Rumors that Bill Simmons coming out with new book

Rumors that Bill Simmons coming out with new book

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:53 pm

It's rumored that Bill Simmons is coming out with a new book with his updated Greatest Players list in it. I read this on reddit, some are saying he has LeBron 6th all-time now. His list is based on through last season with the Cavs winning it all. His old Top 12 from after the 2010 Season is this:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Bill Russell
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Magic Johnson
5. Larry Bird
6. Wilt Chamberlain (now 7)
7. Tim Duncan (now 8)
8. Kobe Bryant (now 9)
9. Jerry West (now 10)
10. Oscar Robertson (now 11)
11. Hakeem Olajuwon (now 12)
12. Shaquille O'Neal (now 13)
-Insert LeBron at #6 and just move everyone 1 notch down on his updated Pantheon players.

My updated List/Pantheon looks like this through the 2016 Season:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Kobe Bryant - Mamba is Top 5, sorry haters!
6. Tim Duncan - Greatest PF ever or is he a Center? 5 Titles, was a huge driving force behind 4 of them.
7. Shaquille O'Neal - Other than Wilt, most dominant force in the paint of all-time! 4 Titles and only 1 of 2 players to win 3 straight Finals MVP's, Michael Jordan is the only other. Think about that.
8. LeBron James - All the years I argued with Tate that Bird was better came to a halt with LeBron's Title last season! I have James at #8, not quite Top 5.
9. Bill Russell - 11 Titles! He was one of the best Defensive players, Rebounders, and team players of all-time but his Offensive deficiencies is why I have him 9th. Winning 11 Titles is bigtime legacy material.
10. Larry Bird - Top 10 player ever and that cant be debated! Killer instinct, Great Shooter and Rebounder, 3 Titles.
11. Oscar Robertson
12. Jerry West
13. Hakeem Olajuwon
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Rumors that Bill Simmons coming out with new book

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:41 am

Tate would probably be happy with my new updated list but it fits my criteria as well and if someone was doing an all-time Draft I could see these guys going in the order the way I have them by a lot of people: As of December 14th, 2016.
Greatest NBA Players of all-time
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson - Probably the Greatest Leader in sports history! and I mean in any sport.
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - Most League MVP's in NBA history with 6.
4. Wilt Chamberlain - Only 2 Championships won but his Stats were over whelming! His most sensational seasons came when he played for the Philadelphia Warriors/Philadelphia Sixers. He is Philly's best player of all-time easily. The Sixers do have a statue of Wilt outside of Wells Fargo Arena in Philly if anyone is wondering!
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Tim Duncan
7. Shaquille O'Neal
8. LeBron James
9. Bill Russell - Greatest winner in NBA history, 11 Championships won being the Best player on his team.
10. Larry Bird
11. Oscar Robertson
12. Jerry West
13. Hakeem Olajuwon
14. Moses Malone
15. John Havlicek
16. Elgin Baylor
17. Karl Malone - 2nd all-time NBA Leading scorer!
18. Julius Erving
19. Isiah Thomas
20. Dwyane Wade
-That is my Top 20 and I am sticking to it. My main crucial criteria are NBA Stats, NBA Championships won being the best or 2nd best player, NBA Overall games won being the best or 2nd best player, NBA League MVP's won, NBA Finals MVP's won, Leadership of a player, and Clutch play in big games.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk