Time NBA?

Re: New Top 50 All-Time NBA?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:49 pm

I just wonder how good Duncan and LeBron would be if they played in the 80's? With teams being able to play extremely physical against them, clobbering them every night with no Flagrant Fouls being called. Hell LeBron bitches about getting beat up now and was a huge cry baby when they played the Pacers in the 2013 ECF's saying that the Pacers were a dirty team. He hasn't seen dirty but Bird has with the Bad Boy Pistons. Like I said Bird played in a much tougher ERA and against better teams like the Lakers in the Finals a bunch. I think Shaq would been fine during the 80's because of his size but Duncan plays more of a finesse game and LeBron for his size doesn't like contact. See a player like Kobe would've been great in the 80's as well. He loves the physical play of the game.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:02 pm

LeBron is a result of crack cocaine, toxic waste, government cheese and 90's R&B music played on Cleveland radio stations. Once in a generation talent though. He would have been an all-star in any decade.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:34 pm

tate793 wrote:So now we see West was also a defensive hard-nosed player.

As for eras, players are players. Ron Artest, Ben Wallace, Kobe, Matt Barnes, Derek Fisher, are just as tough as anybody from the 80's. Bad Boys were no more than Lambeer and Mahorn. Chicago had Oakley. The 70's were tougher than the 80's.

Watching the Logo backhand and lay out Jerry Sloan was priceless.

Good game tonight, Winnable game. We are progressing and by the end of the season we will be in contention.

We should've won tonight. SHIT! We could easily be 4-4 instead of 1-7. We had tonight won, the Minnesota game won, and NY game won.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:19 am

tate793 wrote:What happens when you piss the Cap off. No matter who you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMrTqqt-_Gg

That's what I mean, in todays game Cap would've been kicked out of the game throwing an elbow like that and if Cap did that to LeBron, LeBron probably would've went to the sideline crying about his boo boo. Players were brutal back then. I truly miss the 80's. They had it all, from the Great athletes to the Great teams and REFS let them play. Magic, Bird, and Jordan was some fun days. Once Magic and Bird retired it became the Jordan league and I truly I couldn't stand the 90's. Shaq and Kobe helped me get back to being happy in the 2000's.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:43 pm

tate793 wrote:Oh, but you didn't notice Bird about to get his ass kicked. "lol4: Even though it was McCoward who hit Kareem in the back of the head.

I noticed it. The Celtics were a dirty team back then. They played rough in sly ways, especially McHale and Parish, Ainge was a little dirty bastard too.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:17 pm

One thing I noticed about their list is Tim Duncan is 16th, Hakeem is 18th, and Karl Malone is 15th. Yet Bill Russell is 2nd because of Championships. This all-time 50 list is too wishy washy. Bird is 9th, Kobe 10th too, Kobe is better than Bird. Actually Dirk is 30th :clapping2: Reason for the clap is, I just noticed that after I had Posted on the Mavs/Lakers Game Thread he is a Top 30 player of all-time. They have Wade Top 40, bogus, Wade is top 25 at worse too. Also Worthy belongs in the Top 40 but they kicked him out of the Top 50. :angry:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Top 16/sweet 16 since 1977 should be: 1977 is when I first started watching.
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Larry Bird
6. Tim Duncan
7. Shaq O'Neal
8. LeBron James
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Moses Malone
11. Karl Malone
12. Julius Erving
13. Isiah Thomas
14. Dwyane Wade
15. Charles Barkley
16. Dirk Nowitzki

-Criteria = Eye test, ERA played in/Competition played, Stats, Titles won, Overall wins, League MVP's won, Finals MVP's won, Clutchness, Intangibles, WOW factor, Fundamentals as in court sense and shooting and dribbling, Longevity, and Dominance at their Position.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:00 am

Tate

Those numbers are pretty close in a lot of area's. Bird has a ton more Assists and hasn't played near as long, more Steals, more NBA MVP's too + despite what you may think he played in an ERA when he had to face better teams as in Magic's Lakers. Bird didn't play near as long as Duncan has and still beats him in several categories. Duncan only has a FG% better by 1 % and he is a Center/PF where Bird shot most of his shots outside of the paint too. One can debate this either way, it's not clear cut. I have no problem with someone saying Duncan is better but it's debatable, but if someone says Bird is better you want no part of it for some reason. By the way going by the panel who did the all-time 50 list they have Duncan 16th and Bird 9th, they have Malone rated higher than Duncan. Lets talk 3Pt%, 3 pointers made, FT%, etc.. Duncan cant even compare to Bird either when it comes to that and that is huge part of Basketball.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:43 pm

tate793 wrote:The experts would be the NBA. They are the ones that bestowed the All NBA Defensive 1st Team Awards on Timmy D and ZERO on Bird. Timmy D has more championships, points, better FG%, Finals MVPs. More dominant in his position and more longevity.

-Criteria = Eye test, ERA played in/Competition played, Stats, Titles won, Overall wins, League MVP's won, Finals MVP's won, Clutchness, Intangibles, WOW factor, Fundamentals as in court sense and shooting and dribbling, Longevity, and Dominance at their Position.

Those were listed in your criteria choices, 3Peat, and Duncan topped Bird in them all. You even included fundamentals - Timmy D is known as The Big Fundamental

3Peat said - Going by my criteria Bird and Duncan are fairly even. Eye test - I believe Bird is the more complete player, ERA played in/competition played - I believe Bird played in a better/tougher ERA, League MVP's won - advantage Bird, Intangibles - advantage Bird as he had more of a complete game as in better passer, dribbler, and outside shooter, Clutch factor - advantage Bird as he has many more last second shots than Duncan has, The Dominance at their Position - is even as both have dominated their position equally, Bird has had players like LeBron and Elgin play his position as well. Duncan has him in Championships and Finals MVP's (he only has 1 more Finals MVP by the way) I get all of that but look at who his teams have beat in the Finals to win those and look at who Bird had to play. Spurs beat the Knicks when Ewing was out = weak, a Nets team that was weak too, Cavs when LeBron was a 1 man team - they were weak too. They have basically beat 2 teams in the Finals that are even worth mentioning that is Detroit in 2005 and Miami in 2014. You basically put most of your eggs in 1 basket and just look at overall stats which you cant do that. If that was the case than John Stockton would blow Magic out of the water regarding who the better PG was. Stockton has way more Assists and Steals than Magic, is Stockton better than Magic? Reason why you now want to scroll by my Posts is because you have finally ran into someone that is just as smart as you are and you cant take it. I know my shit unlike 99% of the people you debate with and I wont back down and run in a corner like most do when they chat with you. I really could care less if you do scroll by my posts at this point because you twist what I Post anyway and try to make me look like I don't know what I am talking about when I very well do. Because of you I just list who the best players are basically since 1980 because you also use the "You have never seen that player live" crap when I have seen 100's of Clips of Wilt, Russell, Elgin, West, and know plenty how they played but that isn't good enough for you. Oh well, the debates were fun why they lasted. The main difference between you and I has always been, I respect your opinions and you shit on mine.

Tate said - Do the math, 3Peat. Who topped the most categories? Based on your own criteria - It ain't even close. From now on, I'll just scroll past your lists, because even when your own criteria shows something different, you want to stick to your picks. I'm done with the topic of Larry Bird.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:05 pm

tate793 wrote:Bullshit! There are 20 criteria and Duncan won 15 of them. Era ain't got nothing to do with it because Shaq hammered people just as hard as Lambeer or Mahorn. That was all that was dirty and the Celtics were as dirty as anybody. That's why both Kareem and DrJ kicked Bird's ass on the court. They are not "pretty even". Duncan is considered, hands down, the premier top PF in the history of the game. Bird is not considered the top SF in the history of the game. 5 championships to 3. Hell, even Magic won 5. Bird sucks hind tit. If he was all that, he would have more than 3 chips. You keep making all these excuses, and, keep trying to elevate him BUT the numbers don't bear that out. You always quote championships, mvps, finals mvps, and, yet won't accept that as proof the Duncan is superior. Then, you throw up longevity. Duncan smokes Bird in that category. There was nothing more clutch than Timmy's bank shot. Except maybe Logo's 18 ft jumper. Bird couldn't rebound worth beans. Barkley, Marion, LeBron, Baylor, Rodman were all shorter than him and yet they rebounded.

Like I said, I'm through with it. And I guess you think Luck is better than Peyton was in his prime. :nocomment:

I remember when you thought Bill Russell was the best thing since ribbed condoms until I showed you his lousey offensive numbers. I remember when you thought a job was a book in the Bible. I remember when you got locked in KMart after hours and tried to send S.O.S. signals with a PlayStation4. "lol4:

Lastly, you DON't know shit except what you think you remember. If you knew so much, then you would know that Duncan is better than Bird.

Actually Peyton is better than Luck so far regarding their prime adding in Peyton's full prime which was basically up through the 2009 Season but Luck isn't dogshit like you make him out to be :waaaaa: Luck through 4 seasons so far (61 games) actually has better stats like you love to point out, more TD's and less INT's (yes less INT's) and his record is 38-23, Peyton was 31-30 through 61 games. Also it's funny how you had to point out the only thing I have ever flipflopped on that being Russell/Kobe. It's kind of tough not to put someone in the Top 5 of all-time when they have 11 Championships and dominated a decade. Flip flop one time and gets pointed out :waaaaa:
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:18 pm

tate793 wrote:He didn't dominate squat. His team did. WILT dominated in points, blocks and rebounds. Even led the league in assists. Dispense with the bullshit about Russell dominating. Plus, Russell never faced Kareem, either.

Peyton is so much better than Luck whether you admit it or not. SB's. Completions. Luck hasn't sniffed a SB. Even today, I'd rather go to the SB with Peyton calling the signals than Luck. Peyton is smarter, more along the lines of Montana, Elway and Bradshaw. Luck is more like Breese, Romo and Rivers.

I'll bet the Broncos finish with a better record and go further than the Colts do this year. :geezer:

Luck sniffed a SB last season, what do you call a Title Game. Yes they got smoked but by a team that was great on the road. Regarding Wilt/Russell, I have always ranked Wilt higher so I don't see your beef with me there. I have never once said Russell is better than Wilt or Cap.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:55 pm

tate793 wrote:Getting smoked in a title game isn't sniffing the SB. Losing the title game in OT would be sniffing.

You said Russell "dominated". But, he couldn't because Wilt dominated. Wilt, Kareem and Shaq are all better than Russell - who had no offensive consistency whatsoever.

Hell Paul George is even a better SF than Bird was. LeBron has played the same amount of years as Bird, but has scored more points. Now,, there is a dominate player for ya. BTW - right now, Derek Fisher's Knicks are spanking LeBron & Co. "lol4:

I am glad to see Paul George back playing at an Elite level. It is amazing with the technology we have now days and Docs that they care repair a leg that was snapped into! Pacers look good. Knicks are up 82-80 on the Cavs right now late in the 4th, should be an interesting finish. Porzingis doesn't look as bad as we all thought he would. He damn near hit a game winner from 40 feet last night. The Warriors look unbeatable right now. I have Curry on my Fantasy Basketball team in here and he is delivering the goods.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:03 pm

Well Cavs won, oh well. The LeBron's are now 8-1.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:17 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Well Cavs won, oh well. The LeBron's are now 8-1.

Surprised tate has not commented negatively about this post 3Peat. He seems to hate on every opinion you have! :dedhors:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:52 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Well Cavs won, oh well. The LeBron's are now 8-1.

Surprised tate has not commented negatively about this post 3Peat. He seems to hate on every opinion you have! :dedhors:

I am used to it. It bothers me a little just because he just wants to ignore any point I throw out there about any topic and it's like talking to a wall but it doesn't bother me to the point where I am mad or anything. He is set in his ways and it is what it is. I can at least say I respect a lot of his opinions and even agree with a lot of what he is saying, he on the other hand seems to think I have no idea what I am talking about :waaaaa: :crapper:
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk